AT&T Reviews in Wayne, PA | Glassdoor

Wayne, PA

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 890 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 503 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1082 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 312 reviews)

1. "If you're good, get your experience and then move on."

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Wayne, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm still in a legacy DirecTV division, so the people are great. I got some a really awesome project and great new technical skills from it.

Cons

It seems everyone is replaceable and equal at AT&T. Don't expect merit rewards. I killed it for the team and got zero raise. AT&T benefits are also terrible and there is threat of salary reductions for the full transition in 2017 so I am looking around. Still it can be a good place to get experience for your resume. Just don't expect to reap the rewards here. If you are exceptional take the experience and move on. It's only a place for the mediocre to feel comfortable long term and stay.

Advice to Management

I understand the need to conserve costs. But you are losing out overall. You have exceptional employees doing more work than 3 or 4 coworkers combined but they are looking at losing out. Reward and promote based on merit. Get rid of the incompetent. I think you would save $$$ overall AND serve the customers better. I feel completely alienated.

Showing 1 of 18,314 review