AT&T Reviews in West Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1038 reviews)

• Life consuming, no work life balance (in 298 reviews)

1. "Tons of corporate kool-aid but great for motivated individuals"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits.
    Grows confidence and people skills.
    Great discount.
    An exciting company to be a part of now and more likely in the future.

Cons

Leadership seems like a hard thing to do within.
    Constant quantifiable goals makes coaching more of an anxious push and bossing around rather than true leadership.
    Retail hours.
    Management doesn't care about work life balance motivation to them is "willing to do anything".

Advice to Management

Frontline employees are compensated well, and recognized but to prevent resentful attitudes and turnover, implementing a cultural shift towards "work life balance" and taking care of people as a "whole" may make frontline employees more motivated and engaged. Immediate store managers need more development they are struggling to "lead". Find out a way to recognize and promote integrity within leadership and within sales practices.

"Retail Sales Consultant."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment with a good opportunity to interact face to face with customers. It'd pretty easy to do, once you get ahold of things and working the computer systems.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure on TV sales and that's where all the money is made. They also promise you that would will make all this money that you never do. I was one of the top sales representatives for the whole state and they still never paid me nearly a thousand dollars in commission they promised me. They also work you to the bone with hours. I worked 70 hours a week at minimum usually and rarely got days off. I had two days off a month for nearly 6 months straight.

Advice to Management

Stop buying companies that AT&T can't afford and taking it out on your employees. You should never have bought DirecTV or Time Warner/HBO. Only company you should have bought was U.S Cellular and stuck with phone sales. The "we are an entertainment company" crap just led to you losing money and one of your best employees. Also, fix OPUS. It sucks.

Showing 2 of 17,527 reviews