AT&T "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

AT&T Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Found 19997 reviews

3.3
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
Pros
  • "Really good work/life balance and great benefits(in 1683 reviews)

• "Nice people good pay good work environment(in 1550 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much work life balance without seniority(in 1205 reviews)

• "Uncertainty based on upper management failure to create an inclusive future for all employees(in 685 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Leading to Change"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great discounts, paid time off, insurance, bonuses

Cons

Advice to Management

Management at At&t will prepare you to grow in multiple areas, starting with coaching the members of your team to making sure the company stays profitable.

AT&T2019-04-15
  2. "Once a great place to work at, but job security has become a big concern."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefit package (insurance and vacation) are very good.

Cons

Many jobs are being lost due to surplus. Upper management treats employees like numbers and not people. Many jobs are being sent outside of the US.

AT&T2019-04-24

"Was a decent company, lost its way"

Former Employee - Senior SPECIALIST-NETWORK SUPPORT in Durham, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The people are good. The training was encouraged. Decent tool set to work from home although they are in the process of bringing everybody back to the office.

Cons

Upper management has no clear direction of where the company is going. They start a direction and in 6 months give up on it. Constant and continuous layoffs. Went through 18 in 20 years. Very difficult to transition to a new role if you are not in a major city like Atlanta, New York, Chicago, etc.

Advice to Management

Quit with the layoffs and the functional blacklisting. Your attempts to go from the telecom business to an entertainment company are a death knell and the analysts know it. Entertainment companies have failed since the 1920s. Telecom survived it.

AT&T2019-04-18
  4. "Mediocre company to work for"

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great Pay, tools and truck provided, Safety, cash for high performers, Pension and 401K, Union presence, great perks.Quality Uniforms, Challenging and interesting Job.

Cons

No room for growth. Heavily macro managed, spying, bulling and following employees, Must meat performance metric with the threat of loosing your job. Constant layoffs, Management and upper management sucks. Physically, emotionally and mentally draining, Company uses psychology of fear to control employees. Zero work life balance. Forget about planning anything after work. Very...

Advice to Management

CEO and upper management needs to treat better their employees, need to manager better their surpluses by looking for other ways to cut cost. get employees involved and seriously improve the conditions of work.

AT&T2019-04-14

"Great benefits/pay but moral at it's lowest ever."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits and overall work ethics as to what one needs to do for their work. Company provides training opportunities to advance skills.

Cons

Upper management disengaged with lower management as to their job function and particular role they play. Also moral is low with constant layoffs with management.

Advice to Management

Be more honest and upfront with employees long term. Treat them as people not as UID's. Make people feel good overall about their work.

AT&T2019-04-10
  6. "Good company just deal with micro manging"

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. The job is union for now.

Cons

Micro managing, upper management out of touch of reality.

AT&T2019-03-22
  7. "Perspective"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great OJT. They shape great sales people, so if nothing else use it as a stepping stone to get to something better. AT&T looks great on a resume. I got the job I have now sight unseen because of them on my resume and my sales history with them. I worked with a great team until we acquired DTV and TW and then everyone left which is below.

Cons

1. Company doesn't care about you at all. 2. HUGE turnover rate due to being under-appreciated or just massive cuts from higher ups for them to acquire new services and products. 3. Goals go up, commissions go down EVERY YEAR. I saw a 20k difference in my paycheck before I left. Im still close with my old team and they say it's gotten even worse since I left. 4. Somewhat unethical practices on sales floor. Cant...

Advice to Management

Not so much store mgmt but area and above. STOP BUYING CRAP YOU CANT AFFORD. We lost many a GREAT manager to you forcing them to step down because you needed to save money to afford new stuff. When I left you were actively trying to get reps to step down to part time so you didnt have to pay benefits and could lower our pay and our ASM's were being asked to step down to reps and relocate to stores of people who wouldnt...

AT&T2019-04-04
  8. "Decent pay with little to no path for advancement"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good pay when compared to like positions at other companies Potential for incidental overtime/extra pay if needed Ability to work with little oversight Tools and company vehicle provided Decent benefits package

Cons

You are just a number on a spreadsheet. If you are underperforming, you are a target. Many times overtime is not optional, very hard to make plans on any given day when you have to work. Direct management is good to decent depending, however upper management is very quick to punish for certain missteps.

Advice to Management

Your workers are more then columns on a spreadsheet. Treat them as such and give opportunity for advancement and they will likely give back more in return.

AT&T2019-04-02
  9. "A lot of expectations - be prepared to work"

Current Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

AT&T has great benefits - paid vacation, 401K with company match, dental, vision, etc...the pay is fair for a non-specialized position. Inside job.

Cons

The company expects a LOT, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Lots of spinning plates to balance. At times you feel like all you are is a number and all upper management cares about is numbers. Also, the company is only closed 3 days a year - Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Your schedule will vary week to week so finding balance and consistency can be tough to non-existent.

AT&T2019-03-31
  10. "Good company, but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Good pay - Good benefits - Good co-workers - Reps are supported and protected by CWA

Cons

- Poor culture that’s more than likely the result from the trickle down communication from upper management - Micro managing of employees by management

AT&T2019-03-15