ATCIC Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ATCIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, supportive supervisors, paid leave

Cons

Typical burnout working in mental health field

2. "Intensive Case Manager"

Current Employee - Intensive Case Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Intensive Case Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ATCIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Integral Care for a year and a half now, and I am pretty satisfied with my experience thus far. My program manager and team lead are incredibly supportive of me and of the unit (Child & Family Department) as a whole. I feel supported and heard and encouraged by managers but coworkers alike. This position has also given me invaluable experience - it's a program I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

The job itself can be quite stressful, but if you love to help people then this is a great position to leap into the world of social work. That aside, having to adapt to the constantly changing procedures and standards in the department can be a lot to manage. However, the positive is that the department has seen many improvements over the time I've been here, which is quite fortunate for new-comers.

3. "Great benefits and somewhat flex schedule but a lot of paperwork and can be a stressful work place"

Current Employee - Qualified Mental Heath Professional in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Qualified Mental Heath Professional in Austin, TX

I have been working at ATCIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits /PTO etc
    Supervision is free as a LPC-I
    Large pay raise when you are fully licensed as an LPC
    Coworkers are supportive

Cons

Lots of paperwork and required tests/administrative tasks that are mandatory
    Working with majority of peoples served can be stressful
    Location of offices

4. "Listen to the little guys."

I worked at ATCIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with amazing coworkers. We had each other's backs and were constantly supporting one another. I respected everyone in my unit and would have helped them at any time of the day because I knew I could depend on them and they could depend on me.

Cons

The company is a mess. They put new requirements out agency wide at least once a month. I was poorly trained and my unit was poorly supervised. No matter who my coworkers and I talked to about our struggles with the supervisor nothing helped. Upper management protect management positions. Massive turnover as well. I was there for 1.5 years and 8 coworkers were hired and left for other jobs. It doesn't pay to stick out in the crowd. I felt that any new ideas or innovations to improve the flow of our paperwork fell on deaf ears. One idea I had my supervisor took credit for it. No matter how much I helped out my clients and my coworkers I was never looked at as a positive employee. If you get reprimanded they fail to provide examples and fail to follow up to assist you in improving your performance.

Advice to Management

Talk to your direct care staff. It never felt like you heard what was wrong or why this job was so hard. It was never the client's it was how the agency ignored the direct care staffs' needs. We have a lot of good ideas that will improve many aspects of the agency. Just listen and work with us not for us. We are told to use the client's voice and choice when working with them do the same with the direct care staff. A lot of the "new and improved" implementations made the job harder.

5. "Geared towards short term employment (2-3 years). Be wary of politics"

I have been working at ATCIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good health care benefits. Benefits decrease every few years. Every year the amount of vacation time increases and caps out at 9+ years served (which is actually a substantial amount). Provides progressive mental health services compared to other counties.

Cons

Very political, lots of upper management and easy to be denied other positions. Integral Care does not fully support "healthy living for everyone" regarding it's employees. Can be hard to achieve a work /life balance. Retention rate is low and long term employees are not valued.

Advice to Management

Allow staff to utilize sick time for mental health days, that is important for staff too. Address concerns staff have about their managers and don't brush off the exit interviews. Management who have more power over people should be held accountable at a higher standard.

6. "Positive and Challenging"

I worked at ATCIC full-time

Pros

ATCIC strives to provide a positive work environment for its employees at all levels. Salary is competitive, based on years of experience and licensure.

Cons

ATCIC can be a highly political work environment at the middle management level and above.

""Crisis Services""

Former Employee - LPHA for MCOT in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - LPHA for MCOT in Austin, TX

I worked at ATCIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The diverse population of all ages, demographics and psychiatric illness will provide good experience, especially for a new clinician. However, outside of the New Employee Orientation training held by HR, you will receive little to no training from Team Lead or Program Manager. Benefits are good in terms of PTO and agency contribution towards Health Savings Account. Schedule preferences were routinely granted, making it easier to save PTO (team works on a rotating schedule with different days off each week). If you can establish yourself with the passive-aggressive, catty management, you're likely to promote quickly. Front line staff was a joy to work with!

Cons

United Healthcare Insurance is sub-par, however a high deductible policy is available with no monthly employee contribution. No compensation for licensed clinicians working over 40 hours, although flex time is possible. Team Lead and Program Manager often provided misinformation regarding agency policies and showed questionable clinical judgment at times. The disrespect from management towards employees' boundaries regarding staying past end of shift was remarkable. This agency is not that different from others in terms of shortage in staffing and high workload. However, staff is treated as insignificant and when concerns are raised about the need for work/life balance, the Program Manager referred staff to EAP. What did stand out in comparison to other agencies was the hostility and condescension from management, blatant inconsistencies in expectations (discipline given to one, but not another for the same error), and lack of trust in staff. Management was routinely lacking in their ability to set example of the work ethic they demanded from staff. The punitive measures and utter lack of training by Team Lead and Program Manager is a poor example of leadership and will never be conducive to retaining qualified clinicians. To expect fairly new, unlicensed clinicians to provide training in the field is irresponsible. In my 15 years working for government agencies (10 years of which has been in mental health field), I have experienced a fair share of politics and difficult personalities, but MCOT management lowers the bar. Think twice before working for MCOT or EMCOT.

Advice to Management

Hands on training in the field and with documentation in the first month of start date should be the norm. Utilize the Team Lead for this task, as well as for responding to pages in the field. Respond to staff requests for feedback and implement a structured training timeline with a detailed manual for reference. A good leader wants their staff to excel and knows that hiring clinicians who are qualified, competent and autonomous will only enhance the team and make management look even better. Examine your shocking lack of insight into human behavior and what leadership styles and approaches are truly effective.

"Good organization to work for if you're interested in admin."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I worked at ATCIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ATCIC pays their admin staff well, and there is a bilingual stipend available for some positions. The benefits are good and the majority of the staff are great to work with.

Cons

When I found out what the case managers were making I was appalled. They are definitely underpaid, but that seems to be the case at most places.

Advice to Management

Better pay for direct care staff.

"Difficult and demoralizing"

Pros

Pay for management staff; benefits; Teamwork on the unit level

Cons

There is much more work than can reasonably be completed in a work week. Also a great deal of political intrigue and unnecessary drama among top leaders within the organization.
    Computer software frequently goes down while productivity measures stay the same.

Advice to Management

Management in the Housing arena is excellent however the crisis division and behavioral health division is often in chaos and underperforms.

"IDD Services"

Current Employee - Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at ATCIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Great Managers

Cons

Pay is low but that is typical for IDD services in general. The uppermost management does not understand the needs of their employees.

Advice to Management

Treat the IDD professionals with the same professionalism as the Mental Health professionals. We are all need to be on the same team.