ATEL Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

ATEL Capital Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dean L. Cash

"Easy to work for, very good experience"

Pros

Everyday is different
    coworkers
    compensation
    work-life balance
    Good experience

Cons

Smaller company does not mean quick turn around on requests

Advice to Management

Close the divide

"Poorly run company. Ok if you want a 9-5 job."

Pros

Stable. Very dead-end but ok if you want a 9-5 jobs.

Cons

No culture/structure established. Pay is on the low end and very limited career advancement opportunities. Executives only care about their own pockets instead of rewarding employees that make them there.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. Give meaningful raise/raise instead of pocketing all yourselves. Fix the company’s morale.

"A Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Investor Services Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Investor Services Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATEL is a great place to start if you have any interest in developing a career in finance. I have been at ATEL for nearly 3 years, and since I have worked here, I have received a promotion, along with a salary increase. Within a year and a half, I was promoted from an admin role to a more specialized role which has given me an amazing growth opportunities. I have also been sponsored for the Series 7 and 66. If you are willing to make yourself stand out, and show that you are committed, you will be treated very fairly here. Also, most people at ATEL are affable and overall really nice. Furthermore, the CEO and most of the upper management are really approachable and will be very cordial if you take the time to get to know them. If you have a positive and outgoing personality you most likely excel in this environment.

Cons

There are, however, a few people at ATEL who can be abrupt, grumpy and a bit prickly, which means that you have to be prepared not to take anything personally. When you have a handful of employees that are always in a bad mood, it can really put a damper on the overall company moral, but luckily, most people here have a good sense of humor which balances out the negativity. Individuals who are moody, withdrawn and prone to feeling resentful will not thrive here.

Advice to Management

Try to make the employees you oversee feel more like they are part of a team. Also, some managers could put more effort into making employees feel that their hard work will be rewarded.

"Challenging but Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a definite camaraderie amongst ATEL employees which I feel is built up by HR through the various business and social development programs that they provide. There are a number of great perks offered that I haven’t experienced elsewhere: monthly lunch & learn sessions, casual Friday, weekly breakfast and afternoon treats, free drinks and espresso, team-building events, opportunities to attend luxury sporting events, and other company-sponsored social events.

Cons

The workload and expectations are challenging, and personally I find that to be a plus but it’s not for everyone. ATEL is a privately owned company that built its success on very strict and rigid business strategies that can rub employees the wrong way. Executive Management has very high and sometimes very difficult expectations that often times seem impossible, but nonetheless can be done. That said I push myself harder to produce better results and often surprise myself. This type of work environment isn’t fit for everyone and they tend to complain about a disconnected CEO who flaunts his wealth. To that I would argue that at any other company, they’d be lucky to even meet the CEO much less see him every day. ATEL is a small company and if this doesn’t suit you then try corporate America.

Advice to Management

Talk to employees about progression and growth planning. ATEL is a great company to work for and it would be ideal to have a future path in place.

Feb 10, 2015 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you are enjoying your job, the people and all the company has to offer! I think your comments were very fair and balanced. I agree upper management could do ... More

"Very poor. Executives are jerks and it trickles down throughout the whole company. Stay away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every once in a while the company would pay for lunch.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement. Salary below industry. Poor corporate culture. No raises (all the money goes directly into the executives' pockets.

Advice to Management

Try to treat people with respect. You don't make money without the "little guys". Also try to repair your name. There are too many people in the industry that won't even do business with you anymore because of shady business practices.

Feb 10, 2015 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your response regarding your more than 3 years at ATEL. First off, we do give raises and bonuses to employees that demonstrate through hard work and good work ethic as well as getting ... More

"ATEL is not for people that like a lot of structure, formal environment and hand holding."

Current Employee - ATEL Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - ATEL Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment and culture is engaging, professional yet flexible and often entertaining. I enjoy the versatility of my position and the ability to contribute and interact with other departments. Working at ATEL provides an working balance that is both challenging and rewarding. They provides a lot of perks for employees and offers the opportunity for advancement and professional development for those that show interest and the initiative. I love the people I work with and I am excited to walk into such a modern and attractive office every day.

Cons

ATEL is not for people that like a lot of structure, formal environment and hand holding. The environment is a combination of formal learning and rolling up your sleeves and diving in and coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the cool perks!!!
    Maybe we can do more team building events and company sponsored lunches!!

Jul 24, 2014 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your comments. I agree, ATEL does offer opportunity and advancement as well as salary increases and bonuses for a job well done. As a matter of fact, as far as advancement, I am an ... More

"Bad company, easy job, definition of dead end job"

Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time

Pros

Easy job, not micromanaged, decent health insurance

Cons

No chance at job growth. Never get a meaningful raise, bonus, etc. Could care less about employees. Upper management and Hr run the companies like bullies, which leads to department infighting and bad attitudes.

Advice to Management

Act like you care, offer promotions, don't brag about all the money you make and never give employees raises. Stop all the lies.

Feb 24, 2015 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your comments on your job experience at ATEL. First, we realize it is difficult being in a small satellite location. It is hard from both the Denver employees standpoint and the SF ... More

"Work environment is independent and flexible but the pay is on the low end"

Pros

able to work independent without much supervision

Cons

better compensation and benefits. Clearer communication between departments