ATEL Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Dean L. Cash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work across all other departments and honestly, the people here are great to work with. I have worked here at ATEL for over 13 years now and it’s the relationships and the comradery that I have with my coworkers that keep me here.

I work across various departments and it is notable how everyone is professional and respectful with one another no matter what role.

ATEL offer flexible hours that accommodate my commute or if I have an emergency or a doctor’s appointment.

Managers don’t micromanage your work, you’re treated like a professional.

HR makes sure that you are recognized in one way or another by giving us anniversary gift cards, anniversary baskets, hosting monthly lunch & learns, Fun Friday’s, birthday cakes and happy hours.

Managers actually all pitch in to throw employees an annual Christmas happy hour.

Cons

No job is perfect and its true ATEL may not be for everyone. I see in some of the negative postings on here and feel that maybe some of these employees either took things too personally or did not take the time to build relationships with the people around them.

Advice to Management

Pay increases could be more frequent and better for those that have proven their worth and loyalty.

2. "solid company, good co workers"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good perks and benefits, people are mostly professional and easy to work with, challenging work

Cons

pay and bonuses need improvement, some departments like accounting have too many people

Advice to Management

go to bat for your employees on raises and bonuses

"Great opportunity with an even better team!"

Current Employee - Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great deal of opportunity at ATEL to take on new responsibility and develop your career if you're hardworking and motivated. Several of ATEL's employees have been here for a decade or more, which was something I really appreciated when I was considering coming on board.

The staff at ATEL is great and there is a friendly atmosphere among co-workers across all divisions. HR is amazing, the best HR pro's I've ever worked with, and they do an incredible job with planning surprises every Friday afternoon like cheese spreads and sundae stations. They even hosted a "Smoothie Week" where blenders and provisions were laid out for everyone to make smoothies throughout the day, and the perks don't stop with the kitchen. Management continues to introduce new ways to recognize staff, such as tickets to sporting events and concerts.

I feel like I have an good relationship with my managers, professionally and personally.

Cons

Those that tend to rest on their laurels and "phone it in" stick out like a sore thumb at ATEL, one of the drawbacks of joining a strong team. ATEL isn't a place where you can get away with just punching the clock.

To offer constructive criticism, management could do a better job of recognizing and acknowledging staff performance. We all like hearing we've done a good job!

I am not sure if it was specific to my position or the timing of my hire, but as far as training goes, I was not offered much other than a handbook and the help of my coworkers as I jumped into the fire. I work well in environments like this, but I can see where it would feel overwhelming to not be meticulously walked through your job in the onboarding process.

"Venture Associate"

Current Employee - Venture Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Venture Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital (Less than a year)

Pros

ATEL is a great place to work-- i've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all the people that work here and make up the different roles within the company. Management team is great as well, and as long as you are a hard worker you will be given the benefit of the doubt more often than not, as well as more responsibilities + opportunities to grow.

Great salary, benefits and fun Friday's as well!

Cons

Can be slow some days, but the opportunities to work harder are always there to make the most of everyday and make connections with like minded people.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work up!

"ATEL in 2017"

Current Employee - Executive Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Even though ATEL is a relatively small company, the equipment finance and venture debt businesses are very complicated . As a result the work experience is excellent. Great work/life balance.

Cons

ATEL is a small company and has some of the issues small companies have. The culture is not as well defined as it could be and mobility is not as great as it would be in a larger firm.

Advice to Management

Be even more communicative

"Lots of opportunities to learn and grow"

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time

Pros

Freedom to try new approaches and see to your efforts rewarded. Given responsibility and authority needed to carry out projects. Challenging environment and never boring.

Cons

Although there is on the job training, there are no formal training programs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Poorly run company. Ok if you want a 9-5 job."

Pros

Stable. Very dead-end but ok if you want a 9-5 jobs.

Cons

No culture/structure established. Pay is on the low end and very limited career advancement opportunities. Executives only care about their own pockets instead of rewarding employees that make them there.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. Give meaningful raise/raise instead of pocketing all yourselves. Fix the company’s morale.

"Easy to work for, very good experience"

Pros

Everyday is different
    coworkers
    compensation
    work-life balance
    Good experience

Cons

Smaller company does not mean quick turn around on requests

Advice to Management

Close the divide

"A Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Investor Services Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Investor Services Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATEL is a great place to start if you have any interest in developing a career in finance. I have been at ATEL for nearly 3 years, and since I have worked here, I have received a promotion, along with a salary increase. Within a year and a half, I was promoted from an admin role to a more specialized role which has given me an amazing growth opportunities. I have also been sponsored for the Series 7 and 66. If you are willing to make yourself stand out, and show that you are committed, you will be treated very fairly here. Also, most people at ATEL are affable and overall really nice. Furthermore, the CEO and most of the upper management are really approachable and will be very cordial if you take the time to get to know them. If you have a positive and outgoing personality you most likely excel in this environment.

Cons

There are, however, a few people at ATEL who can be abrupt, grumpy and a bit prickly, which means that you have to be prepared not to take anything personally. When you have a handful of employees that are always in a bad mood, it can really put a damper on the overall company moral, but luckily, most people here have a good sense of humor which balances out the negativity. Individuals who are moody, withdrawn and prone to feeling resentful will not thrive here.

Advice to Management

Try to make the employees you oversee feel more like they are part of a team. Also, some managers could put more effort into making employees feel that their hard work will be rewarded.

"Challenging but Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a definite camaraderie amongst ATEL employees which I feel is built up by HR through the various business and social development programs that they provide. There are a number of great perks offered that I haven’t experienced elsewhere: monthly lunch & learn sessions, casual Friday, weekly breakfast and afternoon treats, free drinks and espresso, team-building events, opportunities to attend luxury sporting events, and other company-sponsored social events.

Cons

The workload and expectations are challenging, and personally I find that to be a plus but it’s not for everyone. ATEL is a privately owned company that built its success on very strict and rigid business strategies that can rub employees the wrong way. Executive Management has very high and sometimes very difficult expectations that often times seem impossible, but nonetheless can be done. That said I push myself harder to produce better results and often surprise myself. This type of work environment isn’t fit for everyone and they tend to complain about a disconnected CEO who flaunts his wealth. To that I would argue that at any other company, they’d be lucky to even meet the CEO much less see him every day. ATEL is a small company and if this doesn’t suit you then try corporate America.

Advice to Management

Talk to employees about progression and growth planning. ATEL is a great company to work for and it would be ideal to have a future path in place.

ATEL Capital Response

Feb 10, 2015 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you are enjoying your job, the people and all the company has to offer! I think your comments were very fair and balanced.

I agree upper management could do... More