ATI Physical Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Dylan Bates

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Maintaining work-life balance becomes difficult if you want to keep yourself safe in term of potential audits (in 14 reviews)

• There can be hectic times at the clinic, but if managed appropriately the quality of care should not suffer for any patient (in 11 reviews)

"Driver"

Former Employee - Driver Part Time in Norridge, IL
    Former Employee - Driver Part Time in Norridge, IL

I worked at ATI Physical Therapy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only was there a short time due to a family issue but found company really great. Can’t go wrong working there.

Cons

No cons I saw
    Paul Stamper

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your going it’s workjng.

2. "Rehabilitation technician"

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

The people in the clinic I work with are amazing. We keep the environment fun but also professional so the patients keep confidence in our ability to treat but also don’t feel like we are robots.

Cons

At times it feels like we are robots with the amount of ltients that each therapist has to see per hour. Patients have a tendency of coming in late and stay longer which carries over into other patients treatment time.

"ATI great starting point to gain exposure into physical therapy field"

Former Employee - Rehab Technician in South Lyon, MI
    Former Employee - Rehab Technician in South Lyon, MI

I worked at ATI Physical Therapy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, very interesting and hands-on work, get to form relationships with patients

Cons

Clinic director has too many responsibilities from time to time, sometimes too many patients in the clinic for clinicians available

"Leading edge"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Director
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Director

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Forward thinking CEO and corp leadership. Excellent CEU and Mentorship program headed by Brett Windsor. This company is positioned for the long haul. It doesn’t hide behind chopped up names, I.e select medical or US PT

Cons

Rapid expansion which we have lived through, private equity pressure. High C-suite turnover which can be felt at the clinic level.

Advice to Management

Dylan keep climbing the mountain. Educate our investors on what makes us great. It’s not about national initiatives, respect the four wall leadership of the local market leaders. Trust what got us here.

"Cash App Specialist"

Former Employee - Cash Applications Specialist in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Cash Applications Specialist in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at ATI Physical Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck that you’ll work hard for and have to put up with all their bs. This place is not worth your time, energy or intelligence.

Cons

Management is horrible, it’s simply do as I say. No one will go to bat for you or back you up even though you’ve given them hundreds of hours of your time so they look good! This place has gone down hill in the past 3 years! There is no employee retention in place and ATI will never retain good employees, all the smart ones leave when they’ve had enough! Every negative review you read is the truth, they treat their employees like crap, with low or no raises!

Advice to Management

Install a revolving door for all those that come and go so quickly! You’ll never be a “Best place to work” organization.

"For Profit means exactly that."

Current Employee - Staff Clinician
    Current Employee - Staff Clinician

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATI hires a vast majority of their therapists straight out of college with no experience, thus providing a first job for many therapists (PT, PTA, ATC)

Cons

New therapists are given no opportunity to negotiate salary, told how to practice, given incentivized goals based solely on the number of patients seen, and often struggle to have positive outcomes with patients due to being overworked. At their best they maintain a happy ignorance to how their licenses are being taken advantage of to bill for an incredible amount of units of physical therapy, with multiple patients seen at the same time being billed for individual units. Often times, the PT’s are unaware that they may be billing fraudulently, but are reassured that “any billing mistakes are taken care of on the back end” -senior HR staff. Generally, one PT may sign off on and co-sign up to 40 notes in one day, sometimes even more. You will always have a partner PTA or ATC, and liability on the therapist is incredible. Now they want to utilize therapists to provide satellite work hardening services while providing PT to patients at the same time. This eliminates the positions of FIRST directors and places even more liability on the PT’s shoulders. Many PT’s have discussed with me their fear of fraudulent billing when they later realize how their licenses were used. Unfortunately, many are awestruck with the proposition of a good paying job with a clean cut business presentation, and don’t realize how this will affect their careers.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your bonuses now, because if a billing audit comes this company’s way, I don’t know how they will cope. Don’t require 4.5 units of PT billed per visit regardless of patient care. More isn’t always better.

7. "Tech"

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are talented, very hard working . They care deeply about the patients.

Cons

It's hard to watch one therapist juggle 3 patients at the same time. The PT's are stressed out and patients are questioning the triple booking

Advice to Management

Is this fixable? I still think ATI's therapists are the best around. The way this company is run (NUMBERS!) is such a turn off to employees and patients. Major PR fixin' is in order!!! I think the CEO cares but unfortunately the investors are in control.

"Overworked, Underpaid, and Under Appreciated"

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide a medbridge subscription for CEUs

Cons

They will give you a CEU allotment but basically never let you use it. They will promise you 1,000 and only follow through with 1. The managers don’t know how to manage, they don’t know how to treat employees. They don’t pay living wages. The 4 core values are all for show and they don’t believe in doing any of them.

Advice to Management

Show some respect to employees. Follow through with what you tell your employees. Don’t leave people out to dry.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Transportation in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Transportation in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Staff and Patients. Atmosphere is terrific in all of the clinics I have worked at.

Cons

Salary could be better for tenured employees.

Advice to Management

None

"Review for Clinic Directors"

Current Employee - Clinical Director
    Current Employee - Clinical Director

I have been working at ATI Physical Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company emotionally invests in its employees and patients. The company seeks to demonstrate their expertise by providing a strong support through their clinical excellence program. There is also many avenues for career development. They also truly value clinician mentoring for new hires (not just new grad).

Cons

It can be slow to hire support staff or other clinicians, however they have recently improved their hiring efficiency. Productivity will always be emhasized, though likely not anymore than competitors. Clinicians are typically asked to expand hours during holiday weeks and sometimes expect clinic directors to work more than 32 hours, despite being entitled to 8 HRs of holiday pay.
    Annual merit raises have been at or only slightly above rates in inflation. Clinical director and staff PT incentive plans seem to be constantly revamped.

Advice to Management

Continue to incentivize your staff and reward those who go above and beyond.