AVI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Buyer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Buyer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ESOP company. Innovative company who really wants to grow so always looking to employees for suggestions on how to improve, giving you a voice. Everyone is very friendly and wants to see you do well. If you work hard there are a lot of opportunities to shine.

Cons

Working from home is not really an option for our department but would be nice from time to time. Not very much training went into new ERP system but they are working on creating documents now

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best and grow this company but make sure you don't loose sight of all the amazing people who work here and their ideas

2. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ranked #4 in US in their industry and fun management

Cons

Service Team is not priced competitively, making it difficult to win deals.

Advice to Management

Have a system to track losses to see how many are based on being overpriced.

3. "AVI Systems is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee owned company!
    Place you can grown and expand your learning.
    Easy going employees and management that care about one another.
    Great 401K/ESOP

Cons

Not many opportunities for someone in shared services to grow in their positions.

4. "Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ESOP employee owned company. 401K with matching contributions. Family friendly.

Cons

High insurance deductibles, not much room for growth.

5. "Great company to work with"

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing Company. Employee Owned. All Departments working together to meet the customer's needs.

Cons

New ERP system approx. a year and half ago. Still working through some issues that slows down the process of getting to the finish line.

"Work that lets you be Creative"

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AVI has been a great place to learn and grow. Hardly no one goes to school for AV, I certainly didn’t; but AVI embraces the fact that we all have different backgrounds. We have former pizza delivery guys excelling at install and now coding. We all clip on our Geek Club cards and dive in. AVI supports learning hands on as well as classroom based industry practice training lead by our own employee owners. If you are willing to dive in, you are welcome at AVI.

Cons

Benefits are lacking, but that is the world today.

Advice to Management

Business no longer runs 8-5 hours. Being strapped to a chair to show presence in the office is not my ideal of a work. Let us be more mobile, we have the technology. 40 hours is old school, let’s get our work done, do it well, and then live our lives.

7. "Proud Owner"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee owned - 100%. It's our company and what we put into it. The leadership is forward thinking. The industry is booming and AVI is standing at the front of the wave. Your career will be what you decide to make of it at AVI. The company is supportive of it's employee owners and their talents. I am proud to work for AVI.

Cons

Growing pains. As with all growing companies staffing and locations can become stretched and talent hard to find.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees informed. Change can be good, sometimes the surprise of it may not be.

8. "What Resourses?"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AVI Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a project manager it started out fairly well.A lot of clients. A few really talented people. Not afraid to spend money.

Cons

Where do I start. A lot of finger-pointing. When the cat is away.... Redundancy forced corner cutting. Unrealistic project timelines. The company had just implemented a company wide CRM system that is very slow. I averaged 200 mouse clicks per day with an average wait time of 10 seconds per click. That is over 30 minutes per day or 12% of my workday. The health benefits favor young single males, not family's so I did not accept their insurance. They are stretched thin across the board and most projects required outsourcing installation technicians, which required supervision. The internal cost estimates for each project are seriously understated as they assume resources are available and they are not. The office that I was in did not follow the company processes and misrepresented services to clients on a regular basis. Did I mention NO RESOURCES?

Advice to Management

An internal audit is recommended. More accountability for regional offices. Better local HR management. I witnessed highly questionable expenses attached to projects. Verify pro support is actually pro support. A shipping/receiving clerk was used as an embedded technician! Invest in resources! PM's cannot deliver their projects with unqualified personnel. Don't sell products and services that cannot be delivered as promised.

9. "Project Developer"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Billings, MT

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee owned which creates an ability to be accountable and hold others to, good training and team atmosphere and an overall focus on improvement.

Cons

Need qualified programmers, installers and technicians as we are heavy on the grow.

Advice to Management

Over communicate

10. "Good"

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Job security is definitely there. If you like to work there is plenty to do to keep the day moving.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.. except perhaps that there is little or no breathing room between jobs. So if a job runs over due to a problem, it can cause an issue with the next install.

Advice to Management

Keep growing! Perhaps add some extra time to jobs to account for those ones that have an issue that need some extra time.