AVI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "What Resourses?"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AVI Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a project manager it started out fairly well.A lot of clients. A few really talented people. Not afraid to spend money.

Cons

Where do I start. A lot of finger-pointing. When the cat is away.... Redundancy forced corner cutting. Unrealistic project timelines. The company had just implemented a company wide CRM system that is very slow. I averaged 200 mouse clicks per day with an average wait time of 10 seconds per click. That is over 30 minutes per day or 12% of my workday. The health benefits favor young single males, not family's so I did not accept their insurance. They are stretched thin across the board and most projects required outsourcing installation technicians, which required supervision. The internal cost estimates for each project are seriously understated as they assume resources are available and they are not. The office that I was in did not follow the company processes and misrepresented services to clients on a regular basis. Did I mention NO RESOURCES?

Advice to Management

An internal audit is recommended. More accountability for regional offices. Better local HR management. I witnessed highly questionable expenses attached to projects. Verify pro support is actually pro support. A shipping/receiving clerk was used as an embedded technician! Invest in resources! PM's cannot deliver their projects with unqualified personnel. Don't sell products and services that cannot be delivered as promised.

2. "Solid company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working here. Interesting approach to health benefits, but financially it worked well. A lot of resources in the company to get the job done.

Cons

Pay was below average and bonus calculation was impossible. It just showed up and there was no way to know what, if any, bonus you would receive.

Advice to Management

Have more transparency in bonus calculation.

"No upward mobility, but pays the bills"

Current Employee - Accounting in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Accounting in Olathe, KS

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ESOP will be a great retirement someday. There are some excellent people who work here. And the industry is fun and exciting.

Cons

Absolutely no training. New ERP system and no one received training. There is no upward mobility. Managers are aging and do not like new ideas. Sales and the corporate office are favored above all else. Very inconsistent.

Advice to Management

You're going to start losing very good people if you don't look around and realize you have young, ambitious employees who want to learn new things.

"good company"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Installation Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good ESOP
    Can consistently improve yourself

Cons

Needs better compensation
    Training could be improved

5. "Could be better"

I have been working at AVI Systems full-time

Pros

Working with the latest technology

Cons

Seems to lack a lot of organization.

"Needs improvement!"

I worked at AVI Systems full-time

Pros

Employee owned, great retirement plan pay is fair.

Cons

Male employees clearly receive favoritism when it comes to promotions. AVI is an "employee owned company" however employees have no say, all shots made by President many times single handed with no input from other executive management or employees. Decent bonus structure but raises are nonexistent. Corporate office employees seem to be favored.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are real owners and give them voting power. Don't give executive office emploees preferential treatment. Do more for the employees and less for yourself. Get control of the offices you have before buying more.