AVID Technical Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Brian Tomasello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you're interested in the industry and a career in recruiting it sounds like a great opportunity for growth" (in 6 reviews)

• "The interview process was pretty quick: had a phone screen and then was asked to come in for an interview and was offered the job a week or so later" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, high demand for performance" (in 7 reviews)

• "No cons in terms of the candidate experience" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Team centered"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Good team of people
    Room to voice constructive opinions
    Always looking to improve employee morale

Cons

There is always room to grow and improve.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open as they have been, it's appreciated more than you know.

2. "Great Company Great People"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am in IT industry for more then 20 years and Avid is one of the best company I ever worked with. Great service, honest, clear and prompt service.

Cons

I hove not found any thing negative to discuss.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to NY area there is a lot of work you guys are missing.

3. "Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

They pay is great. The employees are awesome. Quick responses

Cons

There are non that Incan think of

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are abundant with AVID. If you are looking for work in the IT field this is the company for you t get your foot in the door and your career started.

Cons

I have not experienced any downsides with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the personal touch you have with the recruiters and your company will go far as well as the employees that they come in contact with.

5. "Great Workplace!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team here makes the job easy- everyone works together towards the common goal of success. Solid work-life balance.

Cons

None. Everyone works hard and has fun doing it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing! The transparency and invite culture is key.

6. "Great Environment, Great People, Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at AVID full time and I am so happy that I decided to join this team! The interview process was pretty quick: had a phone screen and then was asked to come in for an interview and was offered the job a week or so later. During the period between being interviewed and after I was given the offer, there was complete transparency and communication between the manager and myself. I really appreciated that since I had another offer on the table and was going through deciding factors. They were nothing but patient and excited for me to join the team - as was I! All in all, it's a great place to get your foot in the door and really grow your skills while being in a friendly and hardworking environment.

This isn't your typical staffing company where it's cut throat and everyone steps all over each other. AVID is a genuine company where everyone is helpful and wants each person to succeed - no games.

Cons

I don't really have any cons except that the recruiting industry can be hard itself. If you're a hard worker, have an open mind and a willingness to learn and accept both success and loss - then this is the place for you. If you can't handle that, then this industry is not what you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the fluid communication between employees and clients!

7. "Great starting point"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Good place to work when you first get out of college, you work with nice people and it teaches you a lot about hard work, diligence, and really sets you up for a career past staffing and recruiting.

Cons

There isn't any opportunity for a career growth. This is true not only at Avid TR but throughout the staffing and recruiting industry. People who are young in their career like to see advancement and career opportunity, and there isn't much opportunity if any to grow here.
    There are long hours, they can pay off because you have uncapped commission, but there is slim to none in regards to working from home, vacation time, any sort of flexibility.
    The benefits here are terrible, no 401K match, you pay a ton and a half for health insurance, no cell phone reimbursement, 10 vacation days. You can find MUCH better benefits elsewhere.
    HUGE turnover at the company between offices being shut down, valuable people being fired, and people quitting on their own. There is a huge turnover in general in the industry but this was surprising.

Advice to Management

The "transparency" at Avid is non-existant. You keep everything behind closed doors . There's a reason why 2017 there was such a huge turnover. Employees like the feel valued, especially after the long hours and hard work they dedicate to Avid.

AVID Technical Resources Response

Jan 2, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate hearing feedback from our employees and former employees. Ultimately, we do pride ourselves with not only being a great place to work straight out of college, but for those with... More

8. "GOT THE OFFER!!!"

Current Employee - Data Entry/Accounts Payable
    Current Employee - Data Entry/Accounts Payable

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING! I was assisted all the way through the process. Constant communication. AVID makes you feel confident about what you have to offer an employer. Helps you get what your worth especially in this economy. A+++++++

Cons

None. I would recommend to all.

Advice to Management

Keep up what your doing. It clearly works.

9. "Great Company, Even Better People"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter & Account Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter & Account Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AVID Technical Resources is a great place to work. Everyone here has the same goal, to find the best candidate for the right job. All of this is based on our ability to listen to our candidates to understand what they want to do, which industry they want to work in, what culture best fits their talent and where they see themselves later on in their career.

Our leadership's dedication to instill AVID's core values of Hard-Work, Dedication, Communication, Honesty, Integrity and Passion really sets all of AVID's employees up for success now and further on in their career.

Cons

Tough Industry is really the only downside but having a work hard play hard mentality is what makes working in a tough industry worth it.

10. "Thanks Avid!"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Avid placed me in a contractor role that eventually went perm. They were great to work with!

Cons

Cant think of any at this time