AVID Technical Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Brian Tomasello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you're interested in the industry and a career in recruiting it sounds like a great opportunity for growth (in 6 reviews)

• Had a wonderful experience going through the interview process with AVID (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • However the industry itself is pretty tough, with long hours and unpredictable results (in 5 reviews)

• No cons in terms of the candidate experience (in 5 reviews)

1. "My Experience Working at AVID"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aside from training me as a recruiter, AVID has been proactive in bettering me as an all-around professional in areas like goal-setting, time-management, individual responsibility and organization.

Cons

This job can be difficult when starting. Learning the technologies and the ins and outs of IT recruiting has been a challenge. It's a tough industry and you have be okay with getting more no's than yes'.

2. "Build Your Career"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited Commission
    Transparent & Approachable Leadership - Open Door Policy
    Travel flexibility (i.e., working from branch offices)
    Opportunity for growth
    Lucrative Networking Opportunities

Cons

The first few months are a real grind. Stick it out, work hard, and you'll be successful.

Advice to Management

Encourage more inter-office communication, and build the AVID culture nationwide.

3. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Avid is very welcoming from day 1 when you walk in the door. They instill confidence in each and every employee. The culture is great, they always have fun friendly competitions going on in the office, and they truly care about each individual. I would highly recommend anyone in the industry to check this company out.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

4. "Helpful and knowledgeable people who tailor opportunities to your interests"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

The employees are respectful, insightful, and invested in their roles to help their clients find new opportunities. They strongly value their clients' needs and updates to ensure the new matches are great fits for all parties involved. From help crafting emails to providing extra resumes for interviews, they handle the bit and small details quite well and in a timely manner.

Cons

I am nitpicking since overall it was great and complaint-free, but there was a tiny mishap involving email templates but was not a big deal at all and has probably already been corrected

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Communication was great thru out my employment. Recruiters were always very responsive to my questions during the interview process as well. Overall a great experience working for Avid. I highly recommend.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

6. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

Of the several recruiting companies who contacted me for this position, my immediate feeling was that there was a real person on the other end of the message who not only understood what the position required and who to search for, but who also cared about my needs and desires. They consistently follow up as promised, and are always ready to help or answer questions. I've worked with a number of recruiters, and AVID's are top notch.

Cons

None in my experience here.

7. "Good place to Start"

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Lots of dedicated hard working people who want to help you find success

Cons

It's a recruiting tech firm - and there's always cons to recruiting

8. "Great leadership"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A true team oriented environment, collaboration is highly encouraged. Management truly cares about well being of employees and their personal goals.

Cons

IT Staffing can be unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work $$

9. "Great people, environment and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are what makes AVID what it is. Transitioning into a new position and industry can be overwhelming but my co-workers have made it fairly painless. It's a very lucrative industry and I find it awesome that the company is so progressive in their thinking.

Cons

I don't really have any cons about the company itself. However the industry itself is pretty tough, with long hours and unpredictable results. However i knew these facts when I accepted the offer.

Advice to Management

Management here is awesome, always pushing the team with competitions and keeping everything in order. They are also super open to hearing about new ideas in order to stay ahead of the competition, which is refreshing. Keep it up!

10. "Developer"

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

They really take the time to know what the candidate wants and they look for that type of position. They guide the individual through the process very effectively. Really like the individual attention and process with them
    I definitely felt they were spot on with my search criteria and they were always there for me.

Cons

None come to my mind at this time.