AVID Technical Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2018

4.8
Brian Tomasello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you're interested in the industry and a career in recruiting it sounds like a great opportunity for growth" (in 6 reviews)

• "Recruiter guided me throughout the entire hiring process - making each step as easy and comfortable as it could be" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of" (in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours, high demand for performance" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Enjoyable place to work"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AVID holds standards of being a staffing firm. They do quality work with quality candidates.

Coworkers are all friendly and here to help eachother

The environment, including people, is very welcoming. Friendly competition is fun. The encouragement goes a long way.

No one is breathing down my neck and no one is micromanaging me.

Cons

I wish training was more technical (since we deal with very technical positions and candidates). Also, we have some great sales people, so I wish we had more thorough sales training (it is definitely an art/skill, so let's build it). People get better in time, but specific training would make the learning process faster.

Need a little better communication of the roles and companies between account managers and recruiters.

Advice to Management

Set a stronger habit of account managers giving the most thorough description possible on a position to the recruiters in person and digitally. It's hard to sell something when you don't know all of the details.

More technical training and sales training would go a long way.

2. "Great place to learn with even better people to learn from"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team centered
    Great culture/values
    Open communication
    Growth opportunity
    Learning opportunities

Cons

Nothing to comment on

Advice to Management

The open lines of communication and comfortable environment that have been created in this company are what every company should be shriving for, don't stop doing what you're doing!

3. "Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-President is 10 paces from my desk and always willing to listen
    -Very open and understanding environment
    -No fluff when starting, within a week or less you are actually doing the job
    -Respected as a peer even though I haven't been there long
    -A healthy competitive environment
    -Work hard/play hard environment
    -You learn a lot not only in recruiting but in the IT & Tech realm as well
    -The job is fast-paced and exciting, especially when succeeding

Cons

-Some of the initial metrics I think are slightly unrealistic (but as stated above, there is a very understanding culture and if you feel you are putting in hard work management believes you)
    -Not all avenues used to reach candidates are tracked
    -Very rarely there can be a disconnect between AMs and Recruiters (but is often resolved as quickly as it came up)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the environment and culture here is awesome.

4. "Team centered"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Good team of people
    Room to voice constructive opinions
    Always looking to improve employee morale

Cons

There is always room to grow and improve.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open as they have been, it's appreciated more than you know.

5. "Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

They pay is great. The employees are awesome. Quick responses

Cons

There are non that Incan think of

6. "Great Company Great People"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am in IT industry for more then 20 years and Avid is one of the best company I ever worked with. Great service, honest, clear and prompt service.

Cons

I hove not found any thing negative to discuss.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to NY area there is a lot of work you guys are missing.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are abundant with AVID. If you are looking for work in the IT field this is the company for you t get your foot in the door and your career started.

Cons

I have not experienced any downsides with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the personal touch you have with the recruiters and your company will go far as well as the employees that they come in contact with.

8. "Great Workplace!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team here makes the job easy- everyone works together towards the common goal of success. Solid work-life balance.

Cons

None. Everyone works hard and has fun doing it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing! The transparency and invite culture is key.

9. "Great Environment, Great People, Great Place to Learn"

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at AVID full time and I am so happy that I decided to join this team! The interview process was pretty quick: had a phone screen and then was asked to come in for an interview and was offered the job a week or so later. During the period between being interviewed and after I was given the offer, there was complete transparency and communication between the manager and myself. I really appreciated that since I had another offer on the table and was going through deciding factors. They were nothing but patient and excited for me to join the team - as was I! All in all, it's a great place to get your foot in the door and really grow your skills while being in a friendly and hardworking environment.

This isn't your typical staffing company where it's cut throat and everyone steps all over each other. AVID is a genuine company where everyone is helpful and wants each person to succeed - no games.

Cons

I don't really have any cons except that the recruiting industry can be hard itself. If you're a hard worker, have an open mind and a willingness to learn and accept both success and loss - then this is the place for you. If you can't handle that, then this industry is not what you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the fluid communication between employees and clients!

10. "Great starting point"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Good place to work when you first get out of college, you work with nice people and it teaches you a lot about hard work, diligence, and really sets you up for a career past staffing and recruiting.

Cons

There isn't any opportunity for a career growth. This is true not only at Avid TR but throughout the staffing and recruiting industry. People who are young in their career like to see advancement and career opportunity, and there isn't much opportunity if any to grow here.
    There are long hours, they can pay off because you have uncapped commission, but there is slim to none in regards to working from home, vacation time, any sort of flexibility.
    The benefits here are terrible, no 401K match, you pay a ton and a half for health insurance, no cell phone reimbursement, 10 vacation days. You can find MUCH better benefits elsewhere.
    HUGE turnover at the company between offices being shut down, valuable people being fired, and people quitting on their own. There is a huge turnover in general in the industry but this was surprising.

Advice to Management

The "transparency" at Avid is non-existant. You keep everything behind closed doors . There's a reason why 2017 there was such a huge turnover. Employees like the feel valued, especially after the long hours and hard work they dedicate to Avid.

AVID Technical Resources Response

Jan 2, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate hearing feedback from our employees and former employees. Ultimately, we do pride ourselves with not only being a great place to work straight out of college, but for those with... More