AWP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
John P. Sypek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working outdoors and getting a tan (in 6 reviews)

• Hey to work at different locations and change of scenery (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They make you start part time so they dont have to offer benefits (in 8 reviews)

• And lastly, no benefits whatsoever (in 8 reviews)

1. "Favoritism"

I have been working at AWP full-time

Pros

Good pay if hours are given

Cons

Favoritism for certain employees hours are given to favorites while others don't see any hours for the week....

Advice to Management

Change management

2. "School Bus Driver and Fueler"

Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Waco, TX

I have been working at AWP part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like driving (any vehicle) and I love children.

Cons

Mis-management, constant disarray among office staff and drivers. And lastly, no benefits whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Report for re-training immediately!

3. "No restroom breaks"

Former Employee - Flagger in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Flagger in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at AWP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing about this company is good in any way!

Cons

Everything!!! They did not train me on what I would actually be doing on my job. You don't know if you will work the next day until 8pm the night before. During training the trainer told me that if I needed to pee that I would either have to go next to the truck yes outside in front of everyone or if there are woods to go in them and then if it was that time of the month to keep a ziplock baggy to keep them in. He even said that some women have wore adult diapers to work in due to lack of access to a bathroom. Long days with zero breaks at all. You have to eat your lunch standing there with the sign. You don't know when you will get off work. Sometimes you work 16 hour days 7 days in a row. They do not care. They will tell you about a mandatory meeting 2 hours before you have to be there and will get wrote up or fired for not being there but you must give at least 2 days notice if you will not be able to work. In training the trainer said that he doesn't know when benefits kick in if we even get any. Usually companies will say after 90 days. Nope not with them. Horrible company!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings. Have hygiene standards!!!!!!! Retrain everyone!!!

4. "Ok"

Pros

Hey to work at different locations and change of scenery

Cons

You don't know where or when you are working till 9pm the night befor

Advice to Management

Relise your employees have a life outside of work

5. "Good job, until you find a job."

Former Employee - Traffic Control Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Traffic Control Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AWP full-time

Pros

Employment, paycheck, not minimum wage.

Cons

The training they provide is NOT what they want actually want you to do in the field. Nepotism is rampant. Wrecking of company vehicle without consequence. Because mother is supervisor. Inconsistent adherence to company policy, when it benefits company. Overall, pay check until you can find a real job.

Advice to Management

Find good employees and keep them. Not supervisors and management that only want to fill shoes. Major problem when you promoting numerous people within a week of employment.

6. "Driver/ lead Flagger"

Current Employee - Driver in Wake Forest, NC
    Current Employee - Driver in Wake Forest, NC

I have been working at AWP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If that is the only job you can get and you are about to starve, and 2 weeks from being homeless.

Cons

Lets see, they make you pay for $30 for your orientation. They make you start part time so they dont have to offer benefits. They start you at $10.50 no matter how much experience you have . You will never get a 40 hour week. They pick their favorites and they get the good jobs. They majority of the prodject managers are stupid little kids with a cocky attitude that has never been in manamement before. You never get your work order for the next day until 10 pm the nite before even though the job requires you to get up at 3 am to be on time. And when you do get the position of driver .....you will get no money extra no extra hours. And then you are on call every weekend but no extra money for on call pay. They want you to sit by the phone all weekend . And dont even think of dropping off the trash at the dump when you go by it on your way to work....thats not allowed either. YES I AM AN EMPLOYEE IN WAKE FOREST NC, AND I WILL FIND ANOTHER JOB ....MCDONALDS WOULD BE ALOT BETTER THAN THIS .....I AM DROP DEAD SERIOUS!!!!THIS COMPANY DOES NOT SARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT ITSELF. THEY WILL NOT LIFT A FINGER TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY. THE BEST THING YOU COULD DO IS NOT COME TO WORK HERE!!ITS THE 2ND BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. Oh and by the way.....they give you a Tablet to use so you can do everything electronic. ...they spy on you through the camera on it during they day....they call that an Unaware Evaluation.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like slaves and start treating them like the asset they are, AND STOP ALL THE LIEING TO US JUST TO GET US TO DO WHAT YOU WANT.

7. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at AWP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are None. Waste of time.

Cons

Everything. You do not get paid for all the time you give to them. You stand in Very hot sun..Its Bad!!

Advice to Management

Get drivers who can stay awake when they drive. Give employees water so they don't pass out.

8. "Terrible management"

I have been working at AWP part-time

Pros

Atssa cert and first aid / cpr

Cons

Everything else involving the company

9. "Traffic Control Specialist"

Former Employee - Traffic Control Specialist in Wake Forest, NC
    Former Employee - Traffic Control Specialist in Wake Forest, NC

I worked at AWP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work in different locations with different crews very frequently

Cons

Office personnel are VERY unorganized. Company makes offers and promises and never follows through. Too much disagreement over hours worked and drive time causing severe pay discrepencies

Advice to Management

Only hire former "flaggers" and employees who had to work their way up to management so they know what the TCS on the road in the work zones are going through. Actually follow through with the open door policy you claim to have. Listen to your employees and try to help solve whatever their problem may be.

10. "I might try again!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I worked at AWP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of hours if you want them! Not hard at all!

Cons

Management sucks from top to bottom! No benefits, no paid vacations. They really don't want you to have any days off. Part time job, but full time hours!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you would like to be treated!