KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 62 of over 67 reviews

3.8
AWeber Founder & CEO Tom Kulzer
Tom Kulzer
Pros
  • "Did I forget to mention free lunch every day(in 24 reviews)

• "Team members were always positive and wiling to work across departments to solve problems(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I wish there was a dedicated work from home program(in 8 reviews)

• "Decent amount of legacy technical debt built up in systems, that isn't being paid down fast enough(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great remote place to work

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting remote work with a team environment. Lots of opportunity to work on cool projects. Assistance from your peers is almost always available. Good internal documentation to help you be successful in your role.

Cons

Remote work isn't for everyone, but if you are able to be a self starter and you're not afraid to ask questions, you can do very well.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love it!

Jun 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in Chalfont, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great, largely modern tech stack with a positive outlook for the foreseeable future. Includes some current experimentation/research and plans for more. - Supported to grow and flourish professionally. I've outgrown my role a number of times. Each time, I was supported from within to take on a new role without having to leave the company. - I work _with_ people, not _for_ people.

Cons

- Any issue I've had while working here was able to be resolved or mediated after a discussion.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Focused on a healthy happy team

Apr 20, 2021 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really appreciate that AWeber made the decision early to go remote first. I knew where we stood as an organization and I could start planning rather than being stuck in the unknown. I'm still getting used to remote work but I feel more productive and connected to my work and my family. AWeber gave me all the tools to work remotely even going above and beyond for new desks and internet stipend. Overall the team is getting used to remote work and I feel each day we're getting better and more connected. I also realize that we're still in the middle of a pandemic so today is not truly representative of what remote work will be like in the future.

Cons

Remote work is not for everyone. Some people will leave in search of an office or hybrid situation, now or in the not too distant future. If you're looking for remote work, with an organization that might not have it all 100% dialed in but is willing to learn this is the place for you.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

great

Mar 10, 2021 - Software Developer in Boca, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and great management

Cons

low pay and open nepotism

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Nov 10, 2020 - Customer Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s really fun and chill environment to work in I LOVE it

Cons

There’s really no cons I can think of

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Smoke and mirrors

Oct 25, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great benefits like 100% paid health and dental for you and your family, free lunch everyday, and time off for volunteering. Overall the HR team does their best with the budget they are given to create the best atmosphere they can. There are happy hours (in the office and after work hours), scheduled contests like chili cook offs and cookie bake offs, and weird weekend events that are more for children than adults. Depending on your team, work/life balance is pretty much there but there is always looming guilt from some of those in leadership.

Cons

There is a lot of turn over within this company, the most I have ever seen in my career. Some people are lifers with company and most of them are comfortable and not hard working. Huge lack of diversity. Although they have somehow won diversity awards, the company is clearly, mostly, white men. It’s pretty hard to deny it when there is only one woman within your leadership team. A general lack of trust when it comes to leadership. The C-suite runs the company and rarely trusts their managers to actually manage. Reviews are passed through the CPO who has final say on any ratings and feedback. If you make one misstep from her perspective, she will be sure that it is noted and docked in your review. Reviews are pointless anyway because increases are nonexistent unless you are promoted. There is a lack of future growth for employees at AWeber. It’s very hard to actually map out a path forward. There is no drive for managers and leadership to help their employees to get to the next step. This explains the mad rush to get out of there.

9 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very Cool Office

Jun 9, 2019 - B2B Sales Specialist in Chalfont, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office is like a Google environment with shared open spaces, game rooms, free lunch everyday! Nice co-workers when I was there, great product.

Cons

Sales role was mostly inside sales, cold calling

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Spread too thin

Jun 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing health, dental, and vision benefits. Free Lunches. Genuinely caring individuals who want you to succeed.

Cons

Management is just terrible. Many people are sighting the CEO as the main perpetrator of having his hands in too many pots, but due to high turn over, this is true of many of the senior/managerial staff. Senior staff is constantly forced to take on work from other departments and end up spreading themselves too thin. However, no one will say that this is an issue. It's simply expected. This "Spreading thin" of senior, high-level, and managerial staff cause problems for those underneath, myself included. For months straight (at one point 4 months straight) I would have one-on-ones canceled due to my manager simply not having the time in their schedule, then they were no longer my manager, but were still in charge of my placement at the company. So, in short, a manager who didn't have time for me in the first place switched his role to not be my manager but was still in control of my future. Perfect. There is a genuine sense that people want others to do well and succeed, but don't expect even a guiding hand; no one has time for it. Oh and don't expect management to be understanding to this. They clearly care more about looking the part of a Silicon Valley company than about how the work gets done.

10 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Left and came back

Jan 7, 2019 - Marketing Communications Manager in Chalfont, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

After working at AWeber for a few year, I left the company to pursue another career opportunity, in hopes of advancing in my career. That opportunity didn't turn out as expected, and I was fortunate enough to return to AWeber - and I'm so glad I did! Since returning, AWeber was named best tech culture in Philadelphia, and ranked in the top 10 best places to work in Pennsylvania back to back. It's truly a remarkable place to work. Of course the benefits are fantastic (free lunch, 100% paid for health insurance, etc.), but more importantly the culture is so unique. Every team member lives and breathes the core values of the company. They respect one another. They are open and honest with each other. They discourage negative behaviors like pairing and back-biting. They encourage ownership and accountability.

Cons

Working at AWeber is not for everyone. It's a fast-paced environment with high expectations. But that's what I love about it. It really challenges you to push yourself and achieve great things.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Lots of opportunities for those who take advantage of them!

Dec 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of opportunities to explore passions (even those outside of your official job description). Even though I'm not on the product team, I can go to the Director of Product or any of our Product Managers to give feedback/ feature suggestions and I genuinely feel as though my opinion matters. -The people! We have amazing coworkers who are extremely talented and passionate about what they do. As someone who is early in my career, there is SO much that I've been able to learn from my colleagues (both in my department and in other departments). -Culture - we have a great culture at AWeber which seems to only be getting better! From monthly happy hours, breakfasts, themed days (PJ day), celebrating more holidays, champagne for company milestones, etc - it's been a lot of fun working here! -Benefits - we have really great benefits from 100% paid medical/ dental/ vision, we accrue our PTO at a much faster rate now, a 4 week paid sabbatical, etc - I've definitely been happy with our benefits offering! Did I forget to mention free lunch every day?!

Cons

I've thought about this a lot recently. If I was asked about any cons a year ago, I probably could have thought of one or two, but I think AWeber has developed and improved (from a product/ process sense) greatly over the past year so I can't think of any cons at the moment. I will say, our environment is highly collaborative. You are expected to have opinions, voice those opinions, and continue to develop your expertise. AWeber is not the best environment for someone who likes to isolate themselves or who likes to be involved in office politics.

AWeber Response

Sr. Recruiter

Thanks so much for the feedback! Team member feedback is a huge deal to us, and we strive to make AWeber the best environment possible with that feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews