AXA Advisors Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

4.4
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 18 reviews)

• If you have a large family with lots of money you can sell annuities too then you can make a lot of money (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Lying to clients, friends and family that trusts you (in 22 reviews)

• No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

1. "Great place to build a business...."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at AXA for a little over 4 years. AXA has great leadership and wonderful people to work with. I love how passionate people are about helping people. They also don't require you to only use their products and investments, offering a broad range of options to truly make sure your clients needs are met. It also offers the ability to make your own hours, so if you need to take off for a family vacation a day early, go for it!

Cons

With that freedom of time comes a lot of discipline. You definitely have to be self-disciplined to make it in the financial services industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Financial Professional"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to set your own schedule which can be a blessing and a curse. There is also the ability to make as much as you want.

Cons

Although you can make as much as you want, you will have to sell primarily life insurance or annuities or you will not make enough money. They give you the idea that you will be able to use any product, but after a certain time period you will have to sell proprietary products to be eligible for benefits. They also charge you a lot to work here, and offer 0 base pay.

Advice to Management

Let the job applicants know that they will be life insurance sales people up front, and that they will pay significant fees to work here.

3. "Financial Review"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Taught sales techniques
    Descent products
    High income opportunity

Cons

Recruiters mislead on realistic compensation
    AXA compliance is so restrictive that there is 10 times more that you CANNOT do than can.
    They drive captive products even though they tout access to everything
    You NEED to have a strong natural market to get in this business with AXA

Advice to Management

Quit the whole ivory tower appearance BS.
    Help incoming advisors find their niche, even if it is not an equitable product

4. "High-quality people work here!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I've been with AXA for 7 years as a financial advisor. I am always approached by other companies looking to hire someone with my years of experience - I tell them that I'm with AXA because of the people I work with, and I always will be. Our people have a level of character and commitment you don't always find with financial services.

Cons

Wish our corporate branding was better!!

5. "Great Company with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started at AXA out of college and I don't know of a better financial company with better training and a better offering for people new in the business. Compared with other financial companies the payouts and open architecture really stands out.

Cons

Income can fluctuate once you are off salary, but I was expecting that and quite frankly why I got in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the high quality of training that makes an AXA Financial Professional stick out from the crowd. Also, keep offering more tenured advisors opportunities to be involved, committed, and incentivized.

6. "Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard and you will get rewarded and recognized, example: your income will be a reflection of your hard work. Everyday is different and it is a fast pace environment. On top of that, the office culture is top notch.

Cons

You have to be motivated, determined and dedicated to your work in order to success.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job training their advisors to be top of the class. Very hands on trainings and in-depth!

7. "Financial Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Outstanding business professional atmosphere. The associates and staff are extremely knowledgeable and I am proud to be associated with such a dynamic team.

Cons

This industry is best compared to a marathon not a sprint. The sooner you invest your time and energy to being successful the sooner your will feel the rewards in your profession.

Advice to Management

Your ongoing support and knowledge is powerful and makes a direct impact on new Financial Professionals

8. "Sales administrative"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AXA Advisors was one of the best companies I have worked for, ever! They follow strict compliance regulations. Very professional with many resources to complete your job duties. Friendly upbeat atmosphere was a plus!

Cons

Due to the nature of the type of business AXA is in the job can be quite stressful. And since there were so many regulations, it sometimes made the job quite difficult to perform.

Advice to Management

My advice to manangment is to have a training manual and a training coordinator. Employees with my job title wee just thrown in to the wolves.

"You need to know a lot of people to make good money"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is not a Job, you are are business owner. with all the pros and Cons that will come with that. This is a very challenging Job. It helps if you have a strong natural market, i didn't really know anyone so it was very challenging. I've been here for about a year and I work a lot to stay working here. I averaged around 60 hours per week. The pay is good if you can get a lot of clients 30% bonus on top of your PCS. My gross my first year was about 37k minus expenses that more like 31k. be ready to have at least a year of savings before you start, usually it wont pay anything significant in 6 months.

Cons

my expenses were high since once you contract you pay 85 for the tech package, all your marketing, E/O insurance (250) gas and remaining expenses i averaged about 560 per month. Once you become more established you pay for more stuff, like share the staff salaries, cube space and other things. That will depend on the development of each advisor.

10. "Is what you want to make it and how hard your gonna work"

Current Employee - Advisor in Aledo, TX
    Current Employee - Advisor in Aledo, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Really is what you make it. Don't think their is another company that can match the early sales training.

Cons

Gotta get used to people leaving, but typical in this business. Costs to work their are pretty high once your over 5 years in (E class).

Advice to Management

Care about more than the top 1% performers.