AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 18 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 22 reviews)

• No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For those looking for a career and not a job, this is the place. It is a very rewarding career because you feel meaningful and relevant in your client's lives. Every day you are helping clients solidify their financial household by helping them retire, sending their kids to college, and helping them during tough times in their life.
    High performing people can make an above average income of $100,000+ and the best advisors make multiples of that.
    Co-workers are great and extremely helpful. The management team is caring and work more like your partner than a manager.
    For new advisors training is consistent and very helpful in launching your practice.
    Benefits are great compared to other companies, and I know the benefits are great because we work with benefit programs from our clients and other companies that we work with. There is no comparison.
    Also you are able to work flexible hours.

Cons

Early on it can be a lot of hours in the first few years. However you are able to have a flexible schedule which helps in maintaining your personal life. As your practice evolves the hours become much less though. Some experienced advisors truly work a part time schedule once their practice is built.
    If you are not licensed already, you need to become licensed to work in the financial industry. AXA sponsors you and helps you prepare for the necessary exams. If you are committed to the studying process, it should only take 45-60 days. Those 45-60 days are a small price to pay compared to other professional fields like becoming a doctor or an attorney, which require multiple years of schooling and similar exams to enter into their fields.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive of the advisors and clients.
    Keep the hard work and fun culture that is present in the office.

"Extremely Happy. Give it what you got. It will give back more!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AXA training has been detailed and empowering. I am an entrepreneurial minded person and this firm has given me every tool and resource to help me make my dreams come true. The leadership has been phenomenal. They challenge and encourage you beyond what you thought you could do. The team environment is supportive and encouraging as well. Everyday I get the chance to help people! There is a flexible schedule and the compensation is great. I came in with eyes wide open and I have not been disappointed

Cons

The industry in general is a tough field. After interview many places I went with AXA because I felt they were honest with me about what to expect and their retention rates are crushing the industry average. I knew to be successful I had to learn from the best and have the best training.

"Great career"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. In depth training
    2. When starting out, managers assist in running meetings
    3. Ability to have a great career

Cons

1. Without hard work it will take time to be successful

4. "Best career I could ever have"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Entire organization is supportive and committed to bettering the lives of their employees. You are able to grow and further your career without being micromanaged but always have the help and guidance that you need. Benefits are top of the line.

Cons

Much of the leg work must be done in the first 3-5 years but for committed and motivated people this won't be an issue!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support. The best managers I could ask for.

"Experience as an AXA Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible amount of support and trainings from management to make a difficult career as simple as possible when first starting out. Plenty of opportunities to make as much income as you want and management gives you all the tools necessary to be successful. There's a great office dynamic and your hard work never goes unnoticed.

Cons

At the beginning of your career you need to work many nights to build your book of business and you'll have to deal with a lot of failure initially. This is not a typical 9-5 job, however, sticking with it can be extremely rewarding.

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

At AXA Advisors you work in a very challenging yet rewarding industry. You are surrounding by a team of managers who are involved daily with your training and are always willing to assist with whatever it takes to help you become successful. The unlimited income potential is there for those willing to make the necessary commitment of time to achieve this goal. And the other benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Although may not be a con, must be willing to devout majority of time ( days, evenings, weekends) to building your practice; not an easy task, however if willing to make the necessary sacrifices you will be greatly rewarded.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not alone in anything you do. AXA won't just make you an employee and throw you to the wolves. They have a great training program and we all work as a team. Not to mention the great atmosphere in the office. Managers are great, with training and help with case prep, I couldn't ask for much more. Great group of people in the office make it a nice place to come into every and they are like a second family

Cons

It takes a couple months to start up with little pay so if you can manage that, the benefits that follow are great.

Advice to Management

Management can keep doing what they're doing. Here in Erie we have a couple of the top managers in the country so it's nice to have some valuable resources to go to for anything.

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is definitely a difficult career, however, I have worked at multiple firms and AXA truly gives you the best possible chance to succeed. They offer a tremendous amount of support and the training is far superior to any other firm I've seen. It's a tough career to get started in, and it does take true hard work. But if you make it, the lifestyle is second to none.

Cons

LIke I said above, it is difficult in the first few years (as is any type of start-up business). You have to be willing to put in the hard work and their will certainly be missed cases/cancelled meetings, etc. It's not a job you can do the minimum and succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture is awesome at the office. Couldn't think of a better place to work or with a better group of people.

"Only if you can afford a pricey internship"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

Teaches you a great work ethic, perhaps even to an extremity. Everything is a personal investment of your own. Teaches you to get comfortable with cold calling which is a great thing to get comfortable with.

Cons

You will most likely not close a deal for at least 3 months, underwriting is a Very slow process in most cases.
    Every person I started with that left owed at least 2k to the company when they left, for me, it was about 5x that amount and I struggled financially while I was there.
    Many people are tired of being called by them but you do get lucky. You'll probably have some success if you are comfortable selling to people you know.

10. "Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Straight commission, the "contracting" process is more subjective than objective...not only do you have to produce a certain amount, but management has to deem you worthy of "contracting" through subjective measures. Cold calling sucks, you basically con people into meeting with you.

Advice to Management

Be more straightforward in the interview process about what you're running - a pyramid scheme. The senior advisors rely on the junior advisors to toss business their way so they can make money off other people's relationships when it doesn't work both ways. Also don't lead people to believe they'll make more money than they actually will or get paid more than they actually will during the time before "contracting".