AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money doing very good work by working for AXA (in 18 reviews)

• entrepreneurial, if you want to make a lot you can (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours with a lot of sales training (in 40 reviews)

1. "11 Months of Waiting On Them"

Pros

Seem like nice people, but really there are no pros. Worst hiring process I've ever seen.

Cons

Terrible communication skills. Don't give you all the information you need for taking the Series 7. Suggest unhelpful and even harmful ways of studying. Dragged my husband along for 11 months. What do single people do right out of college if they don't actually pay them anything until they pass the test? They drag this proccess out and string you along for way too long. How do they expect you to support yourself while you are waiting on them to process all your paperwork and get you a test date. This was the most frustrating hiring process I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Pay your "employees" while they study for the Series 7. Put them to work at least selling Health insurance. That's how most other companies do it. Also, get your secretaries to do their idiot jobs.

"Most of these reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren’t really any, I suppose flexible schedule and learning about a company you don’t want to be apart of

Cons

Too many to list, most of the reviews here on glass door are from managers and current employees that were told by their managers to give good reviews. Why? Because the managers live off of churning new employees because they receive hiring bonuses and overrides on your sales. It is just your normal pyramid scheme, the company locks your clients into long contracts, makes you pay for everything yourself, and then tries to bill you for things you shouldn’t have to pay for when you leave. Company won’t be around much longer, other than a life lesson you won’t gain much from working here other than maybe a stepping stone to a real financial services company. Most of the guys that work here have no idea about financial planning and are really just insurance salesman. It’s is very rare you will find a portfolio built by an Axa advisor that will outperform the market. Take my advice, and instead of learning the hard way like I did, wait for a better opportunity.

Advice to Management

If you worried about your employees as much as you did about cutting costs and your bottom line, everyone would thrive. Instead this is a dwindling company with a terrible reputation that thrives on feeding on the time and energy of new employees into the work force.

3. "Used car salesman selling financial products"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbury, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits. If you can produce enough to afford them and have 100k saved up to back yourself.

Cons

Going into the office and dealing with people who could care less about your success.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring.

4. "A good place to start"

Former Employee - Registered Representative in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Registered Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AXA Equitable is a great company A solid company that takes care of the shareholders and is profitable. I have visited headquarters in Charlotte and a few other AXA Advisor locations in the nation and have been very impressed with the people ... The proprietary products are great in the industry, I still sell them.

Cons

As I said, AXA Equitable is a great company... AXA Advisors in Oakbrook IL... not so much. There is some negativity in the culture of the office. I've heard that once you are out of training and your manager is less interested in you because they no longer make as much off of your production. I was never that way since I was very independent I could fend for myself. Yet, I met a lot of great people that came through the company in my time there, but none of them stayed and neither did I. The culture is not what they claim it to be. The Staff is not friendly, some say they are probably paid just enough not to quit, and take it out on new people. They promote joint work to teach you how to do the business and when you quit they just got 30 new client, your mom and dad, sisters and brothers and all you relatives and friends, at least you know they own some great financial products and solid life insurance. On that note: I mentioned the proprietary products are great in the industry, and they claim to have open architecture, unfortunately I was reprimanded a few times when I sold away, even if it was the right thing to do for the client. I wonder why?

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about how you recruit and the promises you make, try to make the Oak Brook Office more pleasant like the Deerfield office tries to be. Focus Less on the churning of new hires and more on the learning for new hires. Take note of my comments and why I left, make the changes so you can keep committed successful individuals show some loyalty and have senior reps pay it forward not take, take, take... and justify it by calling joint work on the job training.

5. "worst"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

none not good to join

Cons

worst company to join ever

6. "Financial Consultant"

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

they will hire almost anyone

Cons

Its a recruiting business that sells life insurance.

Advice to Management

stop hiring new people like we aren't humans.

you are hurting everyone there by focusing on recruiting rather than actually developing advisors. Its a recruiting business that sells life insurance.

7. "AXA is a very grayarea company"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of enthusiastic wannabe boiler room entry level employees

Cons

The products and selling strategy would be frowned upon by the SEC and Department of insurance.

8. "Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is definitely good career growth potential if new employees are trained properly. Great line of work for well connected , self motivated, and self starters

Cons

The company needs to spend more time training new employees. Management should focus more on growing employees and focus less on bringing clients in by any means necessary.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training new employees

9. "make a fast buck"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

once you get on contract (you spend the first 6 to 9 months 'pre-contract' and make zero money), there is an excellent opportunity to make money by partnering with senior agents

Cons

branch management is not good, push proprietary products way to much, and if you make it past your 3rd year in business, you are pretty much discarded by management as overrides on your production drop to the point that they have no interest in you any longer.

Advice to Management

to corporate management: get rid of branch EVPs and revamp how branches operate and report. also, initiate a training wage for the first 6 to 9 months.

"Former Financial Consultant"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a large family with lots of money you can sell annuities too then you can make a lot of money. Just make sure they actually know what they are getting into.

Cons

The Empire which consists of Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse clearly told all of their employees to come on and write good reviews since the company was getting bashed so much. The managers need good reviews on here because that's the only way they can bring new people in.

They don't truly make you aware of what your getting into and all the costs associated with working there. They tell you you're a "Comprehensive Financial Planner" but your just an annuity sales person. They hire anyone and would love to sell your family and friends Annuities. in reality you won't last longer than 2 years at the most then they get your family as clients when your done.

Advice to Management

Quit churning and burning employees. Hire for the right reasons, and do what's actually best for the client.