AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 18 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 22 reviews)

• No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

1. "Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Straight commission, the "contracting" process is more subjective than objective...not only do you have to produce a certain amount, but management has to deem you worthy of "contracting" through subjective measures. Cold calling sucks, you basically con people into meeting with you.

Advice to Management

Be more straightforward in the interview process about what you're running - a pyramid scheme. The senior advisors rely on the junior advisors to toss business their way so they can make money off other people's relationships when it doesn't work both ways. Also don't lead people to believe they'll make more money than they actually will or get paid more than they actually will during the time before "contracting".

2. "Best career I could ever have"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Entire organization is supportive and committed to bettering the lives of their employees. You are able to grow and further your career without being micromanaged but always have the help and guidance that you need. Benefits are top of the line.

Cons

Much of the leg work must be done in the first 3-5 years but for committed and motivated people this won't be an issue!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support. The best managers I could ask for.

3. "Lies Lies and more Lies"

Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make a lot of money

Cons

Lying to clients, friends and family that trusts you

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is definitely a difficult career, however, I have worked at multiple firms and AXA truly gives you the best possible chance to succeed. They offer a tremendous amount of support and the training is far superior to any other firm I've seen. It's a tough career to get started in, and it does take true hard work. But if you make it, the lifestyle is second to none.

Cons

LIke I said above, it is difficult in the first few years (as is any type of start-up business). You have to be willing to put in the hard work and their will certainly be missed cases/cancelled meetings, etc. It's not a job you can do the minimum and succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture is awesome at the office. Couldn't think of a better place to work or with a better group of people.

"Experience as an AXA Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible amount of support and trainings from management to make a difficult career as simple as possible when first starting out. Plenty of opportunities to make as much income as you want and management gives you all the tools necessary to be successful. There's a great office dynamic and your hard work never goes unnoticed.

Cons

At the beginning of your career you need to work many nights to build your book of business and you'll have to deal with a lot of failure initially. This is not a typical 9-5 job, however, sticking with it can be extremely rewarding.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not alone in anything you do. AXA won't just make you an employee and throw you to the wolves. They have a great training program and we all work as a team. Not to mention the great atmosphere in the office. Managers are great, with training and help with case prep, I couldn't ask for much more. Great group of people in the office make it a nice place to come into every and they are like a second family

Cons

It takes a couple months to start up with little pay so if you can manage that, the benefits that follow are great.

Advice to Management

Management can keep doing what they're doing. Here in Erie we have a couple of the top managers in the country so it's nice to have some valuable resources to go to for anything.

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

At AXA Advisors you work in a very challenging yet rewarding industry. You are surrounding by a team of managers who are involved daily with your training and are always willing to assist with whatever it takes to help you become successful. The unlimited income potential is there for those willing to make the necessary commitment of time to achieve this goal. And the other benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Although may not be a con, must be willing to devout majority of time ( days, evenings, weekends) to building your practice; not an easy task, however if willing to make the necessary sacrifices you will be greatly rewarded.

8. "Opportunity for Growth and Income"

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Flexibility of schedule and ability to generate a high income. The team that I'm part of is like a family, sure there are some problems from time to time, but overwhelmingly they are all great, honest people who are trying to deliver for each other and their clients daily.

Young advisors have more opportunity to grow than ever, more training, more resources, and more senior advisors who will help.

Cons

You must work, there is a lot to learn. If you don't acquire new clients quickly there can be times of depressed income. However, turning over the right stone or relationship can make an entire career. Early in career work/life balance is not present. Later in the career, it can be amazing.

Advice to Management

Leadership can always be improved, but I think they put their advisors first, and do their best.

"Great Company!!!"

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

You can't do yourself enough favors by putting yourself in the position to work with this company! Truly amazing people to guide and train you - they pick you up when you're down because they have all been in your shoes before! Tough business- yes!! As long as you're a hard worker, you WILL flourish from your relationship here. I guarantee you that you will not get better support or knowledge anywhere else!!

Cons

If you've never pushed yourself in your life, forget about it!!! If you have, well then you'll be fine. At the end of the day, this is on you- it's your business and your in charge of your path here! Sure you may spend a few days on Ramen noodles, who cares- who hasn't!! Grind it out and do your best, do now what most people won't to have later what most people don't!

Advice to Management

You nailed it!

"Extremely Happy. Give it what you got. It will give back more!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AXA training has been detailed and empowering. I am an entrepreneurial minded person and this firm has given me every tool and resource to help me make my dreams come true. The leadership has been phenomenal. They challenge and encourage you beyond what you thought you could do. The team environment is supportive and encouraging as well. Everyday I get the chance to help people! There is a flexible schedule and the compensation is great. I came in with eyes wide open and I have not been disappointed

Cons

The industry in general is a tough field. After interview many places I went with AXA because I felt they were honest with me about what to expect and their retention rates are crushing the industry average. I knew to be successful I had to learn from the best and have the best training.