AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 18 reviews)

• If you have a large family with lots of money you can sell annuities too then you can make a lot of money (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Lying to clients, friends and family that trusts you (in 22 reviews)

• No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

1. "AXA Advisors offers a great career"

Current Contractor - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Contractor - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

At AXA Advisors, you salary is unlimited. The opportunities to choose a career path and create your own Financial Planning practice are a cut above the other Financial Planning Firms out there. The training and support you receive at AXA Erie are the reasons I have been successful, and why I would recommend this opportunity to any of my friends and family.

Cons

The hours are long at the beginning of your career, and the job can be stressful. If you are not a driven self-starter, this is not the place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is definitely a difficult career, however, I have worked at multiple firms and AXA truly gives you the best possible chance to succeed. They offer a tremendous amount of support and the training is far superior to any other firm I've seen. It's a tough career to get started in, and it does take true hard work. But if you make it, the lifestyle is second to none.

Cons

LIke I said above, it is difficult in the first few years (as is any type of start-up business). You have to be willing to put in the hard work and their will certainly be missed cases/cancelled meetings, etc. It's not a job you can do the minimum and succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture is awesome at the office. Couldn't think of a better place to work or with a better group of people.

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

At AXA Advisors you work in a very challenging yet rewarding industry. You are surrounding by a team of managers who are involved daily with your training and are always willing to assist with whatever it takes to help you become successful. The unlimited income potential is there for those willing to make the necessary commitment of time to achieve this goal. And the other benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Although may not be a con, must be willing to devout majority of time ( days, evenings, weekends) to building your practice; not an easy task, however if willing to make the necessary sacrifices you will be greatly rewarded.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not alone in anything you do. AXA won't just make you an employee and throw you to the wolves. They have a great training program and we all work as a team. Not to mention the great atmosphere in the office. Managers are great, with training and help with case prep, I couldn't ask for much more. Great group of people in the office make it a nice place to come into every and they are like a second family

Cons

It takes a couple months to start up with little pay so if you can manage that, the benefits that follow are great.

Advice to Management

Management can keep doing what they're doing. Here in Erie we have a couple of the top managers in the country so it's nice to have some valuable resources to go to for anything.

5. "liers"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nothing good! management is in 0 level!

Cons

lying, lying ,lying.Never trust this company.

Advice to Management

Hiring is not important, more important train and support your workers. You only thinking about your pocket,nothing else.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great resources and benefits packages

Cons

- Long hours due to independence

"AXA Advisors"

Current Employee - Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Management is great and very personal

Cons

Long hours with a lot of sales training

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Great culture with plenty of room for growth."

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined AXA to learn a new business and take on a new challenge. The company has great benefits and I recommend taking advantage of the stock purchase plan.

Cons

The office rent is high but it is in a beautiful building so justified. Some new advisors have complained about lack of guidance from management. There are plenty of other advisors that will help you if you do not hit it off with your manager.

Advice to Management

Stay true and do not sugar coat the reality of job. Most that are attracted to the position are intelligent and will appreciate an honest approach.

9. "AXA Advisors intern recommending the position"

Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great sales training experience, excellent mentorship programs available to get you started as a Financial Advisor
    -Office in the financial district with all of the amenities, and a very focused environment that gives

Cons

-You must pay for your own certifications to get licensed before you are able to get into pre-contract, average amount is about $1500
    -The industry itself has a very low success rate, and only 1 in 10 advisors makes it to the point where they are making a wealthy income for themselves

"Sales job"

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

The employees are all great, the senior employees are very helpful, and the hours are very flexible. Also the company events are cool

Cons

It's a sales culture because most of your salary is based on commission which incentivizes you to sell products and service