AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated July 12, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 18 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours with a lot of sales training (in 37 reviews)

"Extremely Happy. Give it what you got. It will give back more!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AXA training has been detailed and empowering. I am an entrepreneurial minded person and this firm has given me every tool and resource to help me make my dreams come true. The leadership has been phenomenal. They challenge and encourage you beyond what you thought you could do. The team environment is supportive and encouraging as well. Everyday I get the chance to help people! There is a flexible schedule and the compensation is great. I came in with eyes wide open and I have not been disappointed

Cons

The industry in general is a tough field. After interview many places I went with AXA because I felt they were honest with me about what to expect and their retention rates are crushing the industry average. I knew to be successful I had to learn from the best and have the best training.

"Best career I could ever have"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Entire organization is supportive and committed to bettering the lives of their employees. You are able to grow and further your career without being micromanaged but always have the help and guidance that you need. Benefits are top of the line.

Cons

Much of the leg work must be done in the first 3-5 years but for committed and motivated people this won't be an issue!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support. The best managers I could ask for.

"Great career"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. In depth training
    2. When starting out, managers assist in running meetings
    3. Ability to have a great career

Cons

1. Without hard work it will take time to be successful

4. "AXA Advisors offers a great career"

Current Contractor - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Contractor - Financial Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

At AXA Advisors, you salary is unlimited. The opportunities to choose a career path and create your own Financial Planning practice are a cut above the other Financial Planning Firms out there. The training and support you receive at AXA Erie are the reasons I have been successful, and why I would recommend this opportunity to any of my friends and family.

Cons

The hours are long at the beginning of your career, and the job can be stressful. If you are not a driven self-starter, this is not the place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is definitely a difficult career, however, I have worked at multiple firms and AXA truly gives you the best possible chance to succeed. They offer a tremendous amount of support and the training is far superior to any other firm I've seen. It's a tough career to get started in, and it does take true hard work. But if you make it, the lifestyle is second to none.

Cons

LIke I said above, it is difficult in the first few years (as is any type of start-up business). You have to be willing to put in the hard work and their will certainly be missed cases/cancelled meetings, etc. It's not a job you can do the minimum and succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture is awesome at the office. Couldn't think of a better place to work or with a better group of people.

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

At AXA Advisors you work in a very challenging yet rewarding industry. You are surrounding by a team of managers who are involved daily with your training and are always willing to assist with whatever it takes to help you become successful. The unlimited income potential is there for those willing to make the necessary commitment of time to achieve this goal. And the other benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Although may not be a con, must be willing to devout majority of time ( days, evenings, weekends) to building your practice; not an easy task, however if willing to make the necessary sacrifices you will be greatly rewarded.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Erie, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not alone in anything you do. AXA won't just make you an employee and throw you to the wolves. They have a great training program and we all work as a team. Not to mention the great atmosphere in the office. Managers are great, with training and help with case prep, I couldn't ask for much more. Great group of people in the office make it a nice place to come into every and they are like a second family

Cons

It takes a couple months to start up with little pay so if you can manage that, the benefits that follow are great.

Advice to Management

Management can keep doing what they're doing. Here in Erie we have a couple of the top managers in the country so it's nice to have some valuable resources to go to for anything.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really feel like a part of a family at AXA. As a Financial Professional, AXA provides you the tools and training you need to build your practice and be successful. Trainings and meetings are held throughout the year to help keep you on top of the industry, and the staff is knowledgeable and supportive in helping you along the way. From a cultural standpoint, there are many events held throughout the year to build - from client appreciation events to branch night outs to incentive trips. AXA works to recognize your hard work and show that it is appreciated.

Cons

The only con is if you're not working here!

"Great company, great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture in the office is wonderful, advisors with all experience levels are always willing to help in their specialized areas which leads to a positive work environment

Cons

Long hours early in the career are necessary to build a business

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing which is positively impacting peoples lives.

"Running a successful practice"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AXA's huge resources to pull from...even in the most complex planning situations
    Open planning architecture for best needs based approach when working with clients (Clear through LPL)
    High compensation
    Outstanding work environment & culture
    very structured training in all areas of financial planning..very hands on
    opportunity for a salary in first few years
    incentive trips, dinners, suits...ect

Cons

Long hours the first few years