AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 18 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 22 reviews)

• No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

"Not what I was promised - I will be leaving this horrible pyramid scheme soon!"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility of your schedule

Cons

Managers lie to recruits and promise rainbows of unlimited income - they will hire ANYBODY which has given this place a horrible reputation. It's getting to the point where you talk to a potential client and they know about AXA because they or someone they knew got scammed by a family or friend into putting all of their money into an expensive AXA annuity and then they left AXA soon after.

The only people who win at this game are the managers who end up inheriting the clients left behind

Advice to Management

Hire people that will have a chance of making it in the industry. Stop focusing on upping the "body count" and stop lying to people. Managers are judged on how many people they hire which leads to garbage man today and "Financial Consultant" tomorrow

I will be leaving this horrible place within a month to get a real job!

"Wonderful company in a challenging field"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local Leadership cares about the branch and the reps deeply. Commissions are higher than most competitors. Lots of Products. Excellent sales training. Good benefits.

Cons

It's a highly competitive field. If you don't pass licenses you are terminated. Income will be inconsistent for a while. Lots of prospecting is required.

Advice to Management

Hire more serious sales people.

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexibility and unlimited income potential

Cons

low income in year 1-3, little practical support, poor culture

"Anywhere you want to go"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Columbus, OH

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Unlimited income
    - Reward for working hard
    - Set your own schedule
    - Determine your career path
    - Never have to ask boss for a raise or beg for promotion
    - Great Benefits (stock purchase, Shareplan, 401(k)
    - Ability to market ourselves in our marketplace, and not be forced to have corparate marketing (Snoopy)

Cons

- Have to work hard
    - Must maintain discipline

Advice to Management

Our leadership must continue to hire and place people from the field in leadership positions. This is currently working, and it is great to have leaders at headquarters who can relate to the advisors in the field.

"AXA Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked in the RBG (Retirement Benefits Group) for just about 2 years now, I have learned an incredible amount most of which I probably would not have learned had it not been for accepting a position here at AXA. When you join, you join a family. This job takes discipline and perseverance and you have a team of other advisors that will push you to do your best. If you are the type of person who loves a great community that provides the resources you need as well as having the opportunity to meet and help someone new every day this is a great place.

The people and culture is incredible.
    Experienced advisors are always open and willing to help out newer advisors.
    No shortage of training.
    Always potential for joint work.
    Many opportunities for advancement (Management, Producer Groups, etc.)
    Flexible work schedule. (Later in Career)

Cons

Though many training's are offered some tend to become repetitive.
    Credentialing and Licensing is a long process and expensive.
    If in the RBG there is a lot of driving.
    Have to work long hours and weekends early on to succeed.
    Pay is variable, never guaranteed a paycheck

Advice to Management

Work on setting up training's that will aid in the building of a business (i.e. do's and dont's, having experienced advisors give their experiences, etc.)
    Keep Training Different! Many training's are extremely repetitive.
    Focus more on coaching DSF to walk before having them go into a full on sprint.

"AXA Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with were very friendly and fun to be around.

Cons

Interns were pretty excluded from everything, most people didn't know us

"SCAM"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be in the trenches with your coworkers that grows a strong bond. Hot chicks work there

Cons

100% commission. They make you bug your family & friends to do business and hurts relationships along the way. Management is terrible. Only hire individuals from wealthy families so they can infiltrate their pocket books.

Advice to Management

Don't feed employees false hope. Be honest from interview #1

"Financial Professional"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Irvine, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very rewarding career. I wake up every day knowing I have the ability to help people plan for their retirement and the future of their families. You definitely need to be self-motivated, organized and very entrepreneurial. There is no cap on earnings and payouts are liberal compared to most broker dealers.

Cons

You earn a living by helping people plan for the future. This is a career not a job to take for a paycheck. You have to be "on your game" every day and dedicated to your clients and your business.

Advice to Management

Make sure new candidates understand success as a financial professional requires long hours, evenings and often weekends meeting with potential clients, and a deep commitment to help improve the lives of others.

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Currently best branch to work for in the country. The branch has an amazingly contagious competitive sprit.

Cons

A lot of the protecting is done by thinking outside the box, referrals and lots of cold calling.

"Financial Professional"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- By being immediately thrown to the wolves in their sink or swim environment, I was able to learn and develop certain skills quicker than at other places
    - Pizza on Wednesdays

Cons

-Their staff is completely inept, and oftentimes you are payed significantly less money than you earned. And on top of that, after they underpay you, they find ways of making it so that you owe them money, not the other way around (based on the experience of the majority of my coworkers as well as my own). AXA will bleed your wallet as much as they can while you are there.
    - Successful advisors love talking about how much money they made, but none of them address how much they had to spend to make that money (mostly because if they do, their accomplishments are no longer impressive).
    - You are given minimal support and have to dive blindly into everything you do. They will not help you get leads, and you will receive minimal (if any) guidance on how to build your book of business from the ground up.
    - The "Financial Professionals" are salesmen with no financial acumen or literacy. Most AXA Advisors are able to memorize presentations, which makes them appear to have the knowledge and skillset that they actually lack
    - Their commission system and awards oftentimes make FP's have to chose between doing what is best for their client, and doing what is best for their them personally or their family. It is rarely the same thing.
    - They want their FP's and FA's to blindly buy into what they tell them. Regardless of any evidence contrary to what they say. "I know it hasn't worked for you yet, but just trust the process". This often causes the smart and knowledge-oriented employees to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Management

- Invest in your new FP's. The money you save with the sink or swim approach ultimately costs you more since most FP's do not have the resources to survive in that environment and ultimately do a bad job of bringing in clients.
    - Get with the times, and create a greater focus on wealth management. The current way of doing things will become obsolete in the next 5-10 years.
    - Do a better job of training your employees on actual investment education. That way your advisors could bring distinctly more value to their clients than their clients opening a simple Vanguard account