AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated May 28, 2017

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 17 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

• This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 21 reviews)

1. "SalesForce Intern"

Current Intern - Salesforce in Charlotte, NC
    Current Intern - Salesforce in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office in Charlotte, highly motivated, teamwork is fantastic

Cons

typical office job, repetitive, interns aren't allowed to do much legally

Advice to Management

Make the office look a little more lively. It would help with the longer days

2. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity if you are hard working, ethical and coachable. Strong leadership and training

Cons

Long hours - must be self driven

3. "Best place to start a business from scratch!"

Current Contractor - Financial Professional in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Financial Professional in Houston, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This company is everything an entrepreneur could ask for! Very team oriented and everyone pushes everyone toward a common, achievable goal. Very competitive pay, if not above average. The office staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met who want nothing more than to help and watch you succeed. Employee benefits are beyond anything I have seen from competitors or even in corporate America in general.

Cons

I wish there were more company sponsored outings (happy hour, golf tournaments, etc.)

Advice to Management

I wish for management to provide more incentives to advisors under their guide such as gas cards, prizes for weekly/monthly competitions.

5. "High-quality people work here!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I've been with AXA for 7 years as a financial advisor. I am always approached by other companies looking to hire someone with my years of experience - I tell them that I'm with AXA because of the people I work with, and I always will be. Our people have a level of character and commitment you don't always find with financial services.

Cons

Wish our corporate branding was better!!

6. "Great place to build a business...."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at AXA for a little over 4 years. AXA has great leadership and wonderful people to work with. I love how passionate people are about helping people. They also don't require you to only use their products and investments, offering a broad range of options to truly make sure your clients needs are met. It also offers the ability to make your own hours, so if you need to take off for a family vacation a day early, go for it!

Cons

With that freedom of time comes a lot of discipline. You definitely have to be self-disciplined to make it in the financial services industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Life in Financial Services"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits; I had the worst year last year for illness and thanks to the benefits AXA Advisors provides their employees I was well taken care of. Tons of PTO , I am used to 2 weeks paid vacation but AXA Advisors offers 3 weeks which is nice to have. Schedule Flexibility; whether you are an advisor or operations staff AXA Advisors promotes schedule flexibility using technology to work remotely and time allocation. Lastly AXA Advisors encourages education and improvement, I have options of continuing education, internal training and opportunities to advance all of the time.

Cons

With freedom and responsibility comes potential for negatives. If you are someone who is unable to maintain a high level of productivity and focus on your own then you might want to reconsider this opportunity. It's easy to get distracted and lose focus and with the flexibility and opportunity to drive your own path.

Advice to Management

Management keep up the good work encouraging your staff to do better. Maybe adding workshops to aid in personal productivity would be a bonus.

8. "FINANCIAL ADVISOR - RBG Houston Texas"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team Environment, Supportive atmosphere that encourages outside the box thinking and freedom of schedule. Mentor that stays with you, more like a coach than a boss. No "clock-in, clock out" You get to pick your clients.

Cons

You don't have a boss. You get what you work for. Some need a boss and a salary, if you are like that, this would not be a good career choice.

Advice to Management

More company sponsored happy hours!

9. "Great Company with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started at AXA out of college and I don't know of a better financial company with better training and a better offering for people new in the business. Compared with other financial companies the payouts and open architecture really stands out.

Cons

Income can fluctuate once you are off salary, but I was expecting that and quite frankly why I got in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the high quality of training that makes an AXA Financial Professional stick out from the crowd. Also, keep offering more tenured advisors opportunities to be involved, committed, and incentivized.

10. "Regional Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect position for self motivated driven individuals who want three things.
    Driven to make High Income/ High Impact in the Community/ Independence

Have great flexibility in compensation packages. Salary/Bonus/Commission/residuals

Those with these qualities are usually at 100k+ incomes within first 3 years

Cons

Is not a career you can try out. you need to be all in for your community, clients and your family only way it can work.

11. "Leadership and support is second to none!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent mix of youth and experience throughout the organization. All the TX branches have excellent leadership with people who care about those they bring on. They are treated as partners and just employees. Two very straightforward models to excel in a tough business. the Central TX branch is challenging the model on how traditional financial services is viewed by leaning on culture and technology.

Cons

You cant dabble. 50 hours/week plus in the first 4 years.
    No micromanagement, PEP phase can be a struggle if lasts more than 3 months.
    Business owner from day 1.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Invest more in technology more often to continue to revamp platforms and turnaround time on issues.