AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule (get what you put in), growing need for the industry, "be your own boss" (in 19 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money doing very good work by working for AXA (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 22 reviews)

• This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 21 reviews)

1. "World class training and support!"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Great training and high retention rate. AXA offers one of the best total packages in the industry. Whether you are just starting out or have been in the career for years.

Cons

As with any career that offers unlimited income potential and freedom to your own hours it up to you to make good decisions. It can be hard to stay disciplined.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"I've worked at a competitive firm in the past, there is no comparison."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Great training, great people, endless support, huge wealth building benefits, and a fun place to be a part of. Family culture, winning attitude, and competitive but team oriented environment.

Cons

It can be tough to get up and running, but once your going it's worth it.

3. "Karr Barth/AXA Advisors"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Karr Barth is one of the top AXA offices in the country for good reason. The training is second to none; coming from another broker/dealer and new to the business, the training I received and continue to receive at Karr Barth is amazing. Management does an extremely good job assisting new advisors in launching their business.

Cons

Being an advisor is extremely difficult--no one at Karr Barth will try and hide that from you. It is difficult for good reason, however. Other reviews cite having to pay for licensing or tapping your "natural market" as negatives. Launching a business that holds a tangible value has a cost up front. However, having ownership over your own business allows you the freedom to be as successful or unsuccessful as you want to be--there is no ceiling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Great Place to Build a Career"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Columbia, MD

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial business model allows me to serve my client's best interests and grow my practice. AXA provides a platform for advisors to give feedback to senior management. The company also invests heavily to make us leaders in a digital environment.

Cons

Like any entrepreneurial business, the career requires a lot of hard work and can frustrate those who are not willing to commit the effort needed to create a successful practice.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in digital and technology so we can remain leaders.

5. "Worth it if you can hack it ..."

Pros

Like any great company AXA has some challenges, but overall it's a great place to work. Excellent training. Great support from my district manager and a good office culture.

Cons

It's very challenging to stay motivated getting having to hear the word "no" more often than yes.

Advice to Management

Don't let any weak people through the doors ... it doesn't help when I want to be around others who really want success.

"perseverance"

Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if you work hard you'll be rewarded for it. Unlike regular employment even you exceeded what was asked of you, you don't get much in return, but in AXA its WORK HARD AND GET REWARDED. lot of perks!

Cons

you need to pay for your business and everything it entails. if you don't have a sale that month it means no compensation too. So this job is for the tough ones

"Growth, development, rewards."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AXA Advisors is the place for you if you care for things like autonomy, mastery and purpose. I love being able to set my own calendar and focus on brave goals with the great help of our manager. Success comes inevitably if you learn to follow your calendar and keep performing your best every single day. A great place to play an Entrepreneur role in a world of financial services. This gives me an opportunity to be my own business owner and represent myself to the clients as my company. Which is a great advantage and another great trait in the financial world.

Cons

The Entrepreneurial part might be as good as it might be bad. For example you gotta pay rent for your own cube and/or assistant and stuff like that. Personally I do not mind that at all but putting it in 'Cons' is my gesture to all those who might not appreciate this fact as much as I do.

Advice to Management

“Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    My advice would be to stay supportive but keep reminding other reps their true duty as a Financial Advisor.

"Upstate New York Branches (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany) provide great support for new advisors"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely helpful management team, training is consistent and very useful, income can easily be $100,000+ in first year, love being a part of a team, great benefits, fun work environment, get to help out clients and your work day feels meaningful.

Cons

It can be a lot of hours in the first few years, but this is more of a career that you are building your own financial planning practice. As time goes on the hours become much less. I know the management team here is very selective in who they bring in, so be prepared to show them you are willing to work in the interview process.

Advice to Management

Continue with upward mobility for advisors to become managers and build out their own teams.

"Starting a career as a Financial Planner/Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Meadville, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Meadville, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't think of any other possible entrepreneurial opportunity where you can begin with no start-up money and build a business that can pay you for what you did year 1, for your whole career. The management team is extremely dedicated to the success of their Advisors. I started in the business over 10 years ago without a strong natural market and was able to build a financial planning practice where I am able to make my own hours, help the people I really care about, and control my income. The atmosphere is very competitive and team oriented and is excellent for previous athletes like myself.

Cons

If you do not want to work a lot of hours at the beginning of your career, or you do not have the entrepreneurial spirit, this is not the place for you. This is a very demanding business and takes a lot of time to build. There is times you have to invest in yourself and your business, so if you do not want to spend your own money to help yourself grow, this will be a bad fit as well.

"Financial Planning Career"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Rochester, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Highly Supportive Management Team (Endless, great training!)
    -Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do)
    -Flexible Hours (able to go home, kids games, functions whenever I want)
    -Building a business
    -Teamwork and a great culture
    -The Branch that I work in is a Top 10 Branch in the Country
    -Management is very selective in who they hire

Cons

-Hard To Get Going (took me 2 years to break 100k, which felt like forever)
    -Worked 60-70 Hours Per Week for 3 Years
    -Management Has High Expectations of Associates (this can be a pro I guess)
    -Can be difficult to "get in"

Advice to Management

From my experience the management was fantastic. They helped me get up and running and now act more as a consultant for my business. Each of them have been "through the ranks" and have done what the new advisors are expected to do....they have walked the walk, which I appreciate.