AXA Advisors 605 Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 16 reviews)

• Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule (get what you put in), growing need for the industry, "be your own boss" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • no base salary is annoying really (in 22 reviews)

• This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 20 reviews)

1. "Great colleagues, autonomy, and mentors"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you really are entrepreneurial and want to grow your own practice with the help of some of the most successful advisors in the company, then this place is great. No one that I've met is shy about opening their doors and sharing there best practices and going even farther than what's needed to help you.

My biggest regret was not coming here right after college as I toiled around with Wall Street and all its bureaucracy and job volatility for many years before I had enough with people always having control over what I can make, where I can go with it, and will I be there in January after layoffs/bonus(maybe).

Def a good place to be if you are hardworking (I was putting in 60+ hrs a week in banking and figured if I'm doing that, I might as well do it for my own business and get the opp to make more $), smart, and want to be in control

Cons

Not a con but it does require persistence, dedication, and motivation to stay on track. If you fall off, a good manager like I have/had will pick you up and find your drive again. If you're lazy or said all the right things in the interview and took this thinking it was going to be different than what was explained, you're wrong. This business is not for the lazy or weak. You need to commit.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring, developing the right people who focus on retention and development and this place will continue to break records and change the view of many when it comes to risk and asset mgmt.

2. "AXA review"

Pros

The managers care about their advisors and are actively involved in their training and in helping them with clients. The culture, while definitely geared towards hard work, is also fairly relaxed.

Cons

If you don't like cold-calling, this is not the place for you. You must be on your A-game with potential clients to succeed well.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You were involved but not micromanaging and the training was easy to follow and apply to real-life scenarios with clients.

3. "AXA Advisors Milwaukee"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Only pro is learning to speak and act professionally

Cons

During the interview process, the managers will make things confusing for you to understand. They only pay you about $1000 for your first 3-6 months. You need to get 15 clients before you can be under contract, which is when you would begin getting paid more. You have to pay for all testing, all materials, etc. They will make it seem like you only pay for a few tests, but they don't mention all travel and random classes ranging from $30-$100 that you have to take through them. They hired 10 people with me and after three months only 2 are left (both got set up with rich parents helping them out). They will promise that you will do joint work to help get you on your feet and learn, but this is a lie. They will tell you to go alone to lurk outside schools and businesses and bother people when they want to go home. They don't teach you anything valuable. They also don't care about their clients and fill out all compliance paper work listing random things they say the client wants when they are just trying to suck up the most money possible from unsuspecting clients. Biggest scam ever. If you have any questions about AXA Milwaukee or AXA in general, go on LinkedIn and find people who formally worked there and reach out to them.

Advice to Management

Care about the young people you hire, not just yourselves.

"Financial Advisor"

Pros

Compensation is essentially only the commissions earned. The benefit is that there are many different types of products with varying payout schedules, and most allow the advisor to accumulate a very large income through the recurring commission trails.

Cons

When beginning your career, it is very difficult to generate a consistent stream of commissions. Without finding one or two very large deals in the first year, many people cannot afford to continue and leave the business

6. "Internship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

very professional and taught me a lot about preparing for the real world

Cons

45 minute drive from my apartment in huntsville

7. "Administrative Assistant Recruiter"

Former Employee - Unemployed in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AXA is a very large company providing good salary and benefits.

Cons

Inability to move up in the organization. Also, there was no feedback as to how you are doing in your employment role.

Advice to Management

Management should look closer at each employees abilities and give them a chance to move to another employment opportunity if employee desires.

"Administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at AXA Advisors part-time

Pros

Equal opportunity employer. Great atmosphere. Very helpful to a new hire. Wonderful learning experience.

Cons

I wish they could have offered me a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Offer more full-time positions.

9. "FInancial professional"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, be your own boss with help of management, your success is up to you

Cons

not all products are good, term insurance is a great product, but VUL is unquantifiable in my opinion.

10. "2 Years in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

This job rewards those who really put in the effort, if you think this an easy 9-5 JP morgan job, dont do it.

Cons

You need to be here early and stay late, clients will reject your work and you need to learn to go out and move past it

Advice to Management

Management here is different based on your team, some have distant approaches while others like to hover. Find the right match for you.

11. "senior administrator"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I learned about this great company

Cons

I was laid off with 300 hundred others

Advice to Management

evalutafe before making decision