AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated January 11, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money doing very good work by working for AXA (in 18 reviews)

• entrepreneurial, if you want to make a lot you can (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • no base salary is annoying really (in 23 reviews)

• This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 22 reviews)

1. "Not the worst & not the best"

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple locations and decent marketing

Cons

Same as other insurance companies in that they want you to sign up all your friends & family for life policies

2. "Preliminary Prospective Sales Associate"

I have been working at AXA Advisors part-time

Pros

Strong team support, opportunity and help.

Cons

I haven't there long enough to identify significant cons

3. "Okay company"

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Create own schedule. High earning potential.

Cons

Behind the times in helping new associates prospect.

Advice to Management

Help younger advisors make it by opening books of older advisors to them. Stop with the ridiculous fees advisors have to pay, get some skin in the game.

"Definitely no shining job"

Former Employee - Junior Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

entrepreneurial, if you want to make a lot you can
    fun-ish work environment
    No supervision

Cons

No support whatsoever
    Not great ethics
    Have to pay for a lot of stuff

Advice to Management

Dont position this as a financial planning job. Its a sales position and a very non-skill requiring one at that

5. "Intern"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Great Management. Good hours and very insightful meetings

Cons

No downsides come to mind

"Most of these reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren’t really any, I suppose flexible schedule and learning about a company you don’t want to be apart of

Cons

Too many to list, most of the reviews here on glass door are from managers and current employees that were told by their managers to give good reviews. Why? Because the managers live off of churning new employees because they receive hiring bonuses and overrides on your sales. It is just your normal pyramid scheme, the company locks your clients into long contracts, makes you pay for everything yourself, and then tries to bill you for things you shouldn’t have to pay for when you leave. Company won’t be around much longer, other than a life lesson you won’t gain much from working here other than maybe a stepping stone to a real financial services company. Most of the guys that work here have no idea about financial planning and are really just insurance salesman. It’s is very rare you will find a portfolio built by an Axa advisor that will outperform the market. Take my advice, and instead of learning the hard way like I did, wait for a better opportunity.

Advice to Management

If you worried about your employees as much as you did about cutting costs and your bottom line, everyone would thrive. Instead this is a dwindling company with a terrible reputation that thrives on feeding on the time and energy of new employees into the work force.

"Training Process and Communication Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Employers really care about you face to face
    -Employees are friendly and nice

Cons

-One of the managers is not very professional language wise, uses swear words a lot to express himself. Made me feel uncomfortable as a new comer. He never swore to insult me, he just expresses himself that way.
    -Phone interviews and meetings were always late, never on time.
    -My start date was not honored, and I couldn't even finish the training process because I was still in the process of getting licensed. Perhaps it was my fault for not asking more questions but this was very upsetting to me.

Advice to Management

Have staff dedicated to training and bringing in new recruits. They should be communicating with recruits every other day and walk them through every SINGLE detail about whats required before the start working. I would have loved to work with them if they were not so disorganized and unclear about the training process. The process was so frustrating that it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

-When hiring focus on telling the employees what value AXA brings to the marketplace and why they should work there. Don't put so much emphasis on salaries and tell recruits how much they could make.

"11 Months of Waiting On Them"

Pros

Seem like nice people, but really there are no pros. Worst hiring process I've ever seen.

Cons

Terrible communication skills. Don't give you all the information you need for taking the Series 7. Suggest unhelpful and even harmful ways of studying. Dragged my husband along for 11 months. What do single people do right out of college if they don't actually pay them anything until they pass the test? They drag this proccess out and string you along for way too long. How do they expect you to support yourself while you are waiting on them to process all your paperwork and get you a test date. This was the most frustrating hiring process I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Pay your "employees" while they study for the Series 7. Put them to work at least selling Health insurance. That's how most other companies do it. Also, get your secretaries to do their idiot jobs.

9. "Financial Advisor"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

In theory the job sounds great as your earnings potential is limitless and you are the manager of your own schedule.

Cons

As a new employee the training program is not sufficient enough to fully prepare you for what the job actually entails.

Advice to Management

It would be great if the managers spent more hands on time with each advisor during the first few months.

10. "Financial Professional"

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

You have a flexible schedule

Cons

No established mentor or training.
    You will learn to sell one product and you will not really grow.
    You are pretty much on your own and will have to use your own funds to run your business with no support.