AXA Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated May 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is true that you can make a lot of money right out of the gates (in 17 reviews)

• Ability to make A LOT of money (paid for what you do) (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary until you make 15 applications and/or 3,000 PCs (production credits) (in 21 reviews)

• This of course is after you have recruited your friends and family to the company (in 21 reviews)

1. "Internship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

very professional and taught me a lot about preparing for the real world

Cons

45 minute drive from my apartment in huntsville

2. "Great Place to Work, Not for Everyone"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Completely self sustained, make your own schedule and hours, get out of it what you put into it.

Cons

No structure, not a lot of help from management. No formal training process. A lot of testing to start the job, very expensive and the company only reimburses you for it months later.

3. "FInancial professional"

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, be your own boss with help of management, your success is up to you

Cons

not all products are good, term insurance is a great product, but VUL is unquantifiable in my opinion.

"Complex"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With this company positions of the same title can vary like crazy. As an Admin here you can either work directly for financial advisors as their employee or for the AXA company itself. Either way, the experience is dependent on the advisors you work with. I have very caring and understanding advisors that work hard with me to provide a great experience for our clients.

Cons

-The Bellevue office does not provide parking (unless you negotiate this with your advisor. AXA employees do not get a spot either). If you want to pay to park it is $210/month including taxes and fees. Surrounding lots do not seem much cheaper.
    -It can be hard to take time off as an admin as you are highly depended on day-to-day to handle client needs (just like most customer service jobs).
    -There are a lot of hoops to jump through to do the customer service side of the job as you must be compliant with strict security rules. While this is time consuming it is obviously good for any client and their security. Clients tend to get agitated with trying to open secure emails and deal with the security of their account websites.

6. "Don't Work for AXA Advisors"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an office to go to every day.

Cons

No Management of employees, no instruction on how to become a good financial advisor, the product being offered isn't special and they shouldn't have to cold call your family to generate business.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of different pieces of advice I would say to AXA's management, but I'll keep it to three things: I would help your new financial advisors with having a salary until they are good enough to generate the commission on there own, I would have analysts and market trackers in the office to best give the advisors the proper information and I would suggest they have the senior advisors there go through extensive management training to properly train the advisors.

7. "2 Years in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

This job rewards those who really put in the effort, if you think this an easy 9-5 JP morgan job, dont do it.

Cons

You need to be here early and stay late, clients will reject your work and you need to learn to go out and move past it

Advice to Management

Management here is different based on your team, some have distant approaches while others like to hover. Find the right match for you.

8. "senior administrator"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I learned about this great company

Cons

I was laid off with 300 hundred others

Advice to Management

evalutafe before making decision

9. "Financial Professional"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opened my eyes to how unethical people in the work force can be.

Cons

No training, no money, upper management consistently lies and makes false promises. There was even some employees there that had been with AXA Advisors for over 5 years and were still making less than 15k a year.

Advice to Management

Please stop lying during the interview process.

10. "Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Got client experience and the company reimburses you for certification.

Cons

Hard to initially get clients. The primary market is teachers.

Advice to Management

Give a higher base salary

11. "AXA Advisors Milwaukee"

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

Only pro is learning to speak and act professionally

Cons

During the interview process, the managers will make things confusing for you to understand. They only pay you about $1000 for your first 3-6 months. You need to get 15 clients before you can be under contract, which is when you would begin getting paid more. You have to pay for all testing, all materials, etc. They will make it seem like you only pay for a few tests, but they don't mention all travel and random classes ranging from $30-$100 that you have to take through them. They hired 10 people with me and after three months only 2 are left (both got set up with rich parents helping them out). They will promise that you will do joint work to help get you on your feet and learn, but this is a lie. They will tell you to go alone to lurk outside schools and businesses and bother people when they want to go home. They don't teach you anything valuable. They also don't care about their clients and fill out all compliance paper work listing random things they say the client wants when they are just trying to suck up the most money possible from unsuspecting clients. Biggest scam ever. If you have any questions about AXA Milwaukee or AXA in general, go on LinkedIn and find people who formally worked there and reach out to them.

Advice to Management

Care about the young people you hire, not just yourselves.