AXA UK Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

4.2
AXA UK CEO Claudio Gienal
Claudio Gienal
Pros
  • "The company have always been generous with benefits and there is flexibility when it comes to work life balance(in 25 reviews)

• "Also trying to move towards flexible working(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Challenges of a big corporate, slow tied down in red tape occasionally, had some really awful managers but nothing you can do about it(in 8 reviews)

• "Currently no direction from senior management(in 7 reviews)

"I miss working there"

I worked at AXA UK

Pros

Great development opportunities, excellent people to work with who are all passionate about what they do. Great location in Town

Cons

Depends on which business area you work in, depends on how performance is rated. In some areas, people seem to get away with murder!

AXA UK2014-10-08
  2. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at AXA UK full-time

Pros

Wonderful management, brilliant benefits & a great work life balance

Cons

The salary is not very competitive.

AXA UK2020-06-03

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for writing a review for us. Every review add so much value to those who are deciding whether to work with us.

3. "Great to be part of the AXA team"

Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in London, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

AXA are an employer that really value each individual and make them feel welcome and part of the greater cause. As a newbie to the Insurance/Finance industry, the transition has been really easy, not challenging at all and that's mainly down to the Managers and my colleagues. A great team, that's honest, friendly and progressive. The support received during the Covid-19 pandemic has also been unimaginable, AXA have gone above and beyond to keep employers happy, ensuring everyone's health and well-being was priority and showing great support to those who have families. As a parent, they are a great employer that give working parents flexibility in all aspects and also understand the importance of work-home life balance. Lastly, great employer package with bonus and benefits.

Cons

Marketing salary within the company needs to be reviewed, not quite the benchmark compared to other industries

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you very much for writing your review. Obviously the current covid-19 situation has been difficult for everyone and I'm so pleased to hear that you feel we've taken the right approach. Regarding your comment about salaries, our reward team review salaries frequently and although we may, in some areas, be a little below benchmark our total rewards financial package is seen as very favourable in the market and also with our employees.

4. "Claims Technical Services"

Current Employee - Surveyor in Exeter, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for AXA for 7 months now, I feel as though I've been here for years. I feel privileged to be part of AXA, and have been made to feel welcome, supported and valued. Although not personally affected, I am incredibly impressed with the support AXA in general and respective line managers look after all of their employees above and beyond anything I've experienced or seen anywhere else.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything adverse to date.

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for you review. It's great to hear your're really enjoying your time with us. Long may that continue!

5. "Looking After their People"

5.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Business Assistant in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Look after our clients and members, but they also look after our people well. During these times I could not have wished to have worked for a better company - great comms from Claudio and his senior leadership team. AXA off excellent benefits

Cons

Salaries not as high as some

AXA UK2020-05-21

May 28, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on what it's like to work here. It's great to know that we're getting it right at such a tricky time for us all.

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Leicester, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very customer and employee focused. Excellent benefits package for staff. Flexible working and focus on the importance of work life balance A lot of time and money invested in employees health and well being as well as morale.

Cons

I don't have any cons that I have not experienced with other employers and that you would expect to have in a large company

AXA UK2020-05-19

May 28, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for writing a review for us. It's great to hear you feel so positive about working here.

7. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Contracting and Fees Team Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, good work-life balance, active promotion of flexible working, promotion of individual development, many career opportunities, fair salaries, excellent bonus scheme, pleasant culture within the business, striving to evolve and always putting our customers at the heart of what we do - great values, integrity and drive

Cons

Different cultures to suit different preferences - while this is great to be so diverse, this can sometimes be difficult when different areas have to work together

AXA UK2020-05-20

May 28, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what it's like to work here - it's really helpful for those considering working with us at AXA to read all these comments coming straight from our employees.

8. "Good, but not great"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, lovely office, and good work-life balance allowed. Fantastic response to COVID with office closure, time provided to volunteer to assist against Covid. Significant holiday allowance allowed to take over to next year.

Cons

Poor HR communication. Poor time taken to get set up on all IT systems needed. Still yet to meet anyone from the HR team 6 months in, completely reliant on immediate colleagues to happen to know who to contact.

AXA UK2020-06-02
  9. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Change Management in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The job is so much better if you work with great people . The company have always been generous with benefits and there is flexibility when it comes to work life balance

Cons

Politics amongst certain people who are always seen as blockers

AXA UK2020-05-19

May 28, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for writing your review about what its like to work at AXA. It's great to read your comments on what we do well. We read all reviews so where things can be done better we make sure that is fed back too.

10. "Lovely culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Internal Communications Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time

Pros

Great people, protective employer, cross-opportunities

Cons

Behind the times, slow IT systems

AXA UK2020-05-11

May 13, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We read every review and the comments are really helpful for us to know what to focus on to make things even better.

Found 186 reviews