Aadco Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Technical Representative"

Current Employee - Regional Technical Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Technical Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Aadco Medical full-time

Pros

This is a strong manufacturer and direct seller to hospitals nationwide. I've work here for more than ten years and continue to enjoy the experience of team work with a company that treats employees just like family.

Cons

Good money, good products and high quality. I've work here for more than ten years and continue to enjoy the experience of team work with a company that treats employees just like family.

Advice to Management

Keep it going. You've got a great team and a great CEO. The management structure is also very responsive. Any problem is sorted out rapidly. You should cut away anyone who does not want to work, rather than wasting time rehabilitating them. Keep the team strong...

2. "Don't Believe the hype!!"

Former Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Aadco Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Product, a chance to break into the Medical Industry.

Cons

Horrible Pay, Empty promises and a complete lack of respect for the employee.

Advice to Management

Write a book on how to take a great product and have no clue how to sell it. You're old and out dated with your ideas. Read your reviews and then think about it. Why is there so much turn over? Look in the mirror.

"For those with low self esteem and minimal self worth, this is the place for you."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, VT

I worked at Aadco Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location. Not more than a 10-15 minute drive for most employees, not counting outside sales representatives.

Cons

I worked for AADCO for several years.

One thing is for certain, if it wasn't for the employees that just want to make a living to support their families this company would have folded years ago.

Let's start with pay. I will admit that my starting pay was more than I really expected. The problem is, when I left the company after SEVERAL years my pay was exactly the same as when I started. No company I have ever worked for nor ever heard of has what seems to be a "no raise policy" or "raise freeze" as management likes to call it that goes on for years. Not months but years. I could understand if an employee had negative "marks" during a year but I for one never even had a performance review nor any type of counseling, positive or negative. And yet still worked for the same pay for years. I'm am not alone in this. Several employees working for AADCO for 10-15 years either have never had a raise or have had maybe one over their time and that was minimal. The only ones that seem to get a raise are those that go to management and threaten to outright quit or move on to another company. It's then and only then that management attempts to keep them by throwing more money their way.

Now let's talk bonuses. Many companies that I personally know of have a performance bonus "program". AADCO's program only extends to inside sales/customer service and outside sales personal. Management doesn't seem to understand, or doesn't care that without manufacturing, shipping, purchasing, accounts receivable, etc., the company makes no money. Getting a customer to by a product may not be easy and for this reason, the sales department is vital. But common sense dictates that without your other departments doing their jobs, no amount of orders will matter. The bonus program should absolutely be extended to all employees. Sales does not work harder than everyone else.

Terrible communication. Management seems to not feel the need to properly communicate with its employees. Word of mouth around the coffee machine in the breakroom is about all you can hope for as a means to get information. People need to know what to expect, what's happening, etc. Too many times I saw coworkers or myself being asked questions concerning the status of something and they didn't have a clue. Anybody that a decision involves must be informed in order to produce.

Annual company picnic. Most people would say "well it's the thought that counts". While that is usually true, it's not necessarily the case here. For everyone of these I attended, it always seemed forced. "Mandatory fun" is a good description. No, attendance wasn't mandatory, but I know that everyone feels like if they don't attend, management will notice and it'll be looked at negatively. I would say that most attend because of the free alcohol. Employees are encouraged to bring their families. Children are welcome. Many employees choose to not bring their children, mainly because of what the free alcohol brings with it. Drunken stupors, loud swearing, etc. The food is only so so and is chosen by the CEO with no input from anyone as to what they prefer. It's almost as if, " hey I know I haven't given you a raise in 5 years but I did feed you a small lobster tail once a year".

Advice to Management

- Hold weekly, or at a minimum, bi-weekly staff meetings. Great chance to bring together your department heads and pass along info, gather input etc.
    - Make people WANT to work hard. Fear is not the answer. People, in general, want to do a good job. When employees only do the work for fear of losing that job, in inevitably causes them to simply do the minimum. Just enough so they remain employeed. Show some appreciation for the work they do.
    - Forget what you think you know about managing people. The CEO and company president may be good or even great business men but that doesn't make a good people manager. Do some self reflecting and ask yourself why you have such a problem keeping your best employees. Losing the three employees that were the cornerstone of one of your most lucrative products in a matter of approximately six weeks, all of which moved on to other companies should have shaken the whole management structure and made them ask themselves what they are doing wrong. What they can do better to keep employees. There are obviously deep seated issues if all of your employees are routinely scouring the job boards and websites looking for better oppurtunities.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aadco Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OEM drives change ..stays ahead of advancement

Cons

no cons building untiy

Advice to Management

no advice

5. "Want to predict the future...Invent it."

Former Employee - Sales, GM Hong Kong in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales, GM Hong Kong in Boston, MA

I worked at Aadco Medical full-time

Pros

Direct independent sales representatives must have creative ability to initiate sales where they did not previously exist. Period. Do not ever make the fatal mistake of pointing fingers and making excuses. Tired old cliches and excuses by which the uninitiated tend to excuse themselves are Boring Bunkham! And every successful sales person knows this is a fact. In any free market economy, there are three (3) factors that determine your income. The demand for what you do, your ability to do it, and the ease, or difficulty of replacing you! That's it! That's all! Do you understand?
    I was the first AADCO sales rep hired. (New England area) I went on to start and run the Hong Kong office. It was the most exciting and incredible experience in my life. We traveled throughout Japan, China and Southeast Asia developing business and building successful business relationships. We rode motorcycles to the Great Wall of China. We were on a first name basis with the top two sushi chefs in Hong Kong. In a word, Incredible.
    AADCO Senior Management are successful entrepreneurs, patent holders & highly competitive sales executives. You are NOT cut for sales if you expect to be coddled and nurtured like some muling baby? Success in selling is never easy, but it is simple...See customers more and See More Customers!!! Numbers Don't Lie. You are responsible for Your Territory, regardless of industry or product range. If your territory is suffering from low sales, go look in the mirror and repeat this for as long as it takes...” If it is to be, it's up to me.” If you want someone to hold you while you cry yourself to sleep at night, pick warm and soft. If you want to swim with sharks, then learn how to swim fast.

Cons

The big bad world does not owe you anything. If you can't build relationships and make connections with others inside and out of the organization, sales if not for you.

Advice to Management

Fire quickly, Hire carefully.

"Florida Territory Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Aadco Medical full-time

Pros

honestly, there are none unless you count basic entry level medical sales. The

Cons

The entire management team including the private owner has little respect for sales employees. They are unsupportive but also can be rude, threatening. The turn over rate is almost 95% for sales. They hire class sizes due to the turn over. While is was there i had 3 sales directors come and go. Two were fired, one demoted. Most sales people leave or get fired. If you join, just understand it is bar none, the worst company you will have the pleasure of working for. The owner has zero respect for humanity.

Advice to Management

don't change

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - OHIO TERRITORY MANAGER in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - OHIO TERRITORY MANAGER in Columbus, OH

I worked at Aadco Medical (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wide Variety of good products to sell.

Cons

Reps are expected to be in accounts all day long. They wanted 10 face to face contacts reported every day. Quoting, reporting and CRM had to be done in the evenings. Phone prospecting appointment setting is expected to be done on the fly. Very micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Update infrastructure. MS Office and Outlook really do work better than Open Office.

"extremely poor company"

Current Employee - Regional Technical Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Technical Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aadco Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you learn to appreciate even an awful job, because this company is by far the worst company you will ever work for

Cons

Management treatment of employees causes severe employee turn over rate in the corporate office and its even worse in the sales field, pay is not even a living wage, benefits only benefit management because no one else can afford the astronomical co-pays, the only employees that have been there more than a year are immediate family in accounting and human resources,, do not quit your job until you read the fine print in the employment contract that is presented to you after you pay for your flight round trip to Vermont, pay for your hotel room, pay for your rental car to travel from hotel to corporate office for" who ever is in that day training", and by the way you have to pay all credentialing fees also, the policies and procedures at this company are put in place to make management money nothing else, field reps come and go so fast that the company has not once in 30 years had a national sales meeting,

Advice to Management

Does anyone in management think it a bit odd that every employee is miserable and looking for other opportunities.

Aadco Medical Response

Jul 24, 2014 – Human Resources Coordinator

Information provided in this review is not accurate. The base compensation provided to territory sales employees certainly exceeds a living wage, and we offer an uncapped commission plan. Your... More

"Bookkeeper"

Current Employee - A/P in Randolph, VT
    Current Employee - A/P in Randolph, VT

I have been working at Aadco Medical (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Aadco for 14 years and have enjoyed working with my co-workers. Most have been with the company for a long time. I have read the negative reviews, will comment on one in particular. This person complained about the auto allowance, what he didn't mention was Aadco also pays part of medical insurance. The paperwork that was talked about is a weekly expense report which they send in the receipts for gas, parking, tolls which they get reimbursed for them. I know this to be true because I am the one who does these reports, all of this is gone over when they are hired. There is absolutely no stalling on when they get paid.

Cons

Getting outside salesman to send in their reports every week.

Advice to Management

None

"I have been here 22 years and still going strong."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, VT

I have been working at Aadco Medical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice place to work, nice people. Good location close to home. The hours are great for person with family and management is good about letting people have time off for personal things. The job is interesting, get to do different jobs everyday.

Cons

Hope to get raises again in the near future, Upper management able to talk with all employees.

Advice to Management

none at this time