Aaron Brothers Art and Framing Reviews | Glassdoor

Aaron Brothers Art and Framing CEO Chuck Rubin
Chuck Rubin
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management wouldn't know a sales strategy if it punched them in the face (in 11 reviews)

• In addition to ridiculously low pay rates (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Coworkers, Corporate Sucks"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic to be around art environment. Everyone I worked with had a passion for what they did.

Cons

Corporate expects to much but gives little resources to complete what they want done.

Advice to Management

Stop limiting the amount of staff while simultaneously bumping up the workload.

"Should've Waited Before Accepting Position"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Coppell, TX

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can think of are the benefits. Some of the people I worked with were nice.

Cons

Not much communication with associates. My training was horrible.

3. "Fun Job! Crappy hours/schedule/pay"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Studio City, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Studio City, CA

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super creative job! People are great to work with and the clients are great for the most part.

Cons

The scheduling is super chaotic. 9-5 one day then 1-10pm and sometimes overnight... with the schedule changing every week with little notice it is very hard to make any kind of plans.

The pay is very low.

No commission

Advice to Management

Having a more consistent schedule and rewarding the employees that preform would allow you to keep people with knowledge around long enough to maximize your customers experiences.

"Terrible management, no clue how to run business"

Former Employee - General Manager in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in McKinney, TX

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Framing is pretty fun
    Customers are cool,
    Store employees are usually pretty cool
    Cool art comes in
    I need 20 words.

Cons

Where to start. 0 direction, 0 resources to accomplish your job, merchandising is always wrong, and you get yelled at for it. Upper management wouldn't know a sales strategy if it punched them in the face. Here is a tactical, strategic, aaron brothers goal "go get revenue". Not to mention leadership holds you to expectations you don't know about, and will then reprimand or even fire you with no warning, and you have no idea what you did wrong, and they won't clarify. I have never worked somewhere where I was told I was "selling too high" and that I should somehow balance price with features and effective down sell to overcome the fact heir prices are too high. (Which they raise during sales, I stumbled onto that on accident)

You will literally have no idea where you sit with the company. Leadership is secretive, underhanded and generally weak. They do not like confrontation, so they will secretly hang you behind closed doors, and then come out of nowhere with write up/ firing based on expectations you didn't know leadership had of you.

Overall it's a very dishonest company with borderline deceptive pricing strategies, and an upper leadership who gives no support, no resources, lies to its employees and essentially leads everyone around with carrots on fishhooks. They will promise people full time status and hold that over their head forever, while hiring in external candidates for the spots they "promised" someone, and then will say they didn't promise anything. Happened to one of my employees when I got hired and I had to deal with the fallout.

Advice to Management

be more strategic with your business plans and initiative. Be more fair and upfront with your employees, and stop lying" But, I am sure that won't ha

6. "Seasonal Sales Associate review"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally a really fun clientele I worked around the holiday season and even the upset customers were very pleasant. I was very happy how well trained I was, getting to know every aspect of the store I worked at. Excellent outlook on occasional mistakes as learning lessons. Very dedicated to creating a quality customer experience.

Cons

Didn't have as good an experience when I was transferred to a different branch where I felt more like a cog in the wheel instead of a valued employee. They didn't seem to care about my own development. Corporate didn't always seem very clued in as to what was going on at the store. Or Freight shipments never made sense with what we had on the floor. The managers were however very good at compensating for it.

Advice to Management

The management at the first store I worked at where I spent most of my time was wonderful. They took great care of us.

7. "The only reason I stay is I love what I do. I get to go to work every day to create something."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Hawthorne, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Hawthorne, CA

Pros

Being able to use your talents as an artist.
    Working with some very talented people really brings out your personal artist inside.

Cons

The company doesn't fix the pay of existing employees when the minimum wage goes up. They just expect the managers to sugar coat everything.

Advice to Management

If the company would just compensate the existing employees when the minimum wage goes up they wouldn't be short handed like now.

8. "Aaron Brothers"

Current Employee - Framer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Framer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The employees are always friendly. Schedule is pretty flexible . Employee discounts have gotten better. It work with some great customers and awesome art .

Cons

Corporate has completely unrealistic expectations for sales and production goals . Employees are expected to perform multiple job descriptions with no compensation or adjustment of compensation.
    Raises are a joke, much less insulting . In addition to ridiculously low pay rates.

Advice to Management

Change your slogan - Michaels cares
     Your employees want to care... Michaels/Aaron Brothers clearly DOES NOT.

9. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Fun and creative environment. Small staff so you become family

Cons

Upper management cares more about profit, not the people

10. "Manager of a Card/Gift Store while owning an online Paper Boutique"

Current Employee - President in Lantana, TX
    Current Employee - President in Lantana, TX

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adore anything to do with paper, boxes, greeting cards, gift wrapping

Cons

I'd like to have someone give me a chance to have a full-time job. I'm a terrific employee, dedicated,dependable, trust worthy, available for any schedule, can work alone.

Advice to Management

Trustworthy, worked alone at Providence Invitations and Gifts, did all store design, sales, ordering, follow-up.

11. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Aaron Brothers is fun, some of the employees are friendly people. Customers are usually very nice and always have interesting stories about their artwork. Lot of art supplies and the ability to make custom frames.

Cons

Not much communication between employees and management. The product itself is made very poorly so they are constantly throwing away material with very slight damage. There is not much room for growth and the rate of pay is very low for some positions.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate better and work as a team. Try to lay out set goals for not just the store but for yourselves and what will make it easier to work with each other.