Aaron's Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

4.7
Aaron's CEO John Robinson
John Robinson

Cons

1. "Good company to work for it if you want to move up."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very performance-based. As long as your hard working and you put up good numbers and you will be promoted.

Cons

Starting to become a little bit of a good old boy system. You just gotta know who you're dealing with and if they fall under those guidelines.

Advice to Management

Don't kiss nobody's butt. If your numbers are better than somebody else's and you feel like they are getting the benefit of the doubt for some reason stress your opinion. No matterhow high you got to take it.

"Difficult Job for the Underdog"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sundays off- great vacation benefits- you get to meet a lot of people from all walks of life. From football players to out of work grocers, there is no limit to who may walk through your doors.

Cons

The hours are terrible. Not enough pay for the amount of work required. The higher up people (GM and above) are quick to stab people in the back. There is no loyalty in this company whatsoever. They talk a lot about building relationships and working with people and all that, but this does not in any way apply to the employees. Anyone lower than a GM is viewed as disposable and this view is always made abundantly clear. I was denied a raise a few months ago because "it wasnt in the budget", but the person I had to train to replace me when I transferred stores was brought in at a dollar more and hour than I was. The pay is not worth the extreme stresses that both your body and mind are put through every day.

Advice to Management

If you continue to undervalue your employees, you will eventually end up like Wal Mart where everyone in the world hates you. You may, for a time, remain extremely profitable, but this will eventually fall apart.