Aasonn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Bill Carroll

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, solid internal systems and knowledgeable employees (in 3 reviews)

• I also appreciate the work life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any other consulting firm, sometimes it gets a little hectic with a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Lack of communication from Upper Management leaves many feeling insecure and in the dark about the business and job security (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best people in the business"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously, the best people in the business work here. I feel fortunate every day to work with this level of talent. I also appreciate the work life balance. Our model of largely remote work allows me to have a life. I was a road warrior in the past and was so over it. Our parternship with SAP is award winning. It makes a difference in the amount and quality of projects we get.

Cons

A ton of change over the last 2 years. It's been painful at times, too much work not enough people resulted in burnout, then overcompensating by overhiring and ultimately having to let people go. The pendulum is settling down now and i think we're on the right track. Our benefits have been improving, I hope to see that continue with even more programs.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people. Our talent is our sweet spot - take care of them!

Sep 11, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

Thanks for your feedback and your contribution to Aasonn. We couldn't agree more with your statement about our people. We are very fortunate to have the talented individuals on the Aasonn team that... More

2. "Sales over Quality"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Aasonn full-time

Pros

Work at home, flexible hours and no micro-management. Some great talent and employees make an effort to collaborate and help each other. Travel is reasonable, and a lot less than other consulting companies. Lots of projects. Can be great if you love this type of work.

Cons

Company is mainly interested in sales and saving money.

There are a handful of customer facing consultants with multiple projects. Consultants are expected to “train” the India team to do the actual work because they are cheaper. Training and validating India’s work is time consuming, and consultants are not given the hours or timeline to do it effectively. It is difficult to provide quality work with this model.

Senior management makes a big show of employee engagement, but there is a lot of mistrust with the new team - especially when they are constantly changing.

High turnover, both voluntary and involuntary. Because everyone is remote, we never know who has left the company. There have been organization changes every few months for the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

Clients come to companies like boutique companies like Aasonn expecting quality work. Let the certified consultants do the work they were hired and trained to do. Let India do the setup work, and let the consultant's do the rest.

Sep 8, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

We appreciate your feedback. The leadership team at Aasonn constantly strives to achieve the highest level of quality service and efficiency for our customers. By doing so, we remain the preferred... More

"Intgeration consultant"

Former Employee - Integration Engineer
    Former Employee - Integration Engineer

I worked at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't see any major pro working for this company.

Cons

worst leaders in the top management. They don't care about the personal development and they are very rude. very tight time lines on every requirement. Not a good company to work with. I gave the advice when i left but no body responded.

Oct 8, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

We are grateful to you for sharing your thoughts and are saddened to hear that your experience was not what the vast majority of our employees and clients have with our management team. We have an... More

4. "Professional Services Consultant"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The exposure to so many products so fast has really helped me in my career. Had I worked in a larger company, it would have taken a lot longer to get that much experience under my belt. Allan was great to work for and had really great stories.

Cons

Carrying that large a number of projects and clients at once when I was a brand new consultant made for a lot of really long days and those two years seemed like a lot longer. This is probably just because that many hours.

Advice to Management

Consultants are people and while I understand that in a services organization, it is competitive and profit is paramount, 15 hour days should not be so normal. I have never met the new CEO. Randy had just come on as I was leaving so I don't really identify with them as CEO.

Sep 13, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

We appreciate your comments and the dedication that you and our team members have to our customers. Starting with our new CEO, the leadership team has made it a priority to build a company culture... More

"Biyearly Churn"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aasonn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was given an ultimatum to turn a profit this year and might be able to cook the books enough to make it

Cons

The company keeps hiring middle management to solve its problems. The middle management tries to pawn all of its projects off on production level employees.

Leadership sends replies with instructions which demonstrate an intrinsic lack of understand in the business.

Leadership take weeks off, lower level employees continually get denied for "unlimited" PTO.

In general feels like an environment where work is constantly pawned down to the least paid employee.

Leadership has done organizational restructures 4+ times in 2 years without seeing how they play out. Marketing branding has been redone about the same. Employees still need to enter timesheets in multiple systems.

Employees often laid off in large numbers without warning and without their roles or processes documented, leaving the remaining employees to trial and error it together.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Sep 13, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

I certainly feel your frustration in having to deal with the change that has occurred over the last 2 years as the company adjusts to customer's changing needs. Our leadership team values the... More

"Consultant"

I worked at Aasonn full-time

Pros

Independent and autonomous, great teamwork / peer support and a lot of client work

Cons

Lack of communication from Upper Management leaves many feeling insecure and in the dark about the business and job security. Consultants are over-utilized and bonus plans are a joke.

Sep 13, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

Our new leadership team understands how important communication is to the success of a company and that is why we have made it such a key objective this year. Some examples include 1:1 meetings with... More

"Figuring it out"

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New executive management, new focus. Deals coming in are profitable

Cons

Change takes time - current process is slow. Internal communication is challenged. Lots of voluntary turn-over.

Sep 12, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. Along with our new team structure, our leadership team at Aasonn has been working hard to put in place a meaningful communication structure that provides key information... More

"The right place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome growth opportunities, open door policy, collaborative environment

Cons

Still in the learning stages which not necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing input from employees at all levels. Employee focus continues to be a driving force in productivity.

Apr 26, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you are enjoying working here. Input and feedback from employees at all levels is always very welcome, keep it coming!

"On the rise"

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am not one who will stick around at a Company where I don't feel respected. At Aasonn, I feel respected. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. There was a rough patch in 2015/early 2016 but that has been turned around with the new management team. Management listens to us and values our opinions. There is change in the air and I feel it is for the better. I am excited to continue to work here for years to come.

A lot of the work is also remote. Aasonn values our time with our families and doesn't expect us to be on the road every week. They want us to enjoy not only our work life but our personal life as well.

Cons

Like any other consulting firm, sometimes it gets a little hectic with a work/life balance. But it is not a constant thing. It flows with the project schedules.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees. The rebuilding of the brand is working.

Apr 26, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you are seeing the value from the changes that have been put in place and are delighted that you are excited about the future with... More

10. "Trending in the right direction"

I have been working at Aasonn full-time

Pros

Executive team is leading through a shared vision & for the first time has employee led strategic initiatives! Focused on being a professional services company and delivering customer success versus a software company. Benefits much improved for 2017.

Cons

Still reshaping the organization to fit the new strategy and vision

Advice to Management

Keep empowering us!

Sep 15, 2017 – Global Director of People Operations

Thanks for the kudos! Our continued emphasis on defining one company, one culture, one vision is really paying dividends for our company and for our team members. Thanks for your ongoing support and... More