Aasonn Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Carroll

Pros
Cons
  • Terrible work life balance due to limited resources and unreasonable expectations (in 9 reviews)

• Many employees have been recently hired but more people are needed to ensure quality work to support the high growth (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best people in the business"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously, the best people in the business work here. I feel fortunate every day to work with this level of talent. I also appreciate the work life balance. Our model of largely remote work allows me to have a life. I was a road warrior in the past and was so over it. Our parternship with SAP is award winning. It makes a difference in the amount and quality of projects we get.

Cons

A ton of change over the last 2 years. It's been painful at times, too much work not enough people resulted in burnout, then overcompensating by overhiring and ultimately having to let people go. The pendulum is settling down now and i think we're on the right track. Our benefits have been improving, I hope to see that continue with even more programs.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people. Our talent is our sweet spot - take care of them!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Aasonn full-time

Pros

Sr staff that cares about the employees.
    Sr staff that is willing to listen to employees about improvements.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Company moving downhill quickly"

Pros

None that I can think of as the company has changed dramatically since January. They need a major overhaul and wake up call

Cons

Political executive team and awful culture. New leadership is inexperienced and does not understand the business. Business is more focused on things besides customer success.

Advice to Management

Make some major changes to your leadership team

"Great people, great management"

Pros

Many changes in the past year have had a positive impact on our culture and morale. Wonderful, knowledgeable colleagues and an excellent executive team is taking the company to a new level.

Cons

Like most small companies benefits are not great but the executive team is listening and making improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great People - Terrible Organization"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Naperville, IL

I worked at Aasonn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a great salesperson and know how to win accounts by making promises about a technology that often does not live up to the hype - you are good to go. This is a 100% sales-centric organization. The good news is there is plenty of work as Aasonn continues to be a valued partner in the SAP eco-system.

Cons

If you work in operations or any other part of the organization - life can be miserable. There is very little effective leadership and consultants are left to figure it out for themselves. Ironically, for a company that sells talent management solutions, there are few development opportunities, learning offerings or support. All efforts to build culture or a cohesive vision or mission have died on the vine. There are no values other than closing the next deal.The company strategy changes monthly. All that said, there are many talented and committed people who work here and I enjoyed my colleagues thoroughly. It is a remarkable shame that great capabilities are limited by ineffective management.

Advice to Management

Develop a plan and execute it.

"Major Improvements"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great changes in the organization. Training opportunities are becoming available for consultants, and cross-training is possible. The company is growing and several large, global projects have been sold and are underway.

Cons

At times, it can be very busy, but our new bonus program compensates us well for all our efforts.

Advice to Management

Continue creating valuable training and keep making work/life balance a high priority

"Terrible leadership and unrealistic work load."

I worked at Aasonn full-time

Pros

Work from home, solid internal systems and knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Management has unrealistic expectations from employees. Many employees work 80-100 hours a week and no vacations in some roles. Quotas are outrageous and compensation is not in line with the demand.

Upper management is fire happy and have laid off many good employees for no good reason, leaving a void with no new clear process in place.

Constant restructuring that leaves the burden on the employees with no clear direction from upper management.

Lack of organization in delivery to clients. Internal employees slow to respond and lack of support for running projects from internal employees.

Unrealistic quotas that set their workforce up for failure.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stay with it. Stop asking so much of your workforce. The quota is 4 x what the rest of the market is and is completely unrealistic and is only setting up your team to fail.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Contracts and Proposals in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Contracts and Proposals in Remote, OR

I worked at Aasonn (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work with adequate equipment supplied.

Cons

Very understaffed. They seemed to be very short sighted, taking one direction, then changing to another without seeing where the first will lead.

Advice to Management

Invest in good people and stick with a program.

"Growing & Evolving Company That Cares"

I have been working at Aasonn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experienced and exceptional Senior Leadership. They know how to grow a business. They care about their employees and do right by them while delivering satisfied customers. The company is making the right adjustments to improve internal processes and fix issues from the past.

Cons

There is a lot happening simultaneously. New client projects are coming fast while needing to support existing clients is a priority as well. So many folks are tied to these processes that this can be challenging to manage.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the team to understand at the ground level where challenges are. Things have definitely improved over the last 12 - 18 months but don't loose sight of what makes this business successful.

"Questionable"

Pros

You will get the opportunity to work with some truly amazing people. The skills and knowledge of the team is without question; exceptional. Unfortunately as of lately, the people are about where the pros end.

Cons

Where to begin, there has been a clear lack of communication company wide for sometime now. This makes it difficult to understand the outrageous requests that are thrust upon you at the last minute and the constant changes in directions. There is way to many cooks in the kitchen and none of them seem to be able to read the recipe nor who we are cooking for.