KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Abacus Credit Counseling Reviews

Updated Oct 29, 2019

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

4.1
Abacus Credit Counseling Chief Executive Officer Laurie Ahart (no image)
Laurie Ahart

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would definitely do it again.

Oct 29, 2019 - Certified Credit Counselor in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Abacus for several years. It was a fantastic job - good pay and benefits, entirely remote work, and very manageable when it comes to maintaining a work/life balance. The owners are very sweet people and excellent bosses.

Cons

The job can get stressful since you are counseling people who are undergoing bankruptcy. You will need to have patience and empathy. There aren't really opportunities for advancement, but you can receive raises and other bonuses.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good work from home position

Apr 23, 2018 - Credit Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's work from home so I do it as a second job on 2 nights and Saturday - The other counselors are friendly. We mostly talk through chat, but it's nice to have that interaction and it's easy to ask questions or share advice - The job has been very stable. I had worked in a part time job where I was paid per interaction and it meant I had to grab the lead first. I like that my pay here is a set amount instead. The company seems to be doing well because there's a steady work flow

Cons

- It's a flat company so there's no real opportunity for promotion or advancement - There's no incentive pay or commissions however there are yearly bonuses

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great work-from-home job

Jun 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a good experience at Abacus. I worked there about 2 years part time when I was finishing my school program. The staff is friendly and I liked doing the job. Happy with the pay. I was actually worried when applying for the job because I hadn't heard of the company, but it seemed like a solid place.

Cons

Little room for advancement beyond customer service.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Job - Nothing More to Say

Oct 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work from home, very convenient. -Management is beyond kind and understanding, best bosses I've ever had. -Pay is great. -The job itself is simple. -They work hard with blogs and email to still create company culture. -Understanding with time off requests and emergencies.

Cons

-Can't advance, but I like the position I have so it's not bad to me. -No paid time off.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Customer Service

Jul 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient to work from home.

Cons

No opportunity to move up as the company is very small. CEO had hired a lot of family members and there was obvious favoritism and talked behind your back. Not a good communicator or honest about reviews. Some people were let go due to performance with no process in place and out of nowhere.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great WFH job!

Jan 7, 2019 - Client Relations Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Stress-free job - Great support from CEO - Customers and Co-workers are friendly - Company pays for certification - Flexible with time-off requests

Cons

- Not enough performance reviews - It's a remote position so hardly any interaction with co-workers - Pay could be better

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just take the $$$

Sep 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well compared to other WAH opportunities

Cons

No room for advancement, family-owned so if one part of management is upset they're all upset

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Financial Counseling

Sep 20, 2012 - Customer Relations Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great pay for at home customer service job - amazing support from all levels of the organization - benefits if working over 20+ hours (don't quote me on that) - STAY AT HOME (can work from anywhere as long as you have a solid internet connection) - recession proof industry as people are always filing bankruptcy - industry relevant certifications paid for by employer

Cons

- can be dealing with very upset customers - irregular hours - almost impossible to advance to next level

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Abacus Credit Counseling Reviews FAQs

Abacus Credit Counseling has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 8 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Abacus Credit Counseling to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Abacus Credit Counseling employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Abacus Credit Counseling. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

85% of Abacus Credit Counseling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Abacus Credit Counseling 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Abacus Credit Counseling to be culture, management, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, career development.