Abacus Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Richard McGee, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fraud Analyst"

I have been working at Abacus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid every week, depending on site location, it is laid back.

Cons

No health insurance, if something happens(i.e whether) you do not get paid for mother nature, no sick days, no paid vacation or holidays. Could be in a temp position anywhere from a month to 5 years with no promotion unless a position is available.

Advice to Management

Allow clients a chance at health insurance, OT, and paid days.

2. "Unknown"

I worked at Abacus full-time

Pros

There was none, worst place to work. Could be used as a stepping stone. If you come with expirence, you won't stay very long.

Cons

There is no HR or handbook. Your are promised many things when hired but after a couple months of working you find out otherwise.
    They expect you to live in the office and be available 24/7. There is no work life balance. No organization, softwares are old. Everytime the company tries something new it is poorly executed with little training or support. Even though this company has been in business 70years, they are failing in today business world with no knowledge with employment or policy.

Advice to Management

Find yourself better upper management staff that are the face of your company. Not talking about your office managers and staff but the ones that oversee them, top level management. Trust your staff and listen to there ideas they are in the field everyday working with employees and your clients. I witnessed top managerst speak to other branch managers with no respect and pure unprofessionalism. Train, educate, and invest in your company. If you continue to operate as usual this company will not be in business another 5 years.

3. "Nothing bad to really say"

I have been working at Abacus part-time

Pros

It is a lot of possibilities for OT

Cons

People always calling out from work

4. "Not a good company"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Abacus part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pretty much bug you to fill in for security officers who've called out.

Cons

No sick time, no vacation time, management has a severe lack of communication with officers.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "It's okay"

Pros

Most of the staff is nice.

Cons

They are disorganized, probably because they are short staffed but it makes it difficult to find employment through their company

6. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Document Scanner in Groveport, OH
    Former Employee - Document Scanner in Groveport, OH

I worked at Abacus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about the temps that work for them.

Cons

There are no cons at all.

Advice to Management

They are supportive

7. "Good Company"

I have been working at Abacus full-time

Pros

Clean warehouse, plenty of overtime(voluntary).

Cons

The benefits could be better.

8. "Worst company you can work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abacus full-time

Pros

Paycheck thats it nothing else

Cons

Unorganized, overworked employees, only one 30min lunch break.

Advice to Management

Keep track of employees clocking in and out. And pay there employee's on time and not give people the run around when they was paid incorrectly do your job and keep track of who is coming in and actually working I worked hard for my money and still haven't received my pay that was owed to me they can find the sheet I signed in on better management

9. "Production analyst"

I worked at Abacus full-time

Pros

Good group of people, morale mattered

Cons

Some people were inflexible, when we were bought by the investment company a lot changed

"I've been given the wrong pay multiple times"

Former Employee - Warehouse Temp
    Former Employee - Warehouse Temp

I worked at Abacus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-it's a job
    - diff shifts

Cons

-count your hours or you WILL get the wrong pay at least ONCE. I've heard this from multiple people as well as having experienced it. screwed up my pay multiple times.
    -overtime? As if, imagine working 50 plus hours and getting a check where all your money goes to taxes somehow? Hey at least you might have $10 extra for those 10 extra hours. That's what happened to me and a select few others, however it may be different for you.
    -i seriously think they hire illegals. hope you can speak Spanish, because if you can't you will be discriminated against in their language. I can't tell you how many times I was harrased by them
    -I've had accounts of incidents where I had been discriminated against by Spanish workers. When I told my manager on duty she told be to deal with it, I spent the rest of the day stuck being harrassed when I could have been working with other people easily with nothing major changed with the task on hand. Oh not to mention it was an overtime day.
    - I hope you like getting laid off without warning. They will not tell you directly you had lost your job, you will be led on.
    -criminals. This place hires tons of people with criminal history.
    -if you have medical emergencies don't work here, they will not accomidate your needs or appointments.(let you take off) However if you have kids you can apparently use those an excuse.
    - girls you have no chance of moving up in this company, sorry. Even if you ask, don't be surprised to see a man take that job even if they are new.
    - don't expect to see your loved ones much they expect you to pretty much live at their company. Hey, for every penny they make off your pay an hour they want what their greedy hands can get.
    -Unequal treatment. I'm not trying to sound rude, but since when does someone who does nothing get a position you asked for while you take on overtime and tons of heavy lifting while they stand their on their phone? Real ethical guys.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they don't take advice or workers input whatsoever.