Abacus Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company!"

Current Employee - Sales in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Abacus is the BEST company I have ever worked for. A+++++ Customer service! Best QC I have ever seen in this business.

Cons

I don't have any complaints

2. "Earn great money without sacrificing the quality of family time."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been a real eye opener working with Abacus. I've been incredibly lucky to work for and learn from two really talented individuals Patrick Kunzi and John Power in my time here. The team is so knowledgeable and honest. I have learned so much working with each and every one I have encountered. If you want to grow and gain from training, encouragement, and honest, constructive feedback, this is the company you want to be with.Friendly staff and Team Leaders, Fast paced environment, Flexible hours; need I say more??

Cons

First six months is really tough; but if you can make it; I can promise you this is a dream job. They are big enough to serve any company but small enough to know their customer in personal level. This job does not require crazy hours to make six figures for sure.

Advice to Management

Working for a sales genius is a challenge - remember the rest of us are only human and have a tough act to follow.

3. "Wow"

Current Employee - Sales in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Naples, FL

I have been working at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great hours
    Great pay
    Great team
    Should have never left

Cons

Hard upfront. You get what you put in

Advice to Management

Sorry to hear about, David

4. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Courseware Developer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Courseware Developer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group and process workthrough

Cons

Some individuals would hold up the process.

5. "Good People, Solid Experience, Solid Pay"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Titusville, FL

I have been working at Abacus Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Got some valuable experience, and the pay was good. The hours were flexible, and they allow teleworking.

Cons

It's a government contractor so if they lose their contract you lose your job. That's what happened to me, but the companies that take over usually take on a large number of incumbent employees. A little slow paced.

"You won't last long"

Former Employee - Sales in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be paid $1,000 per week Salary, not much else though.

Cons

You will last less then 2 months, your just there to provide leads for the other sales people, manager John Power will be nice to you for a month or so then treat you like crap, hoping you quit, if you don't then you will be fired before you start your heath insurance, very dishonest work place, they lie they tell everyone they have stock , which they don't, they just go out and find it and mark it up 30-50% or more.

Advice to Management

Stop being a scum bag.

Aug 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We wish you the very best in your career, Mark. I wish we could simply outsource the work to a call center, it would surely be more cost effective but our customers would not benefit; we believe in... More

"Absolutely horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Naples, FL

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They start you with a decent starting salary and the promise of health benefits. Keep reading because anything possible stops here..................

Cons

Well first of all they treat their employees like dirt, and their customers even worse. They lie and cheat their customers regarding pricing and availability and then you are supposed to keep them engaged so they don't cancel the order. The nice salary they offer you is soon gone when you can't meet their quota guidelines. You can't meet the quota because the management aka the ownership already has the good accounts and you are expected to make something with dog accounts that have been called and pestered to death. And those health benefits they promise you, well they have to be the worst health care coverage(and most expensive) I've ever seen in my life. Did I mention they treat their employees worse than a dog?

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and morals. Stop shafting everyone in site, both employees and customers. Stop lying.

Aug 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Looks like my job is done, "the ownership has all the good accounts"! Our new employees build brand new relationships and help new customers daily. I can honestly say that I have never seen... More

8. "Very Good Contract Employer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Abacus in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on a RSAF contract. Abacus gave us excellent benefits including a great compound and the best medical care. They treated the single guys the same as the married men as far as housing and that was a real plus for me. They also had a good 401K plan. My direct supervisor was a good guy and treated us fairly.

Cons

Some of the upper management was a bit out of it. Abacus lost the contract finally because they weren't up to the task of dealing with the RSAF.

"Stay away from this negative environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fills a space on your resume

Cons

There is no such thing as career advancement
    If your goal is to be the most annoying sales person you can be... this would be the place for you. Managers aren't really managers... they don't coach, teach, guide, or help with strategy

Aug 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We wish you the best in your quest to fill spaces on your resume.

Warmest Regards and Best of Luck in Life.

Patrick Kunzi
    HR Director Abacus

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Abacus Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting base salary for inside sales. Micromanaging actually helps speed up the learning curve.

Cons

Although the base salary is higher than industry standards, I think they do that because it takes a good while to build up a book of business and make some real money in commissions.

Until then, you are completely micromanaged and held under the microscope like no other sales position I've been a part of. However, to be fair, there's good and bad to being micromanaged. The good is that there's constant, immediate feedback on your calls and you learn very quickly. Of course, the bad is that you're suffocated professionally and made to feel bad even if you just get up to get a drink of water or go to the restroom. This is a position where you need to sit at your desk, call, call, call and do nothing else. Everything is monitored and your numbers are reviewed daily and if that wasn't enough, a weekly one-on-one meeting is held to yep, you guessed it, go over your numbers for the week. This is the strictest environment I've ever seen and I actually didn't have a problem with it because I'm a very disciplined person. However, this is NOT for most people and hence the revolving door of new hires they have coming in and out of there.

I could tolerate the constant micromanaging, the requisite updates every hour to our manager on how we were doing 'numbers wise' for the day (it was constant ) and everything else, but the final blow was when I learned that they would actually start taking money out of your weekly pay if you didn't hit your numbers. I've never, ever heard of such a practice and feel that not only is it bad business, but the negative incentive sends a bad message to the employee. I don't remember being told about that during the hiring process and although I was well on my way to hitting my numbers, I know that sales and success in sales can be cyclical. I didn't want my paycheck fluctuating just because it was a bad month or a slow time of the year. With all that, I decided to go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Kudos on the high base salary to get new talent in the door. Train them well and just trust them to do the job you hired them to do. No need for constant brow-beating and micro, micro management. If they're not motivated to make money, then you'll find out soon enough and can get rid of them. As it stands now, people are constantly leaving because the environment is so bad. When you have to ask a managers permission to step outside and take a five minute emergency phone call, then things have gone a little overboard. Relax a little bit. This isn't a bad place to work but it seems that you're trying to make it that way.

And for all things holy, don't dip into a persons paycheck when or if they don't hit their numbers. That's just wrong on so many levels.