KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AbbVie

Is this your company?

AbbVie

Add a Review

AbbVie Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 76 of over 2,686 reviews

4.0
AbbVie Chairman & CEO   Richard A. Gonzalez
Richard A. Gonzalez
1,008 Ratings
Pros
  • "Supportive company that gives great benefits(in 96 reviews)

• "Very good work environment and good benefits(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and with short breaks(in 24 reviews)

• "Upper management not early accessible for young employees(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about AbbVie

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AbbVie and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Aug 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and great company. good communication. Good coworkers.

Cons

Poor upper management. Not great managers. Get to know people

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction, as well as delivering a positive work environment for all. We would like to hear about your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. Feedback may be reported anonymously.

2. 3.0

Good benefits, horrible management

Jan 15, 2021 - Quality Control Analyst in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-good benefits -generous vacation -cash profit sharing bonus

Cons

-the company is extremely cheap and tries to cut costs at the expense of their workers by not supplying them with beneficial resources -for a company of this size and caliber they act like they are a little mom and pop store that has to scramble funds together to hire needed workers -management does not care about their workers enough to do things to fix issues going on beneath them

3. 4.0

R&D job review

Oct 21, 2020 - Senior Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, lots of seminars and learning opportunities, good work-life balance

Cons

low upward mobility and lots of politics

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We believe in continuous learning and development and encourage our employees to be their best personally and professionally. If you would like to talk about your feedback in more detail, please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

4. 3.0

Focus on Patients

Oct 27, 2020 - Manufacturing Technician III
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, big pipeline, pension, employee appreciation

Cons

incompetent people in management, holds engineering degree higher then all others, requires you to do work about over grade prior to compensating you for it, more worried about metrics then improvements.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value our employees’ opinions and appreciate their hard work. If you are willing, we’d like to discuss your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Long Hours and Oldschool Culture

Sep 22, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and bonus structure

Cons

Long hours with no respite. Weekend work is expected. Little opportunity to actually use vacation. Little diversity. Culture has not kept up with the times (work from home is discouraged and employees are being told to return to work during a pandemic). Employees on the coasts move on but employees at the park (home office) are forced to stay because there is very little pharma in the Chicago area. The result is many employees with over 25 years who don’t want change and many incompetent managers.

7 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Protecting our employees’ health and safety is our priority as a limited number of employees return to the office, following state and local guidelines. If interested, please visit https://www.abbvie.com/coronavirus.html to see what steps we’ve taken to protect our employees’ health while in the office. We have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction and wish to learn more about your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to us at HRconnect.northamerica@abbvie.com to discuss your feedback in more detail.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Salary, bonus and stock units

Aug 10, 2020 - Learning Manager in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits and opportunity for all employees

Cons

big company so can get pigeon holed

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Pros

Abbvie is a great company with good benefits but need to evaluate Allergan Waco poor leadership.

Cons

Micromanagement. They do not respect the knowledge of the qualified employees. No growth opportunities in Waco. The management do not follow GMP's. Abbvie, you have too much work to do at Waco.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction, as well as delivering a positive, transparent work environment for all. We would like to hear about your experience in Waco in more detail. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. Feedback may be reported anonymously.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Marketing Manager

May 27, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, they have retirement

Cons

Closed knit culture, you will be unable to pierce the community walls, that would be off limits for an outsider. Outsider could be anyone: a person of color, not the right gender, have a thought outside of the box, management doesn't like them, etc A bit toxic where they will be nice to you on face but won't give career opportunities to grow or advance. Many marketing directors don't have the right background or experience and have done only one or two things in marketing. Or have been with the brand for long enough in sales and are made marketing directors. Some of these Marketing Directors don't know to even read a financial report or simple KPIs, but they get backing from Sr Leadership as they fit their club (white). It's unfortunate but hey that's what they want as a company. If you look at AbbVie's leadership team, there is mostly white men and one or two women. Isn't that something, when non white men and women have not pierced at that level then it also shows why? because no organic encouragement within the company.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction and strive for inclusivity and transparency in order to deliver a safe working environment for all. We would like to hear about your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. Feedback may be reported anonymously.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Very political, not motivating for PhDs from other industries

Jan 15, 2020 - Senior Research Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, overall pay is not bad in the area

Cons

VERY political; beware of saying truth about science; little to no opportunities for Phds from outside to advance; you are only tool to generate data; 80% of Phds from outside left the department where I was; the management profile people from other industries; beware!!!

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would like to hear about your concerns in more detail. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@Abbvie.com. Concerns may be reported anonymously.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Patient -Centric

Jun 19, 2019 - Specialty Sales Representative in Huntington, WV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good immunology pipeline, good benefits, pay

Cons

Number one drug in world losing patent & culture becoming unbearable

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews