KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AbbVie

Is this your company?

AbbVie

Add a Review

AbbVie Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

Found 23 of over 2,687 reviews

4.0
AbbVie Chairman & CEO   Richard A. Gonzalez
Richard A. Gonzalez
1,016 Ratings
Pros
  • "Supportive company that gives great benefits(in 96 reviews)

• "Very good work environment and good benefits(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and with short breaks(in 24 reviews)

• "Upper management not early accessible for young employees(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AbbVie and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

abbvie

Sep 15, 2020 - Administrative Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent car, decent food and hours

Cons

long hours and with short breaks

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Long Hours and Oldschool Culture

Sep 22, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and bonus structure

Cons

Long hours with no respite. Weekend work is expected. Little opportunity to actually use vacation. Little diversity. Culture has not kept up with the times (work from home is discouraged and employees are being told to return to work during a pandemic). Employees on the coasts move on but employees at the park (home office) are forced to stay because there is very little pharma in the Chicago area. The result is many employees with over 25 years who don’t want change and many incompetent managers.

7 people found this review helpful

AbbVie Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Protecting our employees’ health and safety is our priority as a limited number of employees return to the office, following state and local guidelines. If interested, please visit https://www.abbvie.com/coronavirus.html to see what steps we’ve taken to protect our employees’ health while in the office. We have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction and wish to learn more about your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to us at HRconnect.northamerica@abbvie.com to discuss your feedback in more detail.

3. What people are saying about AbbVie

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome job that makes a global remarkable impact

Jun 4, 2019 - Supply Chain Planner in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Salary, Culture, Collaboration, Flexible schedules, work from home, lots of time off, parental leave

Cons

I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non-collaborative. Definitely a huge step up.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Currently an awful place to work at

May 25, 2019 - Data Analyst in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are supportive and creative in instituting "work-around" solutions. Unfortunately, these work-arounds often become permanent because things don't get fixed as they should.

Cons

AWFUL work life balance. No balance at all. Super long hours. Lots of turnover which makes it even harder to find a balance. Study team organization is too complex, and no one knows who to turn to fix things because no one knows who is responsible or things just get pushed around. Not the employees fault, they're just responding to lack of bandwidth, resources, and lack of TRAINING.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good place to learn skillsets and get overview of Industry

May 4, 2019 - Senior Scientist in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Congenial Atmosphere. Great place to learn but limited growth opportunity .

Cons

Quick Timelines and long hours

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good pay but no work life balance

Feb 16, 2019 - Payroll Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, PTO, profit sharing, company is generous with donations to the community.

Cons

Long hours, weekends and holidays may be required to work.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice company, good benefits for family - balance depends on manager

Jun 17, 2016 - Senior Analyst in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here about 4 years and started when the split from Abbott was announced. It's a good company to work for overall - nice people, great benefits, and a decent culture. I took three months maternity leave (I believe it is 8 weeks paid now) and for working mothers, it's fairly good. There is also a great day care on site. The work is always interesting and changing and there is a push towards more communication and transparency.

Cons

Long hours. Work life balance sometimes not great. Projects often not thought out well by management and require a lot of work at the lower levels are pushed through nonetheless. A lot of initiatives to make the company more "lean" means that there is constant push back when no one wants the work.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

BSA

Jan 7, 2016 - Business Systems Analyst in North Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, Very strong loyalty in both directions (management to employees, employees to management), very successful, makes a large positive impact in the lives of many patients, good vacation policy, good mentors, provides engaging and impactful work.

Cons

Culture is more old-school corporate, and despite leadership stressing culture change, they are probably still far away from becoming a very collaborative company. Can be a bit political and territorial. Long hours are more the rule, as opposed to the exception to the rule.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Pros

Excellent medical, dental, vision benefits. Among retirement benefits and vacation. Also flexible schedule which I was able to work 40 hours but can be off on Mondays by working at home. Business casual but on Fridays was Jean day.

Cons

Long hours and challenging work. Stayed at the office for 10 hours and brought work home with me so I wouldn't be finished until midnight and then have to get up at 6 o'clock in the morning to return to the office. Not given the promotion that I was told I would be given for the past several years I was with company.

11. 4.0

Work Hard, Play Hard, Work Hard...Find the balance

Feb 14, 2015 - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AbbVie is growing quickly as a global presence in pharma. There are several opportunities available and more will become available as long as you prove yourself and play well in the sandbox.

Cons

With any organization experiencing this type of growth, there are long hours to put in no matter how much they preach about work life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews