AbbVie Employee Reviews about "long hours"
Updated Oct 30, 2021
Found 72 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
It’s been 6 months since I joined Abbvie and I received a joining bonus of 10k (~8k after tax deductions). Now I plan to switch to other firm and I need to return joining bonus. So will I be liable to pay the actual amount 10k or the amount after tax deductions ~8k to AbbVie ?
Got a burning question about AbbVie? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AbbVie employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Good company and benefits with a company that kept growing" (in 378 reviews)
- "Great people and very interesting" (in 269 reviews)
- "Patient focused and great culture" (in 206 reviews)
- "The Work/Life balance is good" (in 144 reviews)
- "The pay is good if you can manage to get a full" (in 118 reviews)
- "Lack of good leaders, highest follow ups, unhelpful leaders, leaders don't take responsibility, poor management and HR" (in 124 reviews)
- "Managers have no clue on how to manage and create many imbalances and unfair standards and practices." (in 66 reviews)
- "life balance continues to be a challenge despite vocal efforts driven by senior leadership to improve in that area." (in 53 reviews)
- "I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non" (in 42 reviews)
- "Upper management is aware and take no action." (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AbbVie and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
AbbvieMar 4, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company with great potential
long hours Too lean No work life balanceContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Awesome Place to WorkMar 18, 2022 - Associate Scientist II in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
AbbVie has a huge commitment to workplace culture and has some of the brightest people working in R&D. I can’t imagine working anywhere else!
Long hours might be expected by your department (especially if you do not have familial obligations). Be clear about boundaries!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Good Place to Start a CareerFeb 15, 2021 - Associate Scientist IRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best professionals in the field Mentorship available Strong team bonds
Long hours and demanding workload Office politics can be tricky
- Former Intern★★★★★
Great CompanyMay 22, 2022 - Anonymous InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Benefits and fair wages
Long hours and can be hard to commute
- Current Contractor, more than 1 year★★★★★
Contractor at AbbVieJul 13, 2021 - Biologist in Worcester, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Potential for full time and upward movement
Long hours and little to no space for contract employees
We appreciate your feedback. We encourage employees to provide feedback to their managers and other leaders so we can continue to improve. We would encourage you to speak confidentially and share any concerns with your local HR team.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Awesome job that makes a global remarkable impactJun 4, 2019 - Supply Chain Planner in North Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits, Salary, Culture, Collaboration, Flexible schedules, work from home, lots of time off, parental leave
I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non-collaborative. Definitely a huge step up.
- Former Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Good companyMay 19, 2022 - Validation EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Free fruit everyday. Close to bus stop
Long hours and unorganised in general
- Former Employee★★★★★
abbvieSep 15, 2020 - Administrative AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
decent car, decent food and hours
long hours and with short breaks
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
no work life balanceMay 13, 2022 - Associate Director Finance in Abbot, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Big corporation that provides job stability during uncertain economical and political changes
There is no work live balance in finance. Working long hours and weekends is the norm.Continue reading
- Current Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Good place to learn skillsets and get overview of IndustryMay 4, 2019 - Senior Scientist in Redwood City, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Congenial Atmosphere. Great place to learn but limited growth opportunity .
Quick Timelines and long hours