Cover image for AbbVie

AbbVie

Engaged Employer

AbbVie

Add a Review

AbbVie Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jan 26, 2023

3.9
AbbVie Chairman & CEO   Richard A. Gonzalez
Richard A. Gonzalez
1,272 Ratings

What people are saying about AbbVie

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about AbbVie? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AbbVie employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of good leaders, highest follow ups, unhelpful leaders, leaders don't take responsibility, poor management and HR(in 103 reviews)
  • "Managers have no clue on how to manage and create many imbalances and unfair standards and practices.(in 59 reviews)
  • "life balance continues to be a challenge despite vocal efforts driven by senior leadership to improve in that area.(in 50 reviews)
  • "I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non(in 37 reviews)
  • "In the larger organization; however, our group is dismissed and disrespected by our upper management.(in 19 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AbbVie and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company if you work for a good boss.

Jun 17, 2014 - Senior Project Manager in Lake Bluff, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Old company with decent pay. Steady employer. If you screw up - they will still keep you on a lower performance pay but will not take proactive steps to do anything!

Cons

Dog eat dog world in the Corporate IT world. Some of the sr. managers have no clue on what they are doing. They are there because of relationships with Directors and so forth. They have no idea on how to manage the team. No long range planning, no insights. With new culture values, seems like everyone is doing their own thing. Commercial is better

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Testing Resource

Mar 22, 2016 - Testing Resource in Waukegan, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very committed to growing me as an employee. I have received a lot of training that has made me fairly marketable for other jobs.

Cons

In almost 4 years i have not received any pay increase and the prospects of becoming an employee are not great. Even if you pursue becoming an employee it is not a clearly defined path. There aren't any quantifiable things you can do to help the process of becoming hired. You just have to sit and wait. I could easily leave and make double my salary somewhere else, but their commitment to my training as a worker has kept me around.

Continue reading
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 26, 2020 - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of training and available resources along with large quarterly budgets to pay for lunches. If attained quarterly goals, or exceeded them, the bonuses were $10K+

Cons

Many reps on your team and constantly tripping over each other to get into doctors offices to "get a signature"

Be the first to find this review helpful

AbbVie Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback on your experience at AbbVie.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall Positive Experiance

Aug 31, 2022 - Staff Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked there for 5 years. Amazing benefits pay was pretty standard for my position

Cons

While I was there it was hard to get cost of living or annual raises. It might be different now.

1 person found this review helpful