Found 325 of over 10K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Abbott
Hello, I'm looking forward to ask increase next year. The increase itself is around 30% of my current salary. Is it possible to ask that? I'm in the low range right now and the 30% ask is going to average range. My current role: Data Analyst/Power Platform Developer/ BI Developer Current Pay: 68k per year Abbott
Got a burning question about Abbott? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Abbott employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good for a company in a country with an incredibly low bar." (in 818 reviews)
- "Individual Contributors are great people for the most part and really care about their work." (in 454 reviews)
- "The pay here was good and the working hours were normal for the most part." (in 340 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and for initial career stages" (in 234 reviews)
- "Good Culture & Processes" (in 228 reviews)
- "offs and poor management." (in 344 reviews)
- "Program Managers have no clue what they're doing and management chooses to ignore this issue." (in 151 reviews)
- "The hours are long and there seems to be a never ending list of problems to attend to." (in 113 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management are entirely inbred with very little outside experience." (in 100 reviews)
- "Lots of layoffs and re" (in 86 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Abbott and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "leadership"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 14, 2016DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAbbott Park, IL
Great benefits and competitive compensation. Many opportunities for growth and change. Gives back to the community. Executive leadership (Miles White) is one of the best CEO's in the country.
With all of the constant change due to Mergers, Acquisitions and divestitures, Abbott needs to look inward to help employees with organizational change management. The location of the far northern suburbs can be difficult to reach for individuals in downtown Chicago and Western suburbs. Daily commute can be brutal.3
- 1.0Jan 27, 2017ContractorFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
There a significant number of people there that really care.
Leadership in their technology department lacks the ability to provide vision, cohesion, and overall sentiment toward her peers or subordinates. It's amazing that an organization so large can let such lackluster leadership exist at the CXX level. Absolutely amazing. If there is such a thing as the boys club Abbott has created the girls club and it is evident.1