Cover image for Abbott

Abbott

Engaged Employer

Abbott

Add a Review

Abbott Employee Reviews about "manager"

3.8
72% Recommend to a Friend
Abbott CEO Robert Ford
86% Approve of CEO
3.8
Abbott CEO Robert Ford
Robert Ford
1,903 Ratings

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The benefits are good for a company in a country with an incredibly low bar.(in 832 reviews)
  • "Individual Contributors are great people for the most part and really care about their work.(in 452 reviews)
  • "The pay here was good and the working hours were normal for the most part.(in 328 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and for initial career stages(in 235 reviews)
  • "Good Culture & Processes(in 224 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Abbott and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Plymouth, MN
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits and paid time off.

Cons

Long hours at times and have to get managers approval to move to another department.

1. 4.0
        Feb 27, 2018
        Former Employee, more than 3 years
        Abbott Park, IL
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

- My manager was the best manager I've ever had in my years of work experience. It's hard to have such a great manager. - Great benefits, which include 10% profit sharing - Work/Life Balance the corporate finance group that I was in was awesome! I was able to be very involved in employee network groups that Abbott offered - Ability to move around within the company

Cons

- Siloed into a specific area within finance. but this is to be expected with such a huge company - It's difficult to move to some departments if you don't have the experience. For example, moving from manufacturing finance to sales finance (or vice versa) is difficult unless you've had some sales finance experience- but everyone has to start somewhere right? The point of being able to move around within the company is supposed to help employees gain experience in different areas.

2. Join the Abbott team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

191.7K

Automation Engineer

When will illegal medical status discrimination end for employment in 2023/2024?

2 Comments

Project Manager

Those hired/rejected by MBB, how did you get the news after the first round of interviews? Via phone or email? As of now all the comms with HR were through email, so not sure what to expect. Also it has been >1 weeks since...🫠McKinsey & Company Boston Consulting Group Bain & Company

4 Comments

Manager

I recently did a phone interview and it went well. A week later, I get an in person interview with HR. They let me know I will be hearing back from them shortly. On linked in, the position I applied for opened back up, is this a sign that they decided to not hire me? I’ll be reaching out soon. But just got me disappointed.

2 Comments

Glassdoor has 9,767 Abbott reviews submitted anonymously by Abbott employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Abbott is right for you.