Aberdeen Group Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Aberdeen Group CEO Gary Skidmore
Gary Skidmore
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Tremendous flexibility and accommodating of work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible work hours/work from home policy (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • A CEO who spends the resources to produce a video in which he discusses the new Harte-Hanks logo and brand change, but then decides it (in 8 reviews)

• confusing relationship with parent company (in 8 reviews)

"New company that is growing the team and building a good culture."

Current Employee - Bisiness Development Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Bisiness Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Provides the tools necessary to do your job well. Outstanding people and it's becoming more of a fun place to work.

Cons

There are growing pains as a new company, with the break off from the old parent company. Patience is important but they are proving to be people of their word.

"Lots of transition, but lots of opportunity - fast-paced with committed Management team"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management has been upping their level of communication with the larger pool of employees, especially in the areas of communicating their strategic objectives for the year as well as developing plans and communicating how we are going to tackle these objectives. It's been consistent and to me has made a big change in the day-to-day vibe around the office. We all know what we are expected to contribute and what's needed - I like the clarity of direction and the transparency.

Cons

Transition is good and bad - I personally am motivated by it - to me, it means opportunity. However, there's been turnover in Sales that has been caused by this transition (as our business objectives have changed and we've started selling different mixes of products to the market and redefined who we are). If you aren't comfortable in an environment that's fluid - this might not be the place for you - but I really like the changes I've seen - so I'm staying put.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication - it's fostering the development of a better culture and a better place to work day-to-day.