Aberdeen Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aberdeen Group CEO Gary Skidmore
Gary Skidmore

Pros
  • Tremendous flexibility and accommodating of work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work hours/work from home policy (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • A CEO who spends the resources to produce a video in which he discusses the new Harte-Hanks logo and brand change, but then decides it (in 8 reviews)

• confusing relationship with parent company (in 8 reviews)

1. "Opportunity Knocking"

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting market position with a chance to change the company and the space in general. Marketing increasing, new product coming and lots of new faces are helping shape the business for the future. Definitely a strong work life balance, but you need to be careful that everyone is reminded this business needs to be in growth mode and not just providing a lifestyle. Great benefits...

Cons

Lots to figure out, new product, new challenges and with a long history, need to really be up for the task. Management is supportive and understanding for the most part and is balancing how much change can be handled by the business and employees.

Advice to Management

Build out Marketing and execute the Product Launch and needed updates on both existing and the new products as the market demands and the rest will take care of itself.

"Here We Go!!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aberdeen has transformed (and continues to transform) into the company I had envisioned when I started. It was a long road, but building great things isn't easy. Excited beyond words for 2017

Cons

We still have a little ways to go.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team in a positive way. They'll respond in a positive way.

"Learning to fly again......"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly smart team. Two service assets being successfully transformed into a revolutionary product right now. Small, agile, aggressive, winning atmosphere that cannot be touched by larger firms. An awesome, well recognized, world renowned brand. Loyal and very happy customers. A great company to work for.

Cons

Regardless of how much we grow, we will stay an entrepreneurial organization and that may not be for everyone. All departments within the organization need to focus and be fully accountable for revenue creation, not always just sales.

Advice to Management

Double down where we know we can be successful. Don't get distracted. Stay focused. Continue to aggressively and proactively distinguish ourselves from others in the market and proactively attack competition until we win. Stay extremely nimble in such a competitive atmosphere.

"Content Provider"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is not going anywhere.

Cons

Management needs to understand better the needs of there clients

Advice to Management

Understand they cant relay on the fact they have ben in business for 25 years, and have 25 years of data. They need to earn their reputation back.

"American Horror Story"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pizza lunch once a month. Great location for running. Nice people for the most part.

Cons

Leadership is utterly incompetent. Absolutely no transparency and people are expected to produce at all costs. If you think you are joining reputable analyst firm, those days are long gone. This place is a content factory that produces fluff written mostly by people who have little to know practical experience in the the areas they cover. People are not screened properly, nepotistic, command and control leadership and the company is bleeding talent! Miserable place to work.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people and be open and honest.

"Senior Research Associate"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous flexibility and accommodating of work/life balance. Open environment with full accountability - this is not a company where people can hide and do nothing like passing emails back and forth and count that as actual work; EVERYONE is benchmarked openly and fairly and having worked in many companies where people make careers doing nothing, that level of accountability is greatly refreshing and pushes everyone to equally work harder. Close knit, team-environment

Cons

Redundant processes and duplication - streamlining could be improved. Disjointed or siloed divisions (between content vs. data) - the two business units do not leverage each other enough. Hyper-driven by sales to a point where the products sometimes seem to be second class to sales itself. Not a fan of working in Waltham (office used to be in Boston's Seaport district).

Advice to Management

Improve operations workflows and training around survey process. Streamline processes better, where able

8. "Great opportunity at a great place"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going environment, lots of demand for the products, they let you fail

Cons

Still getting the two separate business to gel

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the company. Focus on Boston?

"Is FUD your thing?"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If we figure out what we are doing with our products, how to merge the companies across the coast and pond, and how we go to market, there is some high reward to go with high risk, given many more tenured employees have left. If you are a high-performer, you seem to be left alone. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Entire company under great stress to perform better. Interesting to see 1 star or a 4/5 employee reviews, nothing in between. Not much transparency, which adds stress and uncertainly to future. Very little new hire training (could be a pro), so you need to find a way.

Advice to Management

I really don't know.

10. "High growth company with exciting career opportunities."

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Diversity, technologically-advanced, good salary, good benefits." “High growth company with exciting career opportunities.

Cons

Undergoing growing pains as it transitions from a larger company to a smaller, but it has benefits as well so it not really a con

Advice to Management

Keep blazing trails and constantly encourage openness and honesty from your team.

"Great people but too much turbulence"

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time

Pros

The people who work there are great and welcoming. Plus, great location right at the lovely waterside Seaport in Boston.

Cons

Too much turnover (from unexpected layoffs to great employees leaving for vetted pastures) and a lack of a solid product.

Advice to Management

Settle on what the products will actually be, so the salespeople know what they're doing and marketers know what they're marketing.