Ableton Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2019

4.7
Ableton CEO Gerhard Behles
Gerhard Behles
  1. "Amazing company, incredible leadership, inspiring work"

Former Employee - Sales Support Agent in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ableton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ableton really cares about their employees and their work/life balance. I felt super lucky and thus spoiled landing this job right out of school. Even as a customer support agent, there's always opportunity to take on extra curricular projects and initiatives towards the company's missions, goals, and objectives. You aren't just a number at this company; you will always be met with respect and feel valued. This is simply one of the best music software companies to work for. I was only met with support and encouragement when I decided to leave my position to pursue another career path, and that was really the icing on the cake for my outlook on this company.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Ableton2019-06-28
  2. "Great comapny to work for"

I worked at Ableton full-time

Pros

Nice people. Good benefit & vacation

Cons

Parking is hard in downtown Pas

Ableton2019-04-09

"Wonderfully challenging work."

I have been working at Ableton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* It's not publicly traded. * It cares about and for the people working there * it encourages you to grow personally and professionally * it supports you in taking ownership of things * it's mostly bottom up in short to mid term decision making * it's a place where your colleagues will thoroughly test your ideas but will gladly help you get the one that works best for as many people, done right. * It doesn't promote egoistic, loud and aggressive tactics for "advancing" your career * It chooses who could flourish at and also benefit from working at the company, very carefully.

Cons

* It's timid. Sometimes the fear of making a wrong decision is bigger than trying things out. * Meetings about making a decision can split into more meetings about the same. A little heavy on the bureaucracy side.

Ableton2019-08-29

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

Great people, great mentality, great products

Cons

No cons at all, for real

Ableton2019-06-10
  5. "awesome company with products to be proud of"

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

- a lot of benefits such as a dog friendly office, flexible working hours, Friday social events - the company has a great reputation and amazing products - roles and positions can be shaped by oneself - very humble Marketing approach - and very humble founders

Cons

- slow decision making - divided offices in Torstrasse and Schoenhauser Allee

Ableton2019-06-01

"Good head and good heart"

I have been working at Ableton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ableton is an innovative and caring music technology company. They're dedicated to making instruments that make a difference to musicians and they invest genuinely back into music culture. It's a supportive environment where mistakes or failures are seen as a chance to learn and grow. I find my colleagues to be incredibly good at their own jobs and great people to hang out with. There are often chances to hang out socially and exchange with people from different departments. Working hours are flexible depending on the department and individual employee, and work/life balance is valued very highly. Plus you get to work in the music tech industry for one of the leading companies right now and make stuff for contemporary musicians, which is really fun. In terms of company culture, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one; they really care about their employees.

Cons

The decision making process is a little laborious at times. Transparency can be hard to achieve between the hundreds of staff and I think we are still figuring out how to manage interactions between offices. Occasionally there can be a disconnect between senior management and what is actually happening day-to-day in a department which causes some disagreement on tactical direction. I don't think they offer competitive pay rates. Having said all of this, I would have no troubles talking to HR or a senior manager about any of these issues.

Ableton2017-09-25

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Member of People+Finance unit

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

+ impressive growth opportunities: continuously improving inhouse-trainings; learning mindset (seeing occassional failure/errors as an opportunity to learn instead of playing the blame-game); great support of individual development + creative leeway and development of one's own position: in case motivated to do so, there are no boundaries to bring up and push forward your own ideas of improvement and shape what work is done and how it is done, the smartest idea wins; as the company grows, there are great opportunities to develop your own professional role + diversity & valuing diversity: very international employees from many different backgrounds lead to diverse perspectives, from which one can learn; diversity is valued and open-minded collaboration the standard work mode + great company culture: the working environment is fantastic (inclusion of employees in company decisions/development, spirit among employees, feedback culture, company events)

Cons

- applicable vision & strategy: more applicable vision and strategy are still work-in-progress; currently I'd see the major challenge in how company vision & strategy can be used to derive/affect functional strategies - salaries: salaries seem to be below average for a given position; however, one may use his/her creative leeway and growth opportunities to reach better levels through developing into a better position

Ableton2015-07-19

"Unbelievably talented people, management team not mature yet"

I worked at Ableton

Pros

Every one of the 100+ people I worked with was dedicated, passionate, amazing at their job, intelligent, and pleasant to be around. Maintaining a work-life balance was wonderfully easy, nobody really cared how or when you worked, as long as they were happy with your results. Need to stay home because of sickness/children/repairman, no problem, no counting of days/hours. Everyone was treated as an adult, not watched like a hawk to see if they were abusing free time. A great amount of freedom provided to grow into your position and master your profession. It really feels like being part of a family. Improvement culture reaches all levels of the company. Case in point, most of the cons listed below are known by management and are being improved upon. Regardless of the cons mentioned below, I would work there again in a heartbeat.

Cons

A very thick glass ceiling, don't expect to have much classic career progression other than towards mastering your chosen profession. This can also be seen as a pro, as there is no jockeying for positions. Lack of management maturity, but constantly improving. Not very good internal HR (great recruiting), although there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel recently. Decision making still too centralized, and swings from being way too fast to way to slow, although this was also improving. Change is slow, but getting faster. Salaries are low, even for Berlin.

Ableton2014-12-27

"Process, not product"

I have been working at Ableton

Pros

Open, relaxed environment No feeling of management looking over your shoulder Good espresso machines Many very talented employees A lot to learn as a developer

Cons

Too relaxed No career path Bogged down in process and management No risk or innovation Impossible to make the smallest change Horrible HR

Ableton2014-12-11

"Proud of being part of a great company"

I have been working at Ableton part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Many companies claim it but this company truly offers a risk-free environment. Expertise is respected and the best argument wins. 2. Smart workforce, interesting projects and passionate customer focus. 3. You can make your own Ableton. Ableton is open to various career paths and offers autonomy once you've demonstrated that you can master a subject.

Cons

Ableton is now - at the time this review is written - a medium-sized company with approximately 200 employees. Neither too big, nor too small. This is great in many ways but - especially against the backdrop of the rapid growth - this also comes with challenges. They are still experimenting with the best organizational set-up and their team/skill building is still in its infancy. However, this is not so bad as it may sound: They know it and are working hard in both respects. And who wants a job with no challenges?

Ableton2014-09-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 17 reviews