Abrazo Community Health Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Definitely a small hospital feel--the staff feels like family (in 3 reviews)

• I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration and upper management are very numbers driven and do not listen to clinical managers and the needs of the individual clinics (in 3 reviews)

• They do not support cross training which makes coverage very very hard (in 2 reviews)

"Friendly, professional hospital which truly cares about there patients"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great Compa ny to work for. They consistently promote from within and are very forward thinking company in regards new technology and recruitment. There hospitals are one of the best in AZ, short wait times, great staff and very freindly to patients.

Cons

Has issues establishing their Corporate name Abrazo here in AZ. Vanguard aquired several currently operating hospitals in the Valley which already had established names. When the were aquired Abrazo added their corp name to each hospital such as Abrazo PV Hospital. Now after two years still the brand hasn't caught on.

Advice to Management

Keeping pushing the brand name to the Valley. Sponsor local events to promote brand to valley....

"Love it!"

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Abrazo Scottsdale (Paradise Valley Hospital) for several months and I come to work knowing that I have an awesome set of coworkers and a manager who cares about me!

Cons

It is smaller so not as many people to do the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Employee Health"

Current Employee - Employee Health
    Current Employee - Employee Health

Pros

Great community hospital
    Excellent administration that cares for all employees
    HR manager treats all employees fairly and helps with the retention
    Excellent staff that cares for patients
    Robust Volunteer community
    Best cafeteria food
    Ample employee parking

Cons

Pediatric inpatients are sent out to another facility

Advice to Management

Thank you for all your hard work.

"Remarkable Community of Caregivers!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Paradise Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development in Paradise Valley, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network (Less than a year)

Pros

The administration team of the CEO, CFO, CNO, and Chief HR director have changed the atmosphere with their leadership and innovative techniques. Leaders from the entire hospital meet daily to give a full spectrum of what is going on in all areas of the hospital. It is turning the reputation we had years ago around and showing our community how we have become a better functioning community facility with a team that cares. I see how leaders as well as the caregivers deliver on our mission and vision to patients and their families.

Cons

The only con is that at times there are not enough to hands on deck where needed. Most hospitals suffer from shortage, the good thing is that we are are looking for other caring providers to add to our team.

"Abrazo Scottsdale Campus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small hospital feel in a big city. Great quality and safety. Strong focus on creating a great work environment for staff, doctors, and patients. Strong, approachable leadership team.

Cons

Old community perception of the hospital from several years ago; it is much improved now.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to the negative voices. This is a great hospital and the community is starting to take notice.

6. "Nursing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The Administrative and Leadership team members are top notch! They are working to enhance the image of the hospital, transform the culture in the organization, and create a positive work environment for all employees.

Cons

There are some challenges with limited funding sources for capital and equipment.

Advice to Management

Great organization to work for!! Look forward to the future.

7. "Wonderful Place to Work!!!"

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time

Pros

I have been with Abrazo for two years now and couldn't think of a better place to work. Administration takes the time to listen each day to what the employees are saying. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and physician satisfaction are all the top priorities for this organization. Sure, nursing staff is a major need within Abrazo, but they have a plan and are working to fill the gap. I couldn't be happier with this organization and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Need to do a better job with community perception. This is really a great place to work, we just need to let everyone know about it!

8. "An excellent company with Hi quality service to patients and staff. Services are state-of-the-art and revolutionary."

Current Employee - Maintenance in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can only speak for the facility I work at. Excellent communication between team members with Competitive salaries with room to grow.

Cons

Nothing that stands out. But I guess there seems to be some high turnover in certain departments like materials management and housekeeping, but that's to be expected I guess.

9. "Up and coming!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow! Nurses are supported, trusted and loved

Cons

No covered parking for staff

Advice to Management

Covered parking for ataff

"Here 5 years and happy!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The coworkers and staff are great- a very talented group of people. I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally.

Cons

A previous bad reputation continues to follow us, though many of those things have been changed. Abrazo's future is very bright- there are lots of good things happening here!