Abrazo Community Health Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Definitely a small hospital feel--the staff feels like family (in 3 reviews)

• I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration and upper management are very numbers driven and do not listen to clinical managers and the needs of the individual clinics (in 3 reviews)

• They do not support cross training which makes coverage very very hard (in 2 reviews)

1. "Patient Care Tech"

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time

Pros

offers Overtime if there's available

Cons

pay is low, needy colleagues, micro-management

2. "Provide good community service"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an employee of Abrazo Health Network, you are a part of an organization that truly attempts to be visible, be involved and help the community.
    The wages are very competitive with other hospital organizations...maybe the highest paying.
    12hr days in most departments allow for much needed time off, less trips to work and a more thorough day with your patients.
    It's a large network with hospitals, freestanding Emergency Departments and facilities across the country; which allows for relocation if needed and resources from other areas and demographics.
    There is a family feel within the facility. It is very easy to get to know people inter-departmentally.

Cons

Like any hospital, it runs 24/7/365
    It is a network system, but each facility and department has a great deal of autonomy and operate very differently from site-to-site
    Many of the practices are lacking official written Policies and/or Procedures
    The end employee usually doesn't have a voice throughout the organization
    Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Continue the great things that are being done and the helpful services being provided by the organization, while giving attention to and improving the few shortcomings that makes a difference in the lives of the employees as well as the people they serve.

3. "Up and coming!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow! Nurses are supported, trusted and loved

Cons

No covered parking for staff

Advice to Management

Covered parking for ataff

4. "Mixed up messy company"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There are a lot of fellow employees who are hopeful to help improve the company. Decent pay and okay insurance as long as you stay within Abrazo.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations without providing the proper tools to execute said expectations. Administration and upper management are very numbers driven and do not listen to clinical managers and the needs of the individual clinics. There are a lot of demands without any explanation as to why they are important. Roles of what each employee does are not clear. They do not support cross training which makes coverage very very hard. PTO allotment is pathetic. Very poor at recognizing accomplishment and team efforts. Very little room for advancement. Pathetic training process, seems like a sink or swim type of mentality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your clinic managers!!!!!! If you want advice on how to implement improvements, seek out your employees who work directly with patients. Formulate across the board work flows and a better training process.

5. "Depends on the facility. Some Materials personal do more of the foot work they others depending on the Director."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large corporation that one can grow with the company. I have worked my way up & watched others blossom as well.

Cons

Salaries are not very competitive, while they are trying to step it up. It would depend on the need of a position and the hospital .

Advice to Management

Look into the different facilities & see how each are run differently. Some people are expected to do more physical labor on then others and still have more responsibility.

6. "Good place to work. Good pay. Getting better every year."

Current Employee - RN Operatin Room
    Current Employee - RN Operatin Room

Pros

I have been here 5 years. Management has improved ten fold. People are good to work with. Pay is competitive and good.

Cons

It is a for profit company. Still developing but overall they have made huge improvements.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Occasionally we have had issues with management being deceiving.

7. "Patient Access Representative"

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network part-time

Pros

Good hours and good pay

Cons

No set hours, always short staff

"I loved it!"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I liked the work that I did. The location was great. Most of my fellow colleagues were nice, hardworking people.

Cons

Benefits could be better. Since it was bought by Tenet, I've heard the working environment is much worse. It's a large for-profit company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what people are doing.

"Lots of Room to Grow"

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Expanding care options to the community

Cons

Pay not competitive, lack of communication between management and employees, HR departments do not hire individuals who have beliefs, values, and goals that match those of the organization.

Advice to Management

If you engage in open and honest communication with your team, treat them well, and give them respect they will reciprocate. High turnover rates, staff behavior issues, and overall employee dissatisfaction could all be alleviated if we had more leaders and less managers. And when employees are satisfied so are the patients.

"RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that my Scottsdale Campus is small local hospital and everybody knows everybody. We are working hard on all kind of improvements and the changes are seen on daily basis. They are very dynamic. Coworkers nice. Management nice.

Cons

Computer system is slow, many issues with jt. Lack if enough computers ( working ones) almost every shift now. Unable to pass meds in timely manner. New furniture in rooms too bulky, difficult for staff and visitors to move around, like playing Tetris, constantly moving them around.