Abrazo Community Health Network "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Abrazo Community Health Network Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.1
Pros
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "Definitely a small hospital feel--the staff feels like family(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Administration and upper management are very numbers driven and do not listen to clinical managers and the needs of the individual clinics(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Worked at Abrazo full-time for a little over 5 years."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The front line staff had a true sense of team work and effective communication.

Cons

Effective communication, honesty and cross-training with upper management was always an on-going concern. Each year, there was constant upper management turnover; employee would become aware of these changes through the "grape vine."

Abrazo Community Health Network2014-02-07

"Mixed up messy company"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of fellow employees who are hopeful to help improve the company. Decent pay and okay insurance as long as you stay within Abrazo.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations without providing the proper tools to execute said expectations. Administration and upper management are very numbers driven and do not listen to clinical managers and the needs of the individual clinics. There are a lot of demands without any explanation as to why they are important. Roles of what each employee does are not clear. They do not support cross training which makes coverage very very hard. PTO allotment is pathetic. Very poor at recognizing accomplishment and team efforts. Very little room for advancement. Pathetic training process, seems like a sink or swim type of mentality.

Abrazo Community Health Network2017-07-26

Abrazo Community Health Network Response

September 28, 2017Human Resources

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with management and HR. Our employees' happiness and success is of utmost importance to us.

3. "BEWARE...Market Downsizing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay, Open Door Policy, Staff.

Cons

Downsizing!!! Tenet Health Care acquired Abrazo in October 2013 and ever since, there has been layoffs and other means to save cost. I work at the Phoenix Regional Office and I have seen staff (some of who were my favorite people) get laid off. Positions have been eliminated, recruitment cannot hire as many staff because positions are now on hold, and they even took away our 401K match! They made it seem like we were doing great as an organization and that things were looking up, especially since Tenet has taken over, but we received notice that we were not receiving our 401K match at the beginning of 2014. It is obvious that things are not looking good, especially since the CEO is leaving the company. When the acquisition took place in October 2013, the CEO stated, "Don't worry, it will be business as usual. I will relay any new information once I receive it. I am in the dark just like you." Yeah right...a bunch of garbage!! The CEO's, VP's and all other upper management knew what was going to happen, they just chose not to tell us "non-important" folks.

Abrazo Community Health Network2014-02-27

"Quite Disorganized and little to no communication"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There are some really good people who work here - mainly at the staff level.

Cons

-Poor communication -Mismanagement abound - "flavor of the moment" management when they can't even get the basics right -Constant fear of the financial swings and when the next round of layoffs will be -Pay is not competitive with the market -CONSTANT upper management turnover -The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing

Abrazo Community Health Network2014-01-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews