Absolut Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Israel Sherman

1. "CNA"

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in West Memphis, AR
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in West Memphis, AR

I have been working at Absolut Care (More than a year)

Pros

Caregiver work their own hours

Cons

Need to start paying caretakers for mileage

2. "Cna"

Former Employee - CNA in East Aurora, NY

Pros

Weekly pay, overtime, the residents

Cons

Unstaff, overworked, nurses expect you to be a superhero

3. "Dietary supervisor"

Current Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Absolut Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resident are lovely and a pleasure to work with. Staff if friend and goes that extra mile to help out residents

Cons

Management need to learn how to show the employees that they are appreciated. Compensation for amount of work done by employees need to be addressed by management

Advice to Management

Care more about the employees

"Nursing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Absolut Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great nurses and aides but in the minority

Cons

Management does not care about you or your skills only that they have a warm body to fill a spot, no training or very little, no Kudos for a job well done, rather have drones than highly skilled nurses, will not promote anyone who may be a threat to their own position because believe it they should not be in management, childish, ignorant and highly unqualified running the ship.

Advice to Management

You will never raise the bar and the quality of your care without raising the qualifications and appreciation of your staff. You will always be short staffed and sub standard as long as those you have given the reins to remain.

"Absolut-ly Deplorable"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Absolut Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Majority of staff are amazing, very dedicated to the residents. The pay is one of the highest in the area. The new administrator is really working hard to turn the place around and appreciates the staff.

Cons

The staffing is horrid, never reprimanded for being late or not showing up, calling in several times a week/month. They have even gotten agency in and are still short staffed, to the point where it is dangerous to the residents. The bullying is awful and everywhere in the building and is causing good staff to leave. The food is inexcusably unacceptable, the smell of the kitchen is nauseating and smells like it needs to be demolished and rebuilt. All of this stems from upper management. The new administrator is great but just started making better changes. There is no orientation or teaching, we are thrown to the wolves in every situation possible. The DON and both ADON need to be fired, they are the worst bullies there and are no asset to this company. They are the first to through the staff under the bus and put our license in jeopardy to cover themselves. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here, nor to be a resident here.

Advice to Management

Say thank you to your good staff, reward them instead of nit-picking everything that is wrong. Follow through with policies in place with staffing, verbal and written warnings when people are late or don't show up or call in more then once a month. Hold an effective communication inservice, specifically to the DON and ADONs, and teach them how to be transformational leaders. Educate staff about special circumstances for a resident before they arrive so they are better prepared. Fill rehab unit with actual rehab patients.

7. "Too much negativity creates a toxic environment"

Current Employee - Mayor in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Mayor in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Absolut Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

99% of the staff are fantastic, committed to their work, and genuinely care about the people they are helping,

Cons

Poor training, poor leadership, poor morale, short-staffed - will do anything to fill a bed, no matter the cost

Advice to Management

Get it together unless you like making peoples lives miserable

8. "Unpleasant and Unfullfilling place to work"

Former Employee - A/R in East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - A/R in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Absolut Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Offers health insurance, 401K, vacation time, personal time and some fun holiday celebrations. The Business Office staff works closely with the other employees at the home office.

Cons

A/R - No matter how much effort you put in you will not be rewarded but rather given more work than you can handle just to be criticized for not completing the work in what they consider a reasonable time frame. Compensation is less than adequate and there is little room for advancement. The managers are always too busy to help with anything so you are forced to figure problems out on your own. If you put something aside because you have no one to assist you; it becomes your fault for not bringing it to their attention right away even though you did. . You cannot trust anyone there. I have never worked for a place that makes you feel unheard and extremely uncomfortable. The amount of people that would just assume turn on you than to help you is astounding no matter how dire a situation is or was. Also anytime you are out of the office for more than a day none of your work has been touched and becomes your problem is anything is late or overlooked. I truly had a difficult time coming up with any positive comments. Overall I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Get all new managers. Listen to your employess so you have less turnover. The managers need to take ownership of their own work at times instead of pushing it onto the already overwhelmed employees. If something is not changed you will not longer have staff that are willing to work for or with you.

9. "Awful"

Former Employee - CNA in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Absolut Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice working with the residents and some of the coworkers were great.

Cons

They don't follow protocol for anything; I was appalled when I started training and they weren't using gloves to help clean residents after they went to the bathroom. They expect you to do everything by the books except that's physically impossible because they don't hire enough people. Some days there were only 2 CNAs for our floor, which meant we were somehow supposed to get ~35 people "properly" ready for breakfast in about an hour. If a resident didn't want to wake up early or go downstairs for a meal they made them go anyway, even though they told us that we had to let the residents do what they wanted. Employees usually didn't use the assisted lifts correctly because there weren't enough people to help with them. I feel so sorry for everyone at this facility - both for the employees that are overworked & underpaid and for the residents that are suffering because of it. I would never let my family come here.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and pay them what they deserve.

10. "maintenace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

I worked at Absolut Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working around the residents

Cons

The ability to grow is not there

11. "Cook"

Current Employee - Cook in Dunkirk, NY
    Current Employee - Cook in Dunkirk, NY

I have been working at Absolut Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to be around
    Pretty easy work
    Health insurance
    Union

Cons

Hours for night cook aren't so good