Absolute Exhibits Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2020

3.3
Absolute Exhibits CEO Todd Koren (no image)
Todd Koren
  1. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Absolute Exhibits full-time

Pros

The team at HQ is a great group. We have a fun time together for the most part. If you do your job nobody really has any complaints. Sometimes someone comes through who thinks they’re God’s gift but that kind of arrogance doesn’t tend to last long because we’re all trying to work hard as a team to succeed. Management really does listen to our concerns so policies are adaptive. I like the open door policy.

Cons

I’m not the biggest fan of some of our new technology.

"Money Hungry Sharks"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time

Pros

Fight or Flight mentality, you will learn how to function on your own.

Cons

They do not pay their employees what they are worth. They will make false and empty promises of a large commission pay out that will never come. They are money hungry and treat their employees like garbage. They will yell and scream at you if you let them and pull you into a vicious cycle that only repeats itself over and over again. In addition to the poor employee morale and treatment, they also view their clients as expendable. Their lack of respect for them, their business, and their money is appalling. Their need for bad mouthing and gossip is incessant. DO NOT work here. Their reputation in the events industry is garbage

"They owe money to their employees and all suppliers"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are toxic people and an even more toxic environment.

Cons

They are worse people on this planet. They talk bad on another's back. They don't treat their employees right. They always yield and also use horrible verbiage. Even clients hate working with this company. The worse environment place to work. Horrible Dishonest Manipulators Own people even in Europe.

"Great Company to work for"

I have been working at Absolute Exhibits full-time for more than a year

Pros

High pace, great atmosphere, great team building.

Cons

None I can think of at the moment

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Absolute Exhibits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company, good benefits Pay is excellent Chill environment Friendly staff Work/life balance with every other Friday off Lots of opportunity to travel

Cons

Sometimes long hours on our short weeks

"Dishonesty, Greed, Poor management."

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The trade show industry is busy offers amble work. This is beneficial for hourly employees and union labor.

Cons

There are many issues here not the least of which is the irresponsible attitude of the CEO. As explained in other reviews here and elsewhere cursing and directing slurs toward employees is common place, also noted in previous reviews is the withholding of paychecks. This is certainly unsettling and could be understood if the company was in serious financial trouble but there is no evidence to support that. I participated in the company’s retirement plan for approximately a year, the money was withdrawn from my check but never deposited to the appropriate account. When I asked what exactly was going on I was misdirected or simply not answered at all. After contacting the Department of Labor I was assured that not only were these and other payments late but that the company has not filed the correct tax forms pursuant to this retirement plan. Any current and former employees dealing with these issues and seeking to resolve them anonymously can contact the DOL, Los Angeles office. Regarding day to day operations as a member of the Engineering (Detailing) department the biggest issue was that of foreign labor. Both the design and engineering departments are predominately staffed in Romania where employees are paid a small fraction of a reasonable wage for the respective positions.

Continue reading

"Makes Hell look like a trip to Disneyland - All of the positive reviews are fake"

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time

Pros

Free tap water No annual bonuses to worry about No performance reviews No professionalism The owners of the company forced many of the employees to write positive reviews on Glassdoor, all of the reviews are fake. This is a family owned company that is not open to hearing any outsider opinions.

Cons

Micromanagement Constant yelling and screaming Toxic culture No trust in the employees Healthcare benefits plans that are nonexistent

Continue reading
  8. "Good place to work for the most part"

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time

Pros

Travel to different shows all across the country

Cons

Can be stressful environment at times.

"Creative Designer"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Creative Designer in Tustin, CA

I worked at Absolute Exhibits full-time for less than a year

Pros

All departments work together. Everyone works together to accomplish whatever tasks are at hand. Even the CEO will stay late and work with his team. I felt very valued there. It's a family company in every way.

Cons

Same stuff as anyplace else. It's always difficult to ask for a raise, but they do appreciate the people there and will work with you.

"Employee"

2.0

I have been working at Absolute Exhibits full-time

Pros

Fairly Competitive Wages for the Industry.

Cons

Excessive control by upper management (Micromanagement). Verbally abusive environment.

Found 23 reviews