Abstrakt Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2018

4.3
Scott Scully

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Abstrakt gives you everything: Leadership, training, resources, opportunities for advancement, benefits, passion, and a very clear path to success" (in 9 reviews)

• "I have worked at Abstrakt Marketing Group for several years and take a lot of pride in that" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no Cons with Abstrakt" (in 11 reviews)

• "You never get to have a work life balance" (in 4 reviews)

"PPM"

Current Employee - Partner Performance Manager
    Current Employee - Partner Performance Manager

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is awesome, team outings, drink cart and food trucks on Fridays. Definitely recommend if you're looking to learn and make some things happen right off the bat

Cons

The Landing has room to improve but its definitely on the move and will be much different within the next year

Advice to Management

The improvements I've seen in the past year have been very impactful and I think the ones discussed at the company meeting will continue to positively help our company and its processes

"Creatives & Environmentalists Beware"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will build great friendships and with the great people on your team.

Cons

• Make sure you negotiate your salary for the amount you really want. The recruiter will tell you that they do raises every 6 months, it's not true.

• Disappointingly wasteful. A company size of nearly 300 employees that made $19.5 million in annual revenue last year told me that they don't recycle anything besides paper "due to the costs." They throw away everything out of convenience and it shows that they only care about cutting costs to save money.

• They will try to take advantage of you to try to get you to do more advanced work than you were hired for with no extra pay.

• Don't take any promotion promises. If you deliver they won't. I would recommend getting official paperwork or talking to HR before working any additional hours for promised pay, otherwise you are likely not getting it.

• The refrigerator is a police state from the maintenance staff. They will go out of their way to throw your food away to prove a point. Sometimes by showing up early or a later additional time to the scheduled refrigerator clean out.

• Improving processes and advancing their product will get you nowhere in terms of raises or promotions. Your position will be the same whether you do it or not.

• The "culture" is all forced. If you say you don't want to do something, they will tell you it's mandatory or talk to you about not having the right attitude. Most of the requirements being pointless and meaningless time wasting activities and roles they want you to do that have nothing to do with your actual job.

• No organization or communication whatsoever. So many problems and errors come up between departments because nothing is organized and communication is extremely poor. Fixing anything won't get you recognition.

Advice to Management

• Promote people the people working who actually know what they are doing.

• Measure people based on skillset and how much value they provide the company instead of only how many years they've been an employee.

• Actually measure employees performance with things like fixing business pain points or processes they have advanced. Not how many hours they log or how fast they can do a task.

3. "Look at all the awards and you will know why it’s the best place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a high-energy office environment where people interactively compete with each other and celebrate their successes together. The training is second to none and advancement opportunities happen frequently. You can have a job anywhere, but at Abstrakt you will have a career.

Cons

None that I see unless you consider hard work to be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your innovative thinking - it clearly works here and energizes the team. The expanded office space is first-class, like everything that is done here. Thanks for believing in us!!

"Partner Retention Manager"

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time

Pros

I honestly have never been happier in a workplace. From upper management on down, everyone is supportive. The people, the culture, and the opportunity for growth make this the best place to work.

Cons

IDOT and MODOT close bridges and make the commute difficult.

"Slackers Need Not Apply"

Current Employee - PSR IV
    Current Employee - PSR IV

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love that I am always given a challenge and pushed to reach my full potential. Leadership mentors you and encourages you to be transparent with what your long term goals are - they want to make sure you're job is aligned with your personal ambitions. Abstrakt cares about employees' well-being and I feel this everyday. Very happy to be here.

Cons

Here's how you know you've made it at Abstrakt. The reward for doing a good job is getting a bigger, tougher problem next time. Meaning, you are always solving the easiest problem you will ever solve again. This takes a lot of resilience and active managing of self-expectations to remember that you are not actually getting worse, the problems are just getting harder. So my advice is to remember that. And then take a second to realize that it would be a lot less fun if the reverse were true. And isn't that precisely why you wanted this job in the first place anyway? It sure was for me.

Advice to Management

Continue to find and promote the leadership that lives our operating principles.

"Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Abstrakt Marketing Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, commission incentives, great culture and people.

Cons

I occassionaly got bored of sitting and making calls all day.

"Great company with promising growth"

Current Employee - Partner Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Partner Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Able to increase your pay through meeting or exceeding personal goals
    - Company Culture
    - Promoting internally with incredible growth

Cons

- None that come to mind

"Great for telemarketing experience."

I worked at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Great for telemarketing experience, good for building time management, goal setting, and team work.

Cons

Training is thin. Lots of unprofessional relationships.

Advice to Management

Consider having an outside HR consulting firm handle developing policies for more appropriate professional relationships and also developing training.

Abstrakt Marketing Group Response

Jun 26, 2018 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback. We aren't sure what specifically you are referring to in your cons. Abstrakt has weekly training for managers and countless on-line self-paced trainings available through... More

9. "PSR"

I have been working at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a Fun Work Environment

Cons

Required to do a lot of extra work/ MAPs weekly

"Unrealistic views/greatest culture"

Former Employee - PSR
    Former Employee - PSR

I worked at Abstrakt Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and energy is hands down the greatest I have experienced. Great people

Cons

It’s the people the PSRs that keep you going you have some great assistant managers and a few that aren’t as great at managing people. They dangle the carrot a lot and make you jump through hoops only to discard how they promote people 6 months later. I guess that comes with the territory. This job is not for everyone. It’s cold calling 135 dials a day and if you don’t you’ll get texts from your manager at night why you didn’t do this or that. Also there is a huge disconnect from executive sales and the 5th floor PSRs. Executive team is setting expectations way too high for new clients. Need to start at a lower expectation and gradually work from that.

Advice to Management

Have a clearer vision of where and how you want to operate. You guys have great people but you don’t recognize the right people at times and it seems like you’re playing favorites. Good start but I would t want a career here.

Abstrakt Marketing Group Response

Jun 5, 2018 – Vice President

Thank you for recognizing our culture, we take immense pride in the culture we have developed at Abstrakt. A particular aspect of our culture that attracts team members are our internal opportunities... More