Abstrakt Marketing Group Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2021

Found 283 of over 289 reviews

3.9
Abstrakt Marketing Group President Scott Scully (no image)
Scott Scully
Pros
  • "Great people that you will meet(in 17 reviews)

• "Great place for anyone with an interest in any type of marketing(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "PSR Compensation is low for the job expectations(in 12 reviews)

• "It's hard work but very rewarding when you succeed(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Disability

This rating reflects the overall rating of Abstrakt Marketing Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunities for growth. Great place to work!

May 28, 2021 - Training and Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive and collaborative culture. Fun place to work. Great team atmosphere. Amazing people. The growth is real both as a company and for you as an individual. Lots of opportunities to develop your career in a variety of directions.

Cons

If you aren't dedicated to work hard in an effort to grow your career, this probably isn't for you.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for leaving feedback. Our sales professionals have unlimited growth potential and unending support from team members whether they want to move into social media, sales management, training, or anything in between. We strive to create a place where our team members can grow professionally and personally. Keep up the great work!

2. 5.0

Growth

May 19, 2021 - Director in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Growth is truly at Abstrakt's Core, if you are willing to work. - Senior leadership truly recognizes those that work hard and work to perform well. - Over the last 5+ years, I have truly seen a shift in transparency & listening the employee feedback. - Located on Lacledes Landing, which is exciting to come back to life! Also having the arch grounds in walking distance for lunch picnics and walks is a definite perk! - a great career start and overall place to find a career path for young professionals. - Fun atmosphere! From the Christmas Party to Give Back Day (company spends a business day giving back to the community) to Fun Fridays where we have Food Trucks and Drink Carts - they are always looking to improve the culture.

Cons

- Not a con for Abstrakt, but If you are a hardworking individual who struggles with disconnecting outside of work, work/life balance can be hard - but I can promise you that the extra work certainly doesn't go unnoticed here.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We are so glad to hear about the growth you have experienced in your career over the past 5+ years!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with some flaws

Jun 8, 2021 - Partner Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Abstrakt marketing group is a great company overall. The culture Is awesome and everyone is very welcoming. The work you do is not the best, but they make sure it’s as fun as possible given the circumstances. The management seems to trust what you do on a daily basis, and if you’re working towards hitting your goals, they leave you alone and don’t breathe down your neck. 2. Food truck Friday’s 3. Drink cart 4. Very cool office with amenities 5. Relaxed dress code 6. Opportunities for growth

Cons

1. Abstrakt loses a lot of PSRs because of the work load and the crazy metrics they put into place. Salary is low for what they expect out of you and I think it really wears people out. If it was higher the retention would be much higher ( I know they claim it’s the average salary around the market) but if you really want to be the leading marketing firm in the country, pay more regardless of what everyone else is doing. This place makes MONEY! They can afford it… after all they jusy acquired another company. 2. WORK FROM HOME! Look, I understand that you want everyone in the office, it’s great that everyone can be together and keep the fun going, but for the people that live 30+ minutes away like myself, driving to the office every single morning is really starting to take a toll on my car and my bank account, and I don’t know if I can keep that up. It’s also not that fun getting home at 6 at night or even later. We can do this job from home with no problems and still be successful. We have teams and we have email if we need to communicate. We understand what we need to do! Even if it’s just a couple days a week it would make a world of difference and really help you guys keep people happy and keep people at Abstrakt. Trust me I’ve talked with multiple people and they all feel the same way and people are really getting fed up. I know you claim if you work 6 months or whatever you can get the privilege to work from home, but cmon seriously? Why not just let it happen right away. I know people who just started a month ago and they already get to work from home. It’s very frustrating honestly. A lot of us are young adults with obligations that if being at home would reduce stress ten fold such as having kids or something else.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Grow Yourself at.

May 20, 2021 - Partner Operations Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Abstrakt is a company that always attempts to help their employees grow within their career, as long as you are willing to show dedication and hard work. I have been working for Abstrakt for 3 years and have already had multiple promotions and salary improvements. I moved into the Operations department, which isnt as Sales focused because my manager was able to identify that I may be more successful in that role. This is a trend at Abstrakt, the management team wants to see everyone grow and succeed within their career and it makes Abstrakt a great place to call home.

Cons

The PSR position (which is the role you start in) is a difficult job. Its extremely metrics focused as are many Sales positions but again, If you show the work ethic and take the time to improve, you learn more about sales during this role than any other in my career.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You are correct in that we want to see every individual who comes through our door succeed. This is why we place such a big focus on providing growth opportunities for every role. Thank you for the work that you put in each day on our operations team and we look forward to another 3 years!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company - Growth Motto Carries throughout!

May 19, 2021 - Corporate Accountant III in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking to develop your skills in a positive and supportive environment, this is the place for you. This company promotes both personal and overall growth. They provide unlimited training and have developed a model of work based on team building and mutual support from employee to employee. It's a great environment as the ownership group put a lot into keeping the environment fun and fresh to keep employees happy and motivated.

Cons

Only con is that due to the constant growth of the company at times there can be labor gaps that must be filled by current employees. However, it is really a pro because it can be considered another level of job security.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us! We are so glad to hear that you recognize the opportunities for growth that we provide to our team members as well as training. We also strive to create an engaging and fun culture for our team! We appreciate all the work you put in each day in our accounting department.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company for motivated individuals

May 19, 2021 - Training and Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment, learning on a daily basis, in house education courses, and the growth. I have been with AMG for almost 3 years now. To be successful in the PSR role, you need to be motivated to succeed not only for yourself, but your clients as well. For a large company, there is a family vibe that is extremely supporting. Upper management I feel has always given a reason for the change that is made which I appreciate. Promoted to 4 positions within 3 years.

Cons

I have no major complaints. I would say to succeed in this company, you can't expect success to come to you. You need to be a go-getter and utilize the tools and resources provided.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us over the past 3+ years. We pride ourselves on providing incredible growth paths for our team and are happy to know you have been promoted 4 times. We appreciate your hard work!

7. 5.0

Great Opportunities for Sales & Marketing

May 26, 2021 - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great People, Family Atmosphere. Most people find some of their closest friends while working at Abstrakt. - Hard Work and Positive Attitudes are Recognized & Rewarded - Abstrakt does (almost) ALL kinds of standard marketing. This gives talented and hard workers opportunities to grow into multiple marketing departments - from sales to operations, social media, website work, project management, etc. - Opportunities to make a lot of $$ in sales. If you are into sales, you can make incredible money in the Executive Sales role. - If you're into other departments outside of sales (like I was), you can expect to make the industry standard or a little more. - PSR role, while a grind, gives young workers the experience to have discussions/negotiations w/ C-Level individuals. - Free Parking w/ Shuttle Service - Stone's throw from the arch - Work in one of the most historic buildings in downtown Stl. - Expanded into a 2nd building in Nelly's old studio/university. Incredible facility - Opportunities to Work from Home - Unparalleled views of the arch from your desk - basketball court, workout facility, foozball tables, etc. - Be a part of Laclede's Landing resurgence. We have 400+ employees down here eating lunch everyday and helping improve the landing's spot on the map.

Cons

- The entry-level PSR role is a tough job for a lot of people. Unless sales and cold calling are your thing, you have to stay strong-minded and commit to your end goal of growing into a position to make it a really positive experience. A lot of these bad reviews come from folks that started as a PSR during the pandemic, working from home, and did not get to experience the excellent culture that was formed over 10 years prior to Covid. - The Landing is not the safest place in the world. Working down here is awesome in terms of being in historic downtown St. Louis, but like anywhere downtown you'll want to always keep eyes peeled walking around.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience over the past few years with our culture and leadership at Abstrakt. We always do our best to listen to our employees and we are proud to have employees on our team that excel in our A-player competencies, such as adaptability. Thank you for the hard work you have put in over the last 5-7 years and we look forward to another 5!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company With Good Growth

May 26, 2021 - PPM Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast moving and growing company that really rewards hard working people. Strive to to be the best and you will be rewarded. Opening remote options with tenure and hitting your goals

Cons

Overall the only cons would be that things change with them fast because they are growing so much. Base pay of starting employees is not enough, but they allow you to move up fast if you hit your metrics.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the growth opportunities that we provide at Abstrakt. We strive to create a life of work-life balance for our team members which is why we are implementing the telecommuting policy for our A-Players. Keep up the hard work in the PPM role, it does not go unnoticed!

9. 5.0

Extremely Wholesome and Welcoming

May 28, 2021 - Digital Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Too many to list to be quite honest. Just a great place with great people, great benefits, and such a unique environment. Haven't worked here too long but I don't see myself wanting to go anywhere anytime soon.

Cons

It's in the marketing industry so that means fast paced change you have to keep up with, however that does keep the energy up.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the work environment, benefits, and people at Abstrakt! We believe we have some of the best and brightest behind our doors! As a fast-growing organization, we do implement change frequently. One of our Abstrakt A-Player competencies is adaptability. Team members are expected to be agile and adopt these changes that are designed for the benefit of both the team members and our customers. Our executive team is very honest and open regarding changes throughout the company. We change not only to help our business needs but to help our team feel more comfortable in their roles and feel valued. Thank you and we appreciate the work you do each day!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Everchanging metrics obsessed cold calling nightmare

Feb 19, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers, decent pay, playful environment, potential paths for promotion

Cons

Constant lying, unachievable expectations, lack of respect for personal time, forced CULTure, manipulation, repetition, favoritism, hypocrisy, disregard of Covid-19, entirely draining work, micromanagement, buck passing, lying to clients, overpriced everything, paid or distant parking only, repetition, wasteful, shady. And on top of all of this, they are so very concerned about how they are viewed by fresh meat (read: new hires and clients) that they spend time writing ridiculous 5 star reviews with no substance all over the to make sure they still look good instead of actually fixing the real problems within the company. If you want to work with them for any reason, you better be prepared to drink all the Kool-aid in the world. That's part of the reason these reviews are so angry; negative feedback given to the company is always met with lies, empty promises, endless statistics, and some more kool-aid.

5 people found this review helpful

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our team. We are glad to hear that during your time at Abstrakt were satisfied with the growth opportunities, work environment and coworkers. The PSR role is not for everyone. To excel in that position, you do need to be a sales-minded individual with high expectations. High expectations are what has made us the successful company that we are today. Our partner sales representative’s minimum expectation is 120 dials a day the actual goal is 135 per day. This minimum number considers, time spent for training and development as well as one on one time with management to discuss any concerns or issues. Because the PSR role is so important, we have a two week classroom style training for all new hires and ongoing training throughout their tenure. To be transparent, we are a metrics driven business and our managers do follow up often with employees on their metrics. We don’t consider that micromanagement but management to assist the employee in meeting or exceeding expectations. Abstrakt’s pay and benefits are in line with the market and our culture is second to none. For example, we have company outings to cultivate team chemistry and perks such a ping pong table, pop-a-shot and massage chair, just to name a few, for employees to enjoy throughout the day. We also offer competitive paid time off benefits, bereavement, jury duty, and even charitable leave. We are recruiting at a high level, and just like every other business in the world, we ask our team members to leave reviews of their experience. It allows our potential new hires to gauge how they feel about our workplace and culture. We strive for a culture of transparency and performance expectations are clearly defined immediately. Individual performance is tracked in our Salesforce Dashboards, we have found that this allows employees to know fully where they are performing well and what can be improved. In no way is the purpose to shame non-performing employees. On the contrary, it is to inspire employees to always be growing. We encourage our team members to reach out to HR or their direct manager with concerns about their current book of business. Our CEO makes it a point to speak quarterly at our vision meetings, on top of meeting weekly with directors and management, to encourage full transparency with all 300+ of our team members. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews