Found 41 of over 625 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Staff must go through assistants or newly hired 'chiefs of staff' to reach senior leadership." (in 18 reviews)
- "Will not be exaggerated if said that maybe half of the management is beyond their level of incompetence,very poor management and inter" (in 18 reviews)
- "Low pay and huge gap in pa structure" (in 17 reviews)
- "Salaries are low for entry level MPH/Masters holders and outrageously high when you know" (in 15 reviews)
- "Some managers are back" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Abt Associates and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 4, 2014Subcontracts RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBethesda, MD
The company does work to provide a work life balance and has a laid back environment (although this depends on the division I am told)
Struggles of a growing company mixed with salaries being skewed towards the top. Bonuses are only for executives. Raises are distributed via horse trading and side table conversations, reviews mean nothing.2
- 4.0Feb 16, 2017Anonymous InternFormer Intern
Very nice people to work around with very supportive environment/tools
Sometimes it is a little bit slow for intern to stay energetic throughout the program
- 3.0Aug 18, 2015Senior AssociateCurrent Employee
Plenty of bright, talented people to work with and learn from. Great environment for entrepreneurial types who can advocate for themselves and seek out billable work when between projects. High quality technical work based on rigorous standards. Can be intense, but culture is casual and friendly for the most part.
Although changing and improving, operational and administrative systems still too complex and make it difficult to get simple project tasks done at times. Difficult to maintain billing hours if you're not assigned to a project. Limited ability to advance for mid- and senior-level staff.2
- 4.0Sep 30, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAbuja, Federal Capital Territory
Working with Abt Associates gave me the opportunity to have the experience of working on health financing and health system development streams of donor-development work in a multicultural environment in the efforts directed at improving universal health coverage and contribute to Nigeria's health system strengthening.
Multi-tasking can sometimes be very stressful.
- 4.0Mar 3, 2019Applications DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I have many different projects giving me solid experience and exposure to various technologies. It's a comfortable and friendly work environment.
Sometimes I get stuck on a project I don't like and don't have a say on how to improve it.1
- 3.0Dec 18, 2018CommunicationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRockville, MD
Great vision. Updated office environment. Motivated staff.
Too much of a focus on profit takes away from the companies mission. The focus on ensuring each staff member bills a client for each 15 minutes worked creates a less social and friendly work environment. The location is far from ideal and staff who live in DC often face well over an hour commute each way.8
- 5.0May 5, 2014Senior Payroll ClerkCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsCambridge, MA
Became more efficient and professional work environment.
Development knowledge in ADP Payroll staff professionally.
- 2.0Apr 16, 2017Finance and Contracts AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBethesda, MD
I have been with a company for over 7 years. Good place to start working but not staying.Very flexible work environment and laid back atmosphere (feels academic).
Very hard to get promoted, hard work is not appreciated, very low pay especially for Finance and Contract Analysts in comparison with other companies. Too many managers too few employees to do the work. Pay raise is horrid. Very competitive among employees. Limited opportunities for advancement within the company in certain divisions. Hard to get salary bump/raise, promotion/annual review process unclear/political. I personally do not feel valued in this company.4