Abt Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Abt Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2019

4.3
Abt CEO Mike, Ricky, Jon & Billy Abt (no image)
Mike, Ricky, Jon & Billy Abt
Pros
  • "Good Pay, good environment, family like feel, get promoted, easy going, laid back, great benefits, good job security, promotes within(in 11 reviews)

• "I thought it was a great place to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor Management in entry level positions, hours can be tough must be available for long hours during high season (holidays)(in 8 reviews)

• "their bonus fund is a little goofy,(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great job growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at Abt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunites to grow in the company. They have so many different areas in which you can try to learn a new specialty. If you want to transfer to a new department to explore new interest which I did a couple of times it seemed pretty easy so long as there was an opening. They have great employee benefits and that is something I miss even after leaving the company.

Cons

It seems sometimes that the supervisors can form a bit a clique that can show who favorites are. Everyone should be treated with the same respect and be given equal opportunities.

Abt2019-09-26
  2. "It was a great learning experience."

I worked at Abt

Pros

It’s a family owned company

Cons

That you have to work Saturday’s.

Advice to Management

Figure it out.

Abt2019-10-09
  3. "Great Place!"

I worked at Abt

Pros

Cons

No cons at all. Very good place to work at.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Abt2019-09-13
  4. "Indifferent work place environment here"

Current Employee - Logistics Router

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

close to home, managers are understanding if you are a good employee

Cons

the environment can be toxic with a lot of gossip and immaturity

Abt2019-09-18
  5. "the pros and cons working at ABT"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than a year

Pros

the people are great there management is also very collaborative working as a team

Cons

moving up the ladder could be a challenge due to the low rate of the turn over.

Abt2019-09-01
  6. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Appliance Repair Technician in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's always work. Money is great. The people that work there are AMAZING including the Abt brothers.

Cons

The bonus is what made me run away. The fines you get hit with left and right. My ocd couldn't see past that.

Abt2019-08-30
  7. "best place ever"

Current Employee - Sales in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

fast paced - gorgeous surroundings - great $ - super nice co workers and owners - customers are great

Cons

parking is far from the employee entrance

Abt2019-08-07
  8. "Current driver for 5 years and counting"

Current Employee - Driver in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love this place. One thing I admire and notice when working with various helpers on my truck is the quality of people they hire. Almost everyone I’ve worked with has good morals and good manners. There are a set of rules I go by that Abt has instilled in me. Do not steal or lie, work hard, and make the customer happy. If you do those 4 things you will work here for as long as you want. I work with one of the... owners son who is a great guy as well. Their entire family will be generous to you if you respect them and their family business. Do not listen to the negative reviews that these other people give. I have been coming to Abt since I was a kid and have really grown to care about the company. Our head manager for deliveries is very helpful as well. He gives every driver and helper his personal phone number so you can ask him any questions you might have. He was also a former driver/installer so he understands what we do and is always available to answer questions we may have on the road as well. Also very generous with time off which I love. One more thing - you get to see so many different places. I’ve been to famous peoples houses, the Hancock, wrigley field, the practice facility for the Blackhawks, and the list goes on. Great great company to be a part of.

Cons

I really can’t think of any. You get to ride around and see new places all day and make people happy. What’s bad about that?

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I really admire the owners. We have a three point contest every year and I remember after I got knocked out one year Ricky (one of the owners) told me we will practice together next year so I won’t get knocked out again. Billy (one of the other owners) gave me a high five after I made a tie breaking shot. Little things like that make it that much more enjoyable to work here. The point of this story... is that they are so down to earth and they are just like the rest of us. They aren’t hidden upstairs in some office, they get to know you and you get to know them. That’s one of my favorite parts about them. They don’t think they are above anybody else and they are very modest. Appreciate you guys and thanks for everything.

Abt2019-07-16
  9. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Abt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for everything about them is awesome and great family business.

Cons

There’s none for Abt they’re a good company.

Abt2019-07-07
  10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker

I have been working at Abt part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working here. Everyone is happy to help if you are having trouble. Everyone knows each other and it makes me feel included.

Cons

Some salesman and general managers can be rude when trying to make a sale.

Abt2019-06-12

Abt Response

June 29, 2019General Manager

Abt consistently strives to make our customer experience the best possible. We have over 240 salespeople that go to various product trainings and sales meetings in order to make sure our customers get the best service. We also have a price guarantee where we will meet or beat any authorized dealer. We have been rated #1 in Consumer Reports for the past 8 years and are proud of our customer service.

Found 116 reviews