KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Academic Partnerships Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2022

Found 241 of over 258 reviews

3.9
Academic Partnerships CEO  Fernando Bleichmar (no image)
Fernando Bleichmar

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Academic Partnerships and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

New Hire Review

Mar 8, 2022 - Student Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a newer employee who just hit her 120 days, I can honestly say I have never worked in a more positive, team-focused, engaging, and diverse organization. The level of employee appreciation, and the extremely positive morale of everyone and every dept I have interacted with thus far, is unmatched, which speaks volumes, as I have 14+ years experience in higher education. I am grateful that I said yes to this company!

Cons

I haven’t come across a down side yet.

5 people found this review helpful

Academic Partnerships Response

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

So very glad you have joined our organization.

2. 5.0

Supportive Environment

Jul 19, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive co-workers, leaders encourage autonomy and are open to new ideas and approaches

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Inclusive Diverse Employee Centric Employer

Aug 11, 2022 - Executive Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

AP is a growing company that puts its employees and our university partners first.

Cons

We are launching lots of new technology and programs that will get us caught up and potentially advance in our industry.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent when you don’t know any better and are just starting your career

Jul 31, 2022 - Enrollment Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming out of college, the pay is what would be considered decent for most. Benefits weren’t bad either. Relatively low health insurance premium, tuition reimbursement (half the cost of the course and you have to go to one of the companies programs) work from home

Cons

Little opportunity for growth, no racial diversity outside of enrollment services. Managers are incompetent and the only thing they do to “help you” do your job is micromanage you, go over a call guide with you, and harass you about your goals and how many dials you make. You are given little resources and once you get comfortable with your script there is literally nothing else you can contribute to feel as though you are making an impact, nor are there ways you can grow and learn skills that will be transferable outside of a call center. If you stay too long, you can literally get stuck. Managers use scare tactics and expect you to be robotic. They also make threats to “document you” if you fail to send a text or leave a voicemail. The only way to “move up” is to become a manager or senior specialist. Applying for other departments is a waste because they will rarely look at your application, yet alone respond with a status update. You have to prove your worth by brown nosing and doing the manager’s odd tasks that they don’t want to do. They don’t look for people who are good at leading, strategizing, and who want to make processes better and make positive differences for the lives of students. They want to promote people who are good at running excel reports and those that show that they are comfortable micromanaging others and taking orders . If you are fresh out of college it makes sense, but afterwards you should run fast. Work life balance is non existent during working hours, if you haven’t made a call in over 3 minutes, expect to get a message with the manager asking “why aren’t you dialing?” Also, they literally have no clue how to talk to people. Management tries to establish superiority and if you have so much as an opinion or different view of things you are looked at as troublesome. There is no room for two way communication. Your only option is to smile and nod. The job is a joke, so glad i left!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

God

Jul 19, 2022 - Enrollement Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

OK pay when you start

Cons

No increases or very minimal

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Do Not Recommend

Aug 2, 2022 - Enrollment Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home so no expense on commute

Cons

A lot of deceit from management

7. 3.0

Meh, It's Ok.

May 11, 2022 - Student Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending who your manager is, makes a huge difference. I like how flexible the retention department is when it comes to situations.

Cons

It's more or less a call center. They push for 4x4s, growth in the company, all this different opportunities but they stress KPIs too much at the same time. Its a issue if you don't meet them. The KPIs are hard to reach alot of times during slow season which stresses the team out. Also alot of the calls you would make the student feels like its not help

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for overall!

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working for this company. I don't feel like just a number to C-suite management, the company is clearly committed to educational values, and I feel that hard work is recognized at all levels.

Cons

While the benefits package for AP employees is good, it does not include some critical elements such as sick days, flex days off or mental health days. Included those in the benefits package would really improve AP's overall company quality.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best based on the current business

Jul 16, 2022 - Enrollment Specialist Remote in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and opportunity for growth

Cons

Too busy, no downtime or allowable bathroom breaks

10. 5.0

Great Company, Great People, Great Culture

Jun 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people to work with, lots of professional development opportunities and support, Remote work

Cons

I do not have to share

Viewing 1 - 10 of 241 Reviews

Academic Partnerships Reviews FAQs

Academic Partnerships has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 258 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Academic Partnerships to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Academic Partnerships employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Academic Partnerships. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

81% of Academic Partnerships employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Academic Partnerships 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Academic Partnerships to be benefits, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Academic Partnerships Job Seekers