KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Academic Partnerships

Is this your company?

Academic Partnerships

Add a Review

Academic Partnerships Employee Reviews about "higher education"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

Found 12 of over 203 reviews

4.2
Academic Partnerships CEO and Vice-Chairman Rob Ganji  (no image)
Rob Ganji
Pros
  • "Great work culture and great people(in 11 reviews)

• "get to work in higher education(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very high upper management turnover(in 10 reviews)

• "High turnover ratio for call center(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "higher education"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I could not be happier with my decision...

Nov 13, 2019 - Student Coordinator- Retention Services (Remote Employee)
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with AP for over a year now and I an extremely happy with my decision to join the organization. I currently work as a Student Coordinator in the Retention Services department and get to assist student daily as they work towards their goal of higher education. My role is 100% remote (work from home), which has afforded me a work/life balance that is unparalleled to any other company I have worked for. We have a wonderful team that is very supportive and genuinely wants to see you succeed and grow! AP also offers a very competitive PTO and benefits package as well.

Cons

As with any online program management provider, there are times where the pace of the day moves extremely fast. This can be challenging, but the team and the company overall is very appreciative of the hard work that is being done and is not shy about sharing praises during those high-volume/productivity times.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Deceptive Organization

Jul 24, 2015 - Executive Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

At a glance, the company seems strong and leadership capable and solid. After the interview process, I was confident and excited about my decision to land at AP. I worked hard, exceeded my goals, was professional, and dutifully performed tasks that were asked of me by upper management. I quickly learned that real talent is not what the company wants, but rather to eliminate high performers who are skilled and knowledgeable. Additionally, less-than capable individuals are promoted, leaving the organizational operations mismanaged by under qualified leaders. The company is in dire straights; it has a negative reputation among many organizations in various industries. In the short period of time (9 months) I represented AP as a member of the business team (which had 9 staff when I began and currently has two employees,) I salvaged numerous relationships and built partnerships with large-scale companies. Once I exceeded my goals for the company, I was informed that changes to the market were taking place and that there was no longer a need for my work. I learned a valuable lesson from my brief time at AP: if something seems too good to be true, it is. Employees at AP are overpaid and titles are inflated, but the positions won't last. Given the volatile state the higher education industry is in, along with the poor practices of leadership at AP, I am certain that it is just a matter of time before the company folds.

Cons

Under qualified and incapable leadership, inflated titles, misrepresentation of AP representatives, culture of fear and uncertainty, egotistical staff, overpaid employees

21 people found this review helpful

Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

We take your candid feedback very seriously and we wish you had a better experience at AP. We acknowledge the need to improve new team member integration in certain departments and we are implementing new procedures to avoid this in the future. I encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources Manager at Bart.Wilburn@AcademicPartnerships.com so that we can address your concerns.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

AP’s business model: Over promise, over charge, under deliver.

Apr 29, 2014 - Sales in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are merely looking to survive rather than thrive throughout your tenure as you earn industry standard to above average pay, you are suited for the culture and atmosphere of Academic Partnerships. If you believe ‘outwit, outplay, and outlast’ makes for an entertaining television premise and it also describes your ideal work environment, than most definitely, sign on with AP.

Cons

Where AP was once founded upon the ideals of the Morrill Act, emphasizing the access of affordable higher education for all, in recent years, it has shifted to standard corporate ideals: more, bigger, faster. More saturation of university partners’ programs for bigger revenue gains as fast as possible, quality and accountability be damned. The vision of AP has truly become a game of numbers. How many universities can AP sign, how quickly can programs be ramped up, and how many leads can be generated to satisfy ever-changing goals within an ever-changing, reactive environment. Those who have attempted to rectify AP’s business model of over promising, over charging, and under delivering to university clients have been discarded unceremoniously. Others who toil endlessly to feed the machine eventually leave to pursue employment opportunities where loyalty, honesty, and integrity remain valued commodities. Where AP once prided itself for recruiting practices that set it apart from rival proprietary universities, it now embraces those same tactics; leveraging their university partners’ reputations to increase revenue.

22 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Big ideas, big bets, big wins

Jan 7, 2014 - Executive Vice President in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Academic Partnerships is a small company that lives and breathes entrepreneurship and has a strong sense of social mission to provide access to top-quality higher education at an affordable price. The company thrives on big, bold thinking, innovation and making things happen. It is a place for shakers and movers and those who want to drive positive and transformative changes in higher education.

Cons

This is not a con, but it is how AP proudly operates. The company’s guiding principles of providing universal access to higher education never change. How we get there does because we have the luxury of controlling our own destiny and adapting to a rapidly changing higher ed environment. Not everyone is cut out for this culture. One must be comfortable with change, not afraid of failure and be willing to push the envelope on a daily basis. Those who thrive in such an environment find it to be exhilarating. Those who don’t usually move on.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The company is all about filling the pockets of Randy Best and his investor cronies

Nov 7, 2013 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the people that I met when I worked there. AP was lucky to have hired very dedicated, committed team players who really believed in the mission of expanding access of a higher education degree online to thousands of students who couldn't afford or have the time to attend an on-campus program. I bought the vision hook, line and sinker...and sunk with the ship.

Cons

Executives are all out for themselves. In a meeting, Randy didn't care about the masses of people he was laying off, all he cared about was keeping his personal health care benefits. You can't trust what anyone says. The company is making money, but it's going to Randy's investors to keep them happy, not the employees doing the work.

14 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The pay is good, but beware - it is the only way they can lure people to work there

Jun 21, 2013 - Marketing Director in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

At one time, there was great energy and a great mission to provide affordable education to many people. There was once a common goal of increasing access to higher education, but the new push is to turn a profit and do what is right for the company and not always what is right for higher Ed.

Cons

Near 100% turnover in all departments. Constant leadership changes and constant change in strategy. One day you are the star and the next day you are the doormat - no one stays in favor for long. If you don't leave on your own, it is only a matter of time before you will be walked out. The instability and constant change makes for an unpleasant and uncertain work environment. It is discouraging because it could be great. The potential is there and that is what keeps people going, but the constant turnover keeps any potential success at bay. Sad.

13 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Good story, good space, good pay, but direction and people change constantly.

Jul 3, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's an exciting time to be in the higher education online marketing business. AP pays high salaries, has a good track record, and a compelling story.

Cons

Extremely high turnover and constant change breeds culture of fear so this opportunity may not be for everyone. All decisions are made by CEO, so if you're looking for team spirit and collaboration you may want to look elsewhere.

13 people found this review helpful

Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

We value and appreciate your feedback. We continue to focus on building and developing a successful management team, which can execute on our mission. We consider investment in talent our most important fiduciary objective and strive to find and retain associates who are excited about expanding access to top quality and affordable higher education.

8. 1.0

Bias Company

Oct 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best reason to work for the company it motivates you to pursue higher education

Cons

Bias . No place for advancement higher than management if you are not of the fairer skin color . Rudeness from employees when given a simple hello . I was not given a fair opportunity due to my ethnicity, which I was not the right person to be the face of the company . It was not performance nor attendance . Only AA was allowed in lower positions. Slim to none in Executive Positions .

16 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We are focused on hiring and promoting a diverse workforce. We would like to hear more about your experience if you would like to share. Could you please reach out and share with our HR Team - HR@AcademicPartnerships.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

“Don't believe the change hype. Deception, mistrust and lack of integrity.”

Sep 1, 2015 - Professional Full-time in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people, just can't trust upper management.

Cons

Lack of consistent direction from anywhere in the organization. They present themselves as caring about higher education, but they care more about the paintings on the walls and the furniture in the lobby than the people who work for them. Upper management lacks integrity and will fire people to make their bottom line look better. For the hourly employees, free food and a phone job, although like glorified telemarketers, it's better than "do you want fries with that?" If you are a professional, it is a career pit.

25 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Leave politics at home

Oct 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed the mission of the company to help other students have access to higher education.

Cons

Politics. It was the most political environment I have ever worked for in my career. Instead of participating in recognized and respected higher education industry organizations, it participated in partisan political organizations catering to certain political parties. Disappointing and unprofessional.

21 people found this review helpful