Acadia Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs
Joey A. Jacobs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great perks and wonderful work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Good work/life balance; not required to work unreasonable hours; benefits are decent; consistent application of policies across facilities (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • premiums are high and there is no 401k match (in 14 reviews)

• There is no 401k match which is the greatest disadvantage (in 13 reviews)

1. "Acadia Healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, positive work/life balance, great teams, opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Higher costs with health benefits

"Acadia Employment"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work hours and the relationships made within our teams. The positive support of our direct managers.

Cons

Need more company activity that show employee appreciation and worth to the company. Making it a joy not a burden to spend so much time dedicated to our days.

Advice to Management

Increased turn over in some field locations make it difficult to provide consistent training and support. Need to review compensation and benefits offered for all positions in order to be competitive in our market. You get what you pay for! Service begins at the front lines and if employees do not feel valued they do not provide good customer service to patients.

3. "Rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Acadia is a growing, busy company that offers opportunities for those who work hard. The management team cares about the employees and does a good job balancing employee concerns and profitability. We have employee appreciation events. I have always felt that my opinions and contributions were respected.

Cons

No 401(k) match, insurance is expensive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Management is engaged with employees and is open to feedback. The company has a good culture and they promote from within whenever possible.

Cons

No 401k match
    Employees with less than 5 years of service only get 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick time

Advice to Management

401k match
    Move from vacation/sick time to PTO and increase the allotment.

5. "Acadia Employment"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honest, Caring, Reasonable and Accommodating.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are expensive for what you get.

6. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, great people doing great things. Senior leadership listens and responds to questions. They are all approachable and the company is focused on doing the right thing for our patients.

Cons

Vacation time and lack of 401k match
    No company is perfect and the work environment outweighs these benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. "Human Resources"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing; very much needed services that we provide; tons of opportunity to put your stamp on new processes. Great culture and nice people! Lots of autonomy.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

Positive and nurturing employee environment. A growing company that provides lots of opportunity for growth and development into new fields. Enjoyable Holiday and Company parties, Softball games, events fundraisers that enhance employee culture and corporate gatherings. Opportunity to workout with a Personal Trainer during lunch times. Company participates in community events such as American Heart Walk and Jason Foundation to prevent suicide prevention. Have experienced positivity with the management supervisors who take the time to nurture, train and mold employees to succeed in their respective role. Great health benefits. Policies & Procedures are clear, set in place and organized so there isn't room for interpretation. CEO is very generous, smart and cares about the culture of Acadia. President is very hands on, engaged, intelligent and positively engaged in Acadia's culture, internal systems and overall success. One of the most positive companies I have worked for and have learned so many valuable new skills to apply to my future career goals.

Cons

Very conservative company culture. Dress code is more on the formal / business professional side. The work is steadily and fast paced at all times. No 401K match. Vacation plan is 10 days a year on a accumulated basis. Other competing healthcare companies offer a more desirable vacation plan that are three weeks upon being hired instead of being offered 2 Personal Days and then giving opportunity to acquire 10 days as hours are earned.

Advice to Management

Need to have more organized training structure for new hires. A lot of information is squeezed in at Orientation and UltiPro Training in a short amount of time which can cause people to experience information overload. Find a way to spread the information out over a longer time frame to avoid burnout. Implement a competitive 401K match so that employees hard work can be invested in a future healthy retirement return. This will motivate employees to invest in the long run.

9. "Corporate Payroll Specialist"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, benefits are good and always some activity happening so you don't feel like you are a robot. You actually participate and your suggestions and opinions are heard and they do matter.

Cons

Sometime it is hectic when the system is down on a busy Monday for payroll. We still have deadlines to meet or if a Holiday falls on Monday or Tuesday. But we have never missed one yet.

Advice to Management

I think management at the Corporate office as well as the facility do a fantastic job. My manager and Director do a great job and I feel like both are understanding and fair with allowing us to take care of business during the week. Some things you can't do on the weekend. They pitch in to help cover an absence

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks and wonderful work environment! Accommodating and understanding management! Definitely feel appreciated and recognized! From the top to the bottom, open-door policy, casual, comfortable, fun yet professional company! I love working here!

Cons

Not much negative that I can think of but it would be great if the company matched 401K.

Advice to Management

*A few weeds in the bunch that need to be removed.
    *It would be great to be able to work from home, plus it would be cost effective for the company.