Acadia Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs
Joey A. Jacobs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast paced, positive work/life balance, great teams, opportunities for growth and development (in 6 reviews)

• Great perks and wonderful work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • premiums are high and there is no 401k match (in 14 reviews)

• There is no 401k match which is the greatest disadvantage (in 13 reviews)

"No management support, no morale among staff."

Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN
    Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN

Pros

If you enjoy working with troubled kids, then there are a lot of opportunities for you to counsel them.

Cons

Support from management is almost non existent, always short staffed, staff are in potentially dangerous situations with little help and at times single staffed when they shouldn't be.

Advice to Management

The kids are the ones who are suffering. It isn't all about the money. That isn't why the Village was founded and it is on a downward spiral.

"Billionaires with no care"

Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR
    Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its local, my fellow employees on site, and my patients.

Cons

When Acadia bought my company I was exicted thinking it would be for the best. WRONG. They seem to not have a care in the world about employee. We are always short staffed, do not get paid enough and its less than 9$ an hour, I have never met anyone higher up than our local CEO but feel the wrath of all the choices they make to save a dollar, they dont seem to care about our children that attend their clinics because by the choice they make you can clearly tell, and they dont communicate with staff period!! Oh and they have an occurrence system a patient has the stomach bug gives it to you the supervisor sends you home but you get an occurrence! !! Ridiculous

Advice to Management

Go to a clinic and work for less than 9$ an hour in the classroom for a week and see what choices you make then. Communicate one on one with your staff. Cheaper better insurance and more pay. Due away with occurrence system and hire more people.

"The last few months were horrible and completely overwhelming and patient safety compromised."

Pros

Pay, pay, pay, pay, pay

Cons

They ask for your opinion but if it's not what they want to hear, you'll be fired.

Advice to Management

Your leaving yourself wide open to a law suit.

"Definition of insanity is Acadia"

Former Employee - Human Resource
    Former Employee - Human Resource

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Patients, good employees who were at hospital before Acadia bought it out

Cons

They fire CEO's and CFO's, Clinical Directors, and therapists, faster than speed of light, employees at all levels are hired and set up to fail without proper orientation or support from leaders, and systems and processes

Advice to Management

Do you even have a strategic plan? The constant churn of employees is telling you a story are you listening? Manual systems where employees spend huge effort checking the work of vendors ?? Who are paid to do the job??? What is wrong with this ?? I wonder if your leadership team even knows thousands wasted on constant employee churn

"Insanity"

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved most of my co-workers. I believe there are a handful (very small hand) of competent employees that bear the load that keeps the facility I worked at going.

Cons

High turnover rate that I believe is part of their business model because no one at regional or higher level seems to mind. Transparency is an unknown term in that organization. Incompetent clinical director-I mean really incompetent. Horrible pay.

Advice to Management

Training and education are important. Stop taking your biggest asset-human capital for granted.

"Buyout has shifted once patient-centered, familial company to cold, money-hungry facility."

Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Ocala, FL

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and staff, for the most part, are friendly.

Cons

Hourly pay and salaries are poor, extremely high turnover rates, some employees are overworked due to lack of responsibility among other employees yet are not compensated for this, very little if any accountability among senior management, morale among employees is terrible, lack of training and advancement opportunities, HR is underqualified and is not very involved in employee matters, favoritism and entitlement is still very present in certain departments, budget cuts which diminish the quality of patient care (and the patients take notice!), Acadia has basically turned this facility into a cold, hospital-like environment instead of the familial, warm and caring place it once was.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' concerns and take a more active role in handling matters. Pay employees what they deserve for their skills, certifications and length of employment. Invest in employees more through improved training, career advancement opportunities and better perks for those earning a degree. Be accountable for short-comings and focus more on quality of care and treating the patient like a human being in need instead of only seeing dollar signs.

"Be honest with the world..."

Former Employee - Texas in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in Abilene, TX

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good co-workers and the opportunity to help those in need.

Cons

Continually understaffed by design to maximize $$ over patient care or safety.

Advice to Management

With just a bit more staff, this place could be safer, more effective and actually keep staff longer. Every member of this organization should be required to work the floor quarterly to see the difficulty of caring for patients with so little resources.

"Confusing Corporate Messages"

Former Employee - Senior in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior in Nashville, TN

Pros

Growing because other companies are weak.

Cons

Poor benefits, poor pay, no follow through on promises.

Advice to Management

If you are going to shake hands with people and make deals - then follow through.
    Stop letting people lead when they cannot.
    Stop playing games with people.
    Learn about integrity, taking care of people, and not confusing the two.

"Horrible company.."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get a paycheck (somewhat), great employees (who won't be there much longer due to lay offs)

Cons

This place used to be a great place to work. However, things went down hill once Acadia bought us out. Nearly all of administration was fired and now they have corporate folks running the show that have no idea how to manage a psych facility. You're forced to work 12 - 18 hour shifts with no break. Half the time your pay check isn't right and they won't give you the money for the hours you worked. They don't pay you the shift diff's like they are supposed to. Staffing is horrible. Due to lack of staff and proper management, this is a very unsafe place to work. Not enough staff to properly watch and manage the patients. Patients don't get the care that they need due to the minimal staff. Patients leave and come right back because they weren't properly treated. They don't care about their employees, patients, or anything else except making money. I wouldn't recommend working here.

Advice to Management

You are about to lose a lot of great, dedicated, and loyal employees who actually care about the patients. I understand that this is a business and you need to be profitable but with the route you're going, you're going to end up failing because you can't keep employees or your patients safe. You will either bankrupt or be sued due to malpractice, neglect, and abuse of your patients because all you care about is money.

"Philadelphians: Run for the Hills!!!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They tell you that you should be lucky that you have a job. Is that a pro? Probably not; however, I do agree that having some sort of paycheck is nice.

Cons

When Einstein Hospital sold their Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment facility, a psyche facility of approximately 143 bed, to Acadia Healthcare, we did not know what to expect. The transition was a complete joke. It has been almost a month after this transition and we still are using Einstein forms. Acadia has NEVER posted their employment policies anywhere and we were directly told to continue following Einstein policies. However, we are NO LONGER Einstein employees and NO LONGER have access to their policies. Communication is a complete joke. There is NO COMMUNICATION. I've gotten more information from a rock. This is sad. If you send an email to most anyone NO ONE replies. Instead, someone tries to speak to you verbally so that there is no email trail and they cannot be held accountable. This is pathetic. Although they honored a 2% raise Einstein had promised its employees, if you were still entitled to a raise for either new skills learned or yearly review they did not give it; instead, they gave every fictitious reason as to how they are "working on it" but nothing happens. We are soooooo short staffed at this moment that working on the floors has become a daily crap shoot and very dangerous! Their own website does not even have a career tab when you visit the Belmont Behavioral Hospital site; yet they talk about having a job fair in August. How in the world a company can take over a psychiatric hospital and not have its website ready to go, even for employment possibilities, is most pathetic. AND if you were participating in Einstein's tuition reimbursement plan... no more. They have NO TUITION REIMBURSEMENT and have no intention of offering it at this facility. Their version of investing in their employees is to have an employee of the month and an off-site Christmas party (this is their actual answer). ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

Advice to Management

Try giving a crap about your employees. Unlike most other hospitals in the region, you have no idea what it means to utilize a true collaborative effort in policy creation, patient care, and safety management. Have your CEO take his sports coat off and roll up his sleeves and hit the floors with the nurses and behavioral health associates to see what it really is like on a day to day basis and to assess where true areas of opportunity exist to better the overall care provided to the patients and how to appreciate your staff. The work "communication" is in the dictionary. Your company has no idea what that word means. And lastly, invest in your employees. A carrot-and-stick investment is the antithesis of a substantive employee investment. Discard the former and stick with the latter. Your company will actually retain employees that way rather than having almost everyone placing applications with other hospitals in the region.